Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Hindu Temple in Islamabad by Imran Khan (PTI)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 11:10
Pakistani Constitution and its budget has provisions for "repair" of religious buildings (other then Islam) but this is the first time PTI Government has planned to invest Pakistani Taxpayer money to build a Hindu temple in the capital of Pakistan.

1. This is dead wrong according to Islam
  2. This is dead wrong according to Constitution of Pakistan
  3. (Muslim) Taxpayers in Pakistan should NOT fund a temple in their Capital
  4. This is an insult to the "Riyasat-e-Madina" (state of Madina) which Imran Khan wants for Pakistan

Hindus and other "Non-Muslim" citizens of Pakistan are free to privately fund the needs of their religion.

This has been challenged in Islamabad High Court.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 11:19
At the same time they have demolished a Masjid in Islamabad.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 11:49
Looking at it from outside the box. There are masjids, temples, synagogues, churches in nearly all countries. Why should Pakistan be any different. If uk did what we want Pakistan to do we would not have any masjids in the uk. Integration helps communities accept each other on a better level. When religions are outcasted from communities, tensions rise and discrimination surfaces.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 11:59
Moonlight wrote:
View original post

Your argument is partial.

The issue here isn't the right of Hindus to worship as they see fit or build a temple but the issue is Muslims of Pakistan funding the building of a temple when it is diametrically opposed to their belief.

We have not gone to the British Government to build our Mosques, we go to the British Government to seek permission to build our Mosques, if they fund a Mosque that's their business.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Religion according to Allah is Islam and everything else is not acceptable to us.

Non-Muslims are free to practise their religion in an Islamic country and fund/repair their religious Institutions but money from "Muslims" cannot be used for this purpose.

In fact, Islamic Government will DEFEND, PROTECT and ENSURE rights of Non-Muslims but not build temples for them. A Muslim who damages their places of worship will be punished.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Notice the order in the verse above:

1. Monasteries
  2. Churches
  3. Synagogues
  4. Then Mosques

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 12:23
Moonlight wrote:
View original post

I don't agree with the kind of integration you are advocating sister. Yes there are temples, churches etc in Pakistan and they also have the right to maintain their places of worship and are even free to build new places of worship if need arises but why should I allow the government to use my tax money for building their temples where they will worship idols and other gods besides Allah?
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 12:37
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Muslims do not go to British or American or Canadian or Australian Governments to fund their Mosques at all, Mosques are funded by Muslims by raising money themselves, privately. Our Schools, Madarasahs and Maktabs are also not funded by Governments.

We apply for permission to build or extend Mosques and many times (like in the case of London Tableeghi Markaz), the permission is denied.

If a Government is funding a Mosque on their own, that's their business.

British Government (and others) are responsible for safety and security of Mosques (and other) religious places of worship as will be an Islamic country and an Islamic Government and has been for over 1400+ years.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 12:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Have you read the fatwa from Jamia Ashrafiya? They have stated that in an Islamic state it is not permissible to allow non Muslims to build new places of worship because cooperation in sin is also not permissible.
7706-Eb5ihKUXkAAnJOQ.jpeg
Downloads: 48
    [51.38 kB]
7706-Eb5ig62XgAAWtX6.jpeg
Downloads: 34
    [41.16 kB]
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 12:58
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I’m not advocating anything. For example if ppl are driven underground and restricted in any form of expression they go underground and become more dangerous. As the saying goes keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. I am in no position to advocate for anyone.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yes I agree governments shouldn’t be funding it and neither should be expected to. I wasn’t expressing the religious side of the actions merely thinking of the social consequences. For example in this country the racist parties did not exist. Now they exist and are free to express themselves they make a mockery of themselves and ppl see them for who they truly are, but no governments should not be financially responsible for such things.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 13:27
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 13:56
If the kuffar act a certain way towards the Muslims based on their beliefs, we are not bound to reciprocate in a similar fashion towards them. We will always be bound to what Allah tells us to do.

This is an absolute disgrace. As a taxpayer, I vehemently object to this.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 14:02
Moonlight wrote:
View original post

I understand but this isn't about restriction of freedom of expression because Hindus and other Non-Muslims are free to worship their religion and have state protection.

1. British Government does not pay for Mosques and Islamic Schools for Muslims, it pays for Church of England but Muslims are free to worship and establish their places of worship.
  2. Pakistan Government does not pay for Temples and Hindu Schools for Hindus or even Mosques, there is no Mosque in Islamabad paid by Pakistani Taxpayer at all but Muslims are free to worship and establish their places of worship. Pakistani Government has funds to repair Mosques, Churches and Temples.

Both British and Pakistani Governments pay for and ensure Security of all places of worship.

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

1000 years of Islamic rule in India by Muslims and Ottoman Empire disagree with this Fatwa but they have the right to have their opinion and I agree with their opinion (in principle) but I have not done research as to why the Mughals and Ottomans gave permission and even repaired places of worship of other religions.

I might be wrong but right now, I am unsure.

No way Pakistani Government should pay for it, Capital of Pakistan has no Government built Mosque so why should it have a Government funded temple?

If Government of Pakistan pays for a Mosque then it is within its Islamic Constitution but temple, no way!

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Our objection to this is from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah but...

100% agree. This should be challenged in Supreme court and Muslims of Pakistan should take Imran Khan to court on taxpayer behalf.

DISGRACEFUL!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 14:13
Islamabad is home to an estimated 3,000 Hindus according to Al Jazeera. Is there a need for such a big mandir in the federal capital.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 14:20
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 14:24
Islamabad is probably the only Capital in the Islamic World which doesn't have a Government built Mosque.
+0 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd July 2020 14:55
7706-Screenshot_20200702-185247.png
Downloads: 32
    [139.75 kB]
+2 -0