Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Ertugral, Dramas, Islam through TV

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
UK
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 17:11
Thread almost got through 24 hours of on-topic peace.

Please do not discuss rulings of photography/digital or otherwise as there's a clear difference of opinion all on valid reasonings. I'm against it to an an extent but I will not say others are wrong.

This is about the impact the TV show has had. While Muadh showed some positive, at an Islamic or Da'wah level I still think it's not categorically good. The positives obviously cannot be ignored either.

Another member mentioning how it brought someone to practice, isn't there just as much chance someone who is already practicing and not watching the devil box to see this as acceptable and then bit by bit go in the other direction?

In my view anyone reconnecting with Islam through non-Islam is just following desires and using this "good" as an excuse because they have some decency and can't admit it outright.

Allah can guide through anything. Through drugs and alcohol people have found Islam. No one who found Islam through this will call these actions good or enlightening and then encourage others that it'll make them better Muslims like it did for him.

The truth is, the show exists, as does hollywood and otherwood shows, there's big money in it. I think it's very disrespectful to put the show in the Da'wah category.

Why not use this energy about Halaal and Haram to maybe find or create an alternative?
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 17:44
Yasin wrote:
View original post

There are 2 things to be considered here: Permissibility and Impact.

Permissibility:
I agree with the Scholars which deem it to be impermissible due to various factors. Deeming it Halal would be like making Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's Gazal's permissible in order to inculcate the love of Prophet (saw).

Impact: (The topic this thread is based on)
IMO, It has had a positive impact on the majority of Muslims since most of them are viewers of TV (as high as more than 90% in Turkey) and has changed the outlook of many (Muslims & Non-Muslims) towards Islam.

Saying it might result in a practicing person dwelling into the world of TV isn't correct. There is good and bad everywhere and everyone is accountable for himself. (The whole internet would fall into the same category)
Anyways, It's still impermissible and the positive impact cannot justify falling into sin.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 17:53
A bit like khamr and maysir, both have benefits in them still they are prohibited by Allah ta'ala.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 18:48
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I will admit when I first heard about the drama I couldn't see why anyone would say anything other than the fact that it cannot be permissible (which they say unequivocally), but when I heard the opinion of a number of ulama, both in India and in Pakistan, I had to listen closely and try to see their point of view. Now, I understand why they've taken that stand.

These ulama feel that the impact it has had is positive.

I agree with brothers Muadh, Seeker, and Fod who also say that the effect has been positive on many who have watched it.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 19:24
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah.

Would it have the same effect if the main star was replaced with Salman Khan? (same dubbing, same theme, everything the same except that it's not the Turkish actor) (I heard its dubbed in Urdu and probably many other languages) would the Ulama hold the same views.

Apologies, I'm only trying to understand something for my benefit and then make a decision on if I would want to or I will watch the drama on YouTube too.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 20:56
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Our Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has told us that the cure to ignorance is to ask.

Loading Hadeeth

Loading Hadeeth

And there is nothing wrong in Islam with disagreeing when within the framework of Qur'aan and Sunnah, that's, all we need to learn.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 22:27
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 01:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

This is a hypothetical situation. The ulama are talking about something that has already happened. Like I said, the first reaction I had was why would anyone have to ask about watching a drama on TV?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 01:38
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

My question remains unanswered!

(and I think Salman Khan is a bad example, I thought he was a Muslim, i just found out otherwise)

Khair, still waiting for an answer!
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 02:27
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You're asking me to answer a hypothetical situation. How do I answer if I don't know what the impact would have been if some other actor were to play the lead?

If The Message were released today, it might ignite a whole new debate.

Ulama of Saudi Arabia had deemed TV images to be permissible when Indo Pak scholars ruled them impermissible. Decades later when the harms of TV became apparent, some Saudi scholars lamented privately that Indo Pak scholars were more foresighted.

Now that digital images have been declared permissible by many even in Indo Pak, be prepared for more controversy and difficult questions in the coming days.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 05:49
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

If one were to remain unbiased, the impact of the same drama with Salman Khan in it cannot be predicted. If the impact were same as it is with the current version, you'd have found ulema to be expressing pretty much the same thoughts as now. If the impact were negative, the ulema would denounce it quicker than we can say haraam. The ulema are merely reacting to the impact of the drama and not giving a general fatwa of its permissibility.

What you are focusing on and asking for is the fatwa of permissibility of the medium. That fatwa remains unchanged whether it's Salman Khan playing the role, or Brad Pitt or Shaan.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 13:20
Quote:
If the impact were same as it is with the current version, you'd have found ulema to be expressing pretty much the same thoughts as now.

This is where I disagree.

They are only talking about its impact because the current version and its stars are alien to the masses. The story line, the historical facts, the actors, the concept, everything is alien to the masses.

Remove the alien element and its not the same!

If the exact same thing was produced with Brad Pitt, Shaan or anyone else, then it would've simply been a B/Hollywood themed movie or series.

There would've been zero comments about its positive effects. The Ulama would be very cautious about even joking on the topic. They would tell the masses to stay away from it. Ultimately, it is a tool to lure the audience and bring them back to other movies.

That's just how I feel about it.

Yes there may have been plenty of benefits from the current version, but only because it's alien.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 14:38
An uneducated person will share the opening scene, that will cause unwary Muslims to get hooked on to it.

Allah Ta’ala is not bound by anything and it is only His prerogative to use any method to Guide or Misguide.

The Apparent harms:
-Music which causes Nifaaq
-Gorgeous Turkish Women which cause men to hate their wives at home more (A person I know who watches the show was praising it and this person also has constant fights with his spouse and complains about attraction etc. I asked him if the girls are pretty on the show. He replied Yes!. I replied to said person that if you fill your database with such women then that will obviously create hate in heart for your wife at home. Moulana Hakeem Akhtar Saab رحمه الله تعلي has many books and lectures on this subject.)
-Causing pain to and Loss of company of Angels (according to some the Angels will be present because it’s not a picture, even thou when it comes to other things we go by “Urf” and that the fatwa should be given on the understanding of the common man #letmetakeyourreflection)

SubhanAllah! The foresight of our Ulama e Haqq (regardless of if they be one man, May Allah Ta’ala prolong their shadows over us).
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 14:51
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 14:52
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

I feel this Pandemic caused a lot of Ulama to be more upfront.

I seen numerous Ulama here doing More Islaah of people. SubhanAllah the amount of Ibaadat Mufti Taqi Saab must have increased. They are like machines Ma Sha Allah and mountains of steadfastness. May Allah Ta’ala prolong their shadows over us.

Jump to page: