Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Hindu Temple in Islamabad by Imran Khan (PTI)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 15:29
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Countless ways this can be argued but o well...As I said, I am not well read on what they are saying so unless I know for sure, I won't argue.

All I have to say, right now...

Mandir Nahi Banay Ga

Mandir will not be built!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 15:32
They make provocative songs across the border

Modi raj mein banega mandir Islamabad mein

youtu.be/n2qTDAAo83E

Warning: Music and gair mahram woman in the video
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 16:43
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 17:36
Needless controversy being created by PTI. Just seems like a foolish P.R. stunt.

I presume it is being done to show the westerners how religiously tolerant Pakistan is. Whilst India under Modi is intolerant.

On the flip-side it is a propaganda coupe for Modi and his party. They will be claiming to their support base that the Mandir is being built because of the power and awe the Pakistani and Arabs have for Modi the Arabs have already given permission for huge one in U.A.E. and now Pakistan has followed suit. Wont surprise me if the other Gulf states follow suit and start building churches temples and synangogues to appease their western masters.

Even if the the Pakistani courts find in favour of the complainants. And prevents the funding of this Mandir. Then that will also be a victory of Modi the BJP and the Zionist media of the west. They will promote it as proof that Islam and muslims are intolerant zealots.

There is also a clear agenda amongst the Liberal political elite in Pakstan. To remove the reverance for Islam from the hearts of the populace and promoting other religions, etc. Is part of that project along with immorality and Zinah.

+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 18:09
Question 130747
I heard a fatwa from one of the shaykhs saying that it is permissible for a Muslim to leave instructions in his will that a church be built with his money after he dies and that this is not a sin. Is this correct?.

Answer
Praise be to Allaah.

We cannot imagine that any Muslim of sound mind who has knowledge of sharee’ah could issue a fatwa like this. There may have been a mistake in reporting it from him or in understanding what he said and so on.

But we will answer on the basis of what is mentioned in the question.

There is no difference of opinion among the Muslims that leaving a will to help people of sin is not permissible, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:2]

We do not need to prove that houses of worship in which people other than Muslims worship are houses of sin because others are associated with Allah in them and His Prophets are reviled and disbelieved, and the Qur'aan is reviled and mocked; Tawheed is opposed and shirk is supported and promoted; conspiracies are drawn up there against the believers in the Oneness of Allah. Haraam festivals are also held there, and alcohol is drunk, and immoral actions are sometimes committed. These matters are well known.

Based on that, it is not at all permissible for a Muslim to leave a will stating that a church or any other non-Muslim place of worship should be built with his money.

There is no difference of opinion concerning this ruling among the scholars. Hence we will quote just one opinion from each of the madhhabs of the well-known imams (Hanafi, Maaliki, Shaafa’i, Hanbali and Zaahiri):

1.Hanafi madhhab

Al-Kasaani said in Badaa’i’ al-Sanaa’i’, 8/341:

If a Muslim leaves a will to a synagogue or church, it is invalid, because it is a sin. End quote.

2.Maaliki madhhab

It says in al-Mudawwanah (4/150):

Ibn al-Qaasim was asked: Do you think it is permissible for a man to hire himself out to build a church, according to Maalik’s opinion?

He said: It is not permissible for him to do that, because Maalik said: No man should hire himself out to do something that Allah has forbidden.

Maalik said: He should not rent out or sell his house to someone who will use it as a church, and he should not rent out his mount to someone who will ride it to the church. End quote.

3.Shaafa’i madhhab

Imam al-Shaafa’i said in al-Umm (4/225):

If a Christian bequeaths more than one third of it and his heirs come to us, we will annul whatever exceeds one third if the heirs wish, just as we will annul it if the heirs of a Muslim wish.

If he bequeaths one third of his wealth or part of it to build a church for the Christians to pray in or to rent it out be used as a church or for a church to be built in it or for land to be bought with it to be a charitable trust for the church and to support the church, and so on, then the bequest is invalid. End quote.

4.Hanbali madhhab

It says in al-Mughni, 6/122:

A bequest to commit sin or do something haraam is not valid, whether the one who leaves the bequest is a Muslim or a dhimmi. If he leaves a bequest for a church or Zoroastrian temple to be built or renovated or to spend on such places, it is invalid. This was the view of al-Shaafa’i. End quote.

5.The zaahiri (literalist) madhhab

Ibn Hazm said in al-Muhalla (8/37):

it is not permissible to leave a bequest for sinful purposes -whether that is done by a Muslim or by a kaafir - such as one who leaves a bequest to build a church and the like, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:2]

“And so judge (you O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) among them by what Allaah has revealed”

[al-Maa’idah 5:49]

Whoever lets them carry out these instructions which are contrary to the ruling of Islam when he is able to prevent them, then he is helping them in sin and transgression.

End quote.

These are the texts of the imams and some of them state the ruling quite clearly, which is that it is not allowed for the Christian to leave a bequest to a church -- even though he is a Christian -- so how about the ruling concerning a Muslim leaving a bequest to a church?

Some of the scholars narrated that there was consensus on this point.

Taqiy al-Deen al-Subki al-Shaafa’i (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Building a church is haraam according to consensus and the same applies to renovating it. This is what the fuqaha’ said: If a bequest is made to build a church, that bequest is invalid, because building a church is a sin, as is renovating it. It makes no difference whether the one leaving the bequest is a Muslim or a kaafir. End quote.

Fataawa al-Subki, 2/396

Rather the matter is more serious than being a sin; building a place of worship for non-Muslims -- whether this is a church or anything else – implies love of kufr and spreading it, and fighting Tawheed, and encouraging disbelief in the Lord of the Worlds, and this may lead the one who does that to kufr.

Imam Abu’l-Hasan al-Ash’ari (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Approving of kufr is kufr, and building a church in which Allah is disbelieved is kufr, because it is approving of kufr. End quote.

Al-Furooq by al-Quraafi, 4/124

After that, how can it be said that it is permissible for a Muslim to bequeath any of his wealth to build a church and that this is not a sin? “Glory be to You (O Allaah)! This is a great lie” [al-Noor 24:16].

We ask Allah, may He be exalted, to make Islam and the Muslims prevail and to bring the Muslims back to their religion.

And Allah knows best.

islamqa.info/en/answers/130747/ruling-on-a-muslim-bequeat...
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 18:14
A Muslim is collecting donations for the church – will he fasting be accepted?

Question
A Muslim friend of mine is in an international club in school. his teacher asked everyone in the club if they want to raise moeny for the church. And this friend volunteered to do it, and he's doing it in Ramadhan. Would his fasting be accepted??.
Answer
Praise be to Allaah.
The church is a building in which the Christians practice their rituals, which include kufr, belief in trinity and worshipping someone other than Allaah.

Based on this, building churches or collecting donations to build them, renovate them and support them, is an serious evil action, because it involves helping to spread kufr and approving of it.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

Whoever believes that churches are houses of God, or that He is worshipped in them, or that what the Jews and Christians do is worship of Allaah and obedience to Him and His Messenger, or that He likes that or is pleased with it, is a kaafir, because his beliefs imply that their religion is valid, and that is kufr. If he helps them to open churches and establish their religion, and believes that this is an act of worship or obedience, then he is a kaafir, because this belief implies that their religion is valid.

Elsewhere he said:

Whoever believes that visiting the churches of the ahl al-dhimmah is a way to draw closer to Allaah is an apostate. If he is unaware that this is haraam, he must be told, and if he persists in that he becomes an apostate, because he has implicitly denied the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:19]

End quote from Mataalib Ooli al-Nuha, 6/281.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (14/482):

It is not permissible for a Muslim who believes in Allaah and the Last Day to build a church or a place of worship that is not based on Islam with which Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because that is one of the greatest means of helping in kufr and making its symbols manifest, and Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression”

[al-Maa'idah 5:2]

You have to remind him of Allaah and advise him to repent to Allaah, and to give up the work he is doing lest he fall into kufr and apostasy, and his good deeds come to nothing without him realizing.

Based on this, there is the fear that something worse will happen to your friend than his fasting not being accepted, namely kufr. We ask Allaah to guide him and to help him to do all that is good.

And Allaah knows best.

islamqa.info/en/answers/50173/a-muslim-is-collecting-dona...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 18:16

He cannot find any work except renovating churches

Question
I am a civil engineer who has recently graduated. I have tried hard to look for work but I could not find anything, until I found a job three months ago in the office of one of my Christian professors. The project in hand involves doing research in order to restore ancient churches.
My God! What should I do? For the first opportunity in my life, should I stay home or go to work? I worked with him for three months then I left after I got fed up with him and the work. I continued to try hard to look for work and I found another job, but they let me go after three months without giving any real reason. Please tell me whether I made a mistake by leaving the first job after Allaah had blessed me with it, or was it a test for me from Allaah?.
Answer
Praise be to Allaah.
You should praise Allaah for saving you from this calamity at a time of respite (i.e., in this world when you still have an opportunity to repent), because this work of renovating churches is one of the worst types of work, because it is helping in one of the greatest evils, namely disbelief in Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The Standing Committee was asked about the Muslim who works in construction: is it permissible for him to build a church? He replied:

It is not permissible for a Muslim who believes in Allaah and the Last Day to build a church or any place of worship that is not based on Islam with which Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because that is one of the most serious forms of helping kufr and manifesting its symbols. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression”

[al-Maa'idah 5:2]

And Allaah is the Source of help.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 14/482.

The Committee also issued a fatwa stating that it is haraam to work as a guard or watchman for a church, because that is helping in sin.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah.

So praise Allaah and ask Him for a good and halaal provision. Remember that whoever gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better than that.

“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine”
[al-Talaaq 65:2-3 – interpretation of the meaning]

Try to look for permissible work, and ask Allaah to give you strength, and do not give up.

Do not forget that no soul dies until it has had its full provision, sooner or later.

We ask Allaah to bestow His favour and generosity upon you and to make you independent of means by His bounty.

And Allaah knows best.

islamqa.info/en/answers/36524/he-cannot-find-any-work-exc...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 18:22
Salaam.

I have always been under the impression that in a muslim state non Muslims are allowed to use places of worship that are already present, but they are not allowed to repair them or build more? Is that correct? Many years ago I got hold of an English translation of Al-Hidaya. I might have read it in there.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 20:59
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I had a feeling in my bones that DU Deoband wasn't correct but couldn't place it...

Loading tweet

Loading tweet

Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) wrote:

In an Islamic state, Non-Muslims have the right to maintain their places of worship as per their needs (according to their population). In a country like Pakistan which was established (out of peace) Non-Muslims can even establish new places of worship as per their needs.

However, it is not permissible for the Government (of Pakistan) to establish a temple from its resources particularly at a place where the Hindu population is minimal. Thus, at a place like Islamabad, Government should not establish a temple from its own expenses. We don't know why these scandals are created at sensitive times which result in nothing but furthering division and chaos.

+2 -0Like x 2Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2020 06:17
I'll read it later. The topic has given me a feeling of yukkk.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2020 07:11
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I knew about this tweet. If you read the stance of DU Deoband and Jamia Ashrafiya, they categorically state it's not permissible in an Islamic state for non Muslims to build new places of worship.

May be Mufti Taqi Usmani does not consider Pakistan an Islamic state?? And that's why he started off with the ruling of Islamic state and then said in a country like Pakistan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2020 09:29
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I think the ruling differs depending how the Islamic state was established, i.e through war or peace.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2020 09:43
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

No, the distinction is between lands acquired by Jihad vs peaceful means.

Pakistan (as it stands today) wasn't acquired by Jihad although going back into history it was.

This is the bit which other Fatawa missed.

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Exactly
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2020 09:56
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

So any state which is not acquired by jihad cannot be considered an Islamic state?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd July 2020 10:06
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

The issue isn't "Islamic state" but how it was acquired and became an "Islamic state", simply put:

1. A country which becomes an "Islamic state" due to a peace treaty e.g. Pakistan
  2. A country which becomes an "Islamic state" due to being captured in Jihad e.g. Afghanistan

The two are separate and distinct which the Fatawa you are posting skip to discuss.
+2 -0