Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Ertugral, Dramas, Islam through TV

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 18:25
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 18:39
Quote:
Has Erturgal been a positive impact on the Ummah?

I've never watched it and never will insha-Allah. I've seen it on in some houses and it looks no different to Bollywood dramas where every time I walked past, someone on the screen was crying. The answer for me is "No it hasn't had any positive impact on the Ummah" - The addicts are no different to how they were before they started watching.

If anyone believes it has had an impact then I'd like to know how?

PS. This could be an informative thread but being a forum it can turn ugly very quickly. Members will be blocked from the thread.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 18:40
I liked the example he gave of a drug addict first being brought down to a mere cigarette before he can kick the habit completely but I always wonder in such situations about how the Sahaba رضي الله عنه would have dealt with the Muslims of today under such conditions.

One thing that stood out in this bayan is that how media can be useful in inculcating the spirit of Jihad back into the Muslims especially our younger generation. I can agree with this because I believe it was the media itself that has turned the Muslim youngsters(especially male) into such limp-wristed cowards. The youngsters these days grow up watching superhero movies shown by the kuffar which tend to portray the superheroes as such "noble" characters that they would not even kill anyone who is spreading mischief in the land or is a mass murderer himself. No, the superhero would rather let the "justice system" handle him. Can't help but think this is all by design especially since the kuffar have always feared the spirit of Jihad that comes naturally to us. Not to mention the fact that the countries which make these movies are themselves not really adhering to their own ideology and indulging in senseless wars in Muslim countries where their soldiers murder innocent civilians for fun.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:28
I've seen addicts of this drama and I agree with the comment above that it is just like other serials, rather more addictive since so many people watch it day and night without even caring about their prayers.

At the same time it did have a positive impact on the mindset and ideologies of people with regards to jihad. I think the youth have become exposed to the Islamic history for the first time as they are not used to reading books.

On a lighter side I read somewhere that the Pakistani people have become affected by this drama so much so that they think the actors are the same in their real life and it was so heart breaking for them to see some posts of Haleeme on her social media accounts that most of them were commenting "astaghfirullah Haleema Baji"!

Since I'm a follower of Hakeem Akhtar Sahab RA, my personal view is that anything that is intrinsically haram cannot bring about any good.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:31
The government won't need to worry about rising price of petrol. Viewers have been inspired to ride donkeys and horses.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:48
Yasin wrote:
View original post

I have seen bits of it and clips etc. I have read plenty of first hand stories where it has had a positive impact on people's lives. The argument which Mufti Tariq Masood (HA) is making also makes sense.

He is saying that for those who are addictive to "Bollywood" it is a lot better and a positive impact and I tend to agree with that.

If TV can have a "negative impact" it can also have a "positive impact" which I also agree with it and have always held...Ertugral is for entertainment (purely) so it has to have Bollywood stuff in it

But I do believe that we need good quality Docu-Dramas for Muslims
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:53
Positive impact many non muslims watched this series & have embraced Islam.
People have been inspired & taken up sunnah sports of horse riding & archery after watching this series.
+4 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:53
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:54
as a confessed ertugrul fan, the show itself isnt going to see muslims rise up or anything but its better to watch that if your already watching bollywood and hollywood filth which is constantly promoting western lifestyle, modernity, liberalism etc. ideally taqwa dictates no tv and photos but as we know majority ummah do watch tv i think its a better alternative. also for those muslims who are in despiar of the state of the ummah ertugrul does offer some hope in the sense that it shows as long as you follow Allah and his rasool and stick to islam Allah will grant you victory even if your facing the superpowers of the times and have multiple munafiqeen among you who will stab you in the back.

so should you watch it? if you dont watch tv or anything then no it has nothing much to offer as your imaan and frame of mind is probably high but if your someone who binges on kufr nonsense then yes its a better alternative
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 19:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

As logical arguments on its own that's all fine.

But if there's anyone who has watched it, returned to Islam or started practicing without going back to Holly/Bollywood then I consider it a positive impact otherwise it's no different to listening to songs with a "good message"
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 20:03
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Yes and absolutely.

It has had a seismic impact on Pakistan entertainment industry, it has wrecked and destroyed typical and normal drama (love, divorce etc), literally Earthquake has gone through Pakistan because of one Drama.

This drama has had a major impact on "Desi" families living in the west as well.
+2 -0Agree x 2
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 20:51
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

If historic dramas based on Muslim history (note I'm not calling it Islamic) even as entertainment has put a lid on garbage family affairs based dramas where daughter in laws are evil and sons become evil after marriage etc. then I'd say that's positive.
+1 -0Agree x 2Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 25th June 2020 20:55
A friend of mine has been urging me to watch this for a year. Had never heard of it before that.

Apparently the show is hugely popular in Latin America some people have embraced Islam in those countries because of it.

Venezuaelan president is a big fan. The leaders of other countries are placing bans on it , Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia and India are terrified of it.

Nearly 30 years ago, the Movie about Malcolm X was released. And the movie led many people to Islam.

So if this can have the same impact then its good.
+3 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 00:10
I have never watched the show. I see posts about it on my newsfeed.

Islam and "lack of Islam" can both spread via the media/TV/Dramas, even if the medium isn't fully halal, Islam can still spread through it and it can still have a positive impact. Generally speaking ( not commenting about this show) the positive impact wouldn't justify the haram means.

Ideally a standard should be set as to what is allowed when making such shows/animations, and then those programmes will be of great benefit to everyone, especially children.

Quote:
anything that is intrinsically haram cannot bring about any good.

Is the above definitely true or proven from Quran/sunnah?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 02:39
From Fazail e Amal:

"Allah Taala takes the work of Deen even from those who have no share in Islam."

From Hayatus Sahaba:

"An idol spoke to a person and told him to proceed to Madinah to receive guidance from the Messenger (saw)."

There's no denying that some good can come from this show as Mufti Tariq Masood DB says. When the ummah fulfills its duty of sacrifice for dawah, Allah Taala will cause guidance to spring forth from the founts of misguidance.
+1 -0

Jump to page: