Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Woman destroys Hindu idols in Bahrain

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 17:07
This video of a woman is circulating where she is destroying Hindu idols in a shop in Bahrain.

Youtube Video

Bahrain's ministry of interior statement:
Capital Police took legal steps against a woman, 54, for damaging a shop in Juffair and defaming a sect and its rituals, in order to refer her to the Public Prosecution.

https://twitter.com/moi_bahrain/status/1294874209244581890
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 18:30
Let's wait and see what the shariah says about this.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 18:37
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I'm not a knowledgeable person but I do know that it is not permissible in Islam to damage someone else's property.

If someone else knows the ruling, please correct me if I'm wrong.
No post ratings
Rank Image
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 19:08
Images or videos (media) with people (eyes) is simply not permitted on muftisays.com public section to respect all opinions. If the video is beneficial, please convert it to audio format and repost. See this topic for help on video conversion to audio.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 21:38
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 23:29
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Yes as a general rule but not when it violates shariah. Otherwise the idols rasoolullah (saw) and the sahaba destroyed on the conquest of makkah, idols Ibrahim (as) destroyed and statues taliban destroyed didn't belong to them but it was the ultimate violation of tawhid. Also if the shop keeper is Muslim he needs a slap. Wouldn't selling idols be a kufr act anyway?

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 05:30
Great Islamic country where it is illegal to defame Shirk.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 06:17
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Probably because they have grown up seeing their Bollywood heroes. Doing Pooja of these Idols.

Even Modi most likely represents to them the Jovial type of Uncle seen in Bollywood flicks.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 08:12
I was astonished to see that idols are being sold so openly in shops in Bahrain. Never heard this kind of thing before. I saw comment on another forum from Indonesian member who said even in Indonesia where there is large Hindu population and is the only country to have picture of idol ganesha on their currency note, they do not sell these things commonly in shops.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 09:26
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Is it permissible to sell Hindu Bhagwans openly at common shop outlets in Hindu'ism? I have heard that it is not permissible to do so.

Can someone confirm?

TechMan wrote:
View original post

That is correct. Idols are not commonly sold openly in Indonesia.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 10:20
What is this about defaming a sect? That makes it sound like a particular sect worships those idols in Muslim Bahrain?

First time I have seen idols being sold openly as well. That also in a Muslim country. The shopkeeper should be prosecuted. Surely there must be a law about this in a Muslim country like selling wine publicly is prohibited by law.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 15:26
Someone commented "When she was breaking the first god, why did the other gods not try to save him. The big god was the last to go. Because of his size he could have intervened and saved the small ones."
+4 -0Like x 1Creative x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 16:10
Rajab wrote:
View original post

It's funny and sad at the same time that things that we as Muslims read about the times of the Prophets of Allah and their conversations with the mushrikeen, we can now witness those conversations first-hand. Another comment I read on that said something like "they are destroying the ones who created them". If this is not proof that Shirk completely obliterates common sense, then I don't know what is.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 07:25
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:

Is it permissible to sell Hindu Bhagwans openly at common shop outlets in Hindu'ism? I have heard that it is not permissible to do so.

Pooja season is about to hit India in couple of weeks. There will be road side idol casting units doing the brisk seasonal business of casting, painting and selling idols.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 09:04
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Q. Is it permissible in Shariah to destroy idols that are owned by someone else? My question is in regards to the recent viral video where a woman in Bahrain broke the idols in a shop.

A. In technical sense, it is permissible to break or destroy any item whose only purpose is that of haram or shirk (sole-haram items). This is despite the fact that it may belong to someone else.

However, different angles play a role in nahi anil munkar. As we explained the concept of nahi anil munkar in our Arba'oon al-Nawawi course that while using one's hand in stopping a munkar, it is vital to understand how one's action will bring forth the consequences.

Primarily, where one does not have authority, it may actually backfire. A person can say that he is breaking idols as it is shirk, but when done to another persons property in hope that he will desist from shirk, then chances are that consequences will not reach that objective.

Similarly, doing so in a non-khilafa, or to temple which is vibrantly used, cannot confirm that the adherent of that religion will stop worshiping those idols.

But in a controlled environment wherein idols belong to one's friend or family relative such that one knows that breaking them will spur the individual(s) towards islam, then in view of permissibility, that objective is hopeful.

I have not followed the viral video which you have mentioned, hence given a general reponse. According to the fatwa position in Hanafiya, if someone does destroy items of sole-haram usage, one will be liable to pay raw-material's cost to cover for it, but will not be sinful.

Moreover, the above response is from strict fiqhi sense. We also keep in mind that since it is within an Islamic Country, while permission of sultan/Ameer is required to excuse an individual from liability for a public destruction of sole-haram property of another, the individual will be dealt with by the governing body as they deem fit administratively.

Mufti Faisal al Mahmudi
+2 -0