You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed, Rjamal
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2020 21:42
There is a trend i observe unfortunately,(im not saying brother Muadh is like this) just by visiting few cities in Turkey or reading few things about here and there, people believe they can have a right to generalize whole Turkey. This is very wrong. I can tell you personally about districts within Istanbul which are very far from Deen despite being Istanbul. Even the most 'Deenidar' districts in Istanbul have changed alot in so many years. I personally try to be careful myself as observations and experiences are different for everyone. But what frustrates me is, one comment or statement generalized for Turkey.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2020 21:54
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I realized i had missed about Hanafi Madhab and Tasawwuf point. Now this is a big statement brother. I caution you personally not make such big statement. In Turkey majority adheres to Hanafi Madhab but there is also significant amount of people who are Shafi's as well. Eastern Anatolia and South East Anatolia are predominantly Shafi forexample. Tasawwuf is different topic and it changes for everyone.

Rather it is much safe to say, there is general inclination for Deen in Turks, coming from their parents.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2020 22:17
You can be our abla on Turkish issues sis : )
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2020 22:20
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Very cute :) Inshaallah.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 02:14
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

Alhumdulillah, very interesting posts.

A warm welcome to the forum. AsSalaamuAlaykum.

Please do start a new thread if you wish or continue here on the second point. You can also do a search for "Turkey" and find an older thread that may be suitable to continue on, the choice is yours.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 06:36
All we are saying that it's not just about Turkey, in almost every Muslim country, the Muslim Ummah is in such a pathetic state and being ruled by absolute morons, that for a country to have a decision taken in favor of the Muslim Ummah, even if it's just a very superficial move, and that also at the governmental level, is something we welcome. We'll take whatever bits and crumbs we get right now in this state of ours. More will come inshaAllah, most likely not in our lifetime, but it will. It has been predicted by our beloved (saw) so there can be no doubt. Allah will make it up to us in Jannah for missing out on the glory of Muslim dominance in this world.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 09:13
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Abu Hurayrah radiallahu 'anhu reported Allah's Messenger sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam as saying, "Angels do not enter a house (or any other place) where there are statues (tamathil) or pictures (tasawir)." [Muslim 3/1162, no. 5276]

Will the angels enter the house of Allah with pictures in it?

Muslim (969) narrated that Abu’l-Hayaaj al-Asadi said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to me: “Shall I not send you with the same instructions as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? ‘Do not leave any image without defacing it or any built-up grave without leveling it.’”
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 09:43
I don't think the angels will be able to tell they are there if laser lights are concealing the pictures.
+1 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 10:31
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

Balkans is already like this in the younger generation and it is plain and clear to see. It is the direct result of demise of Ottoman Empire and loosening of the contact with Ulama.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 11:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother Muadh Khan, im assuming you know Balkans well. However I honestly dont know so much. We are speaking about Turkey also, due to my lack of knowledge on Balkans, its better to stick to discussion on Turkey.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 11:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazakallahu Khayran brother admin.

Its better for me to search a different thread as this topic is an lengthy discussion different from Hagia Sofia.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 12:30
Just read this Q&A

Praying In Hagia Sophia With Imagery Covered With Light and Veils But Only Temporarily At Times Of Prayer

As-salāmu ʿalaykum Shaykh — my question is:

Since Hagia Sophia in Turkey has been ruled to convert back in to a 'Mosque' and as there is news that they intend to cover up the Christian imagery of Mary (a.s), Jesus (a.s) and angels on top of the pillars of the building with Light and "temporary" veils for the times of prayer - how valid is this legally? Can we pray inside such a building where such imagery can and will be uncovered after prayers? Will angels enter it?

Thank you.

Answer:

بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا محمد

Prayers are valid even in a place where there are images and statues, though it is disliked to do so. If they are not removed, one should cover them, in which case the dislike ceases.

The angels of mercy do not enter places where there are images and statues (or dogs), though the angels of protection and the recording angels do. If the images are covered, the angels of mercy enter while they are covered. As for the images or statues being 'covered' by light or holograms, what seems apparent is that it does prevent the angels of mercy from entering, as it is not really covering them, just blinding our vision from them. Angels (who are made from light!) are most likely to see them even if we can't. And Allah knows best.

Shaykh Jamir Dean Meah
+3 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 13:17
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 14:58
I posted my answer to the second question to 'Recent News in Turkey'. Those who like to check they may do so.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 16:19
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

As even confirmed by another government backed newspaper, " The Presidency of Religious Affairs announced that the mosaic paintings would either be veiled or the lights around the mosaics would be dimmed during prayer times." Can honestly one tell me difference? is it different from its museum days?
+0 -0Agree x 2

Jump to page: