Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Ertugral, Dramas, Islam through TV

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 12:23
A GOLDEN PRINCIPLE NEVER EVER TO BE FORGOTTEN ON HOW TO PROPAGATE DEEN

Hazrat Mufti Taqi Saheb ( دامت بركاتهم), after penning the following incident, writes:

“These last advices of Hadhrat Binnori ( رحمة الله عليه) should be inscribed on the heart of every person involved in propagating and spreading Deen.”

A few days before his demise, Moulana Binnori (رحمة الله عليه) attended a meeting of the Islamic Advisory Council in Islamabad. On the second day of the meeting, some people approached Moulana, requesting him to deliver a bayaan (lecture) which would be broadcasted on television. Moulana politely excused himself and did not accede to their request. This then led to the question of whether television, videos, etc should be used for the sake of spreading and propagating Deen, if it is kept free from immodesty, shamelessness and other such elements which negatively affect peoples character. Although not on the agenda of the meeting, the topic was unofficially being discussed.
The crux of what Moulana Binnori ( رحمة الله عليه ) said on this occasion is as follows:

I would like to mention one important usool (principle) regarding the topic under discussion. Allaah Ta’ala has not made us mukallaf (duty-bound) to use any and every means possible, in order to bring people onto Deen.Yes, we have most definitely been made mukallaf (duty-bound) to use the various permissible means and methods of propagating at our disposal. Together with commanding us to propagate and spread Deen, Islam has shown us the method and aadaab (etiquettes) of propagating Deen as well.

We are mukallaf (duty-bound) to propagate Deen, but within the confines of those methods and aadaab.If we, by adopting the permissible methods and means of propagating Deen, achieve our goals and objectives,then well and good. But, supposingly, if we adopt the permissible means and methods, and by so doing, we do not achieve our goals,then we have not been made mukallaf (responsible / duty-bound) to adopt those methods and means declared impermissible by Shari’ah, for the sake of propagating the message of Deen and winning people over to our side.

If by adopting those methods and means which Shari’ah has permitted, together with the aadaab of propagation, only one person is brought onto Deen,then our propagation efforts have been successful. On the other hand, if by adopting those methods and means which are declared impermissible by Shari’ah, even a hundred people are affected and won over, then this “success” or “achievement” holds no value in the sight of Allah Ta’ala, because that propagation which entails trampling the laws of Deen, can never be the propagation of Deen, but rather it is a propagation of something else.

Videos and films are itself against the laws of Islam, therefore we have not been made mukallaf (commanded) of using it for the propagation of Deen.
We will extend our heart and soul for those who are prepared to listen to our Da’wah through the correct and permissible means, but as for those who are only prepared to listen to our Da’wah if it is done via those means and methods which are not permissible, like videos and films,then we are ma’zoor (excused) from conveying the message to such persons in such a manner.
If we do not adopt this stance which has been explained, then today, for the sake of the people, we will be using films to propagate Deen, tomorrow women without pardah/hijaab will be used for spreading Deen, and we will try to bring people onto Deen through gatherings of music and dancing… And In this way, in the name of propagation of Deen, we will be trampling upon ad destroying the laws of Shari’ah, one by one.

(Adapted from Ulama-e-Deoband ke aakhree lamahaat pg 170/171)
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 12:25
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

ففي الصحيحين عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال: شهدنا مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم خيبر، فقال لرجل ممن يدعي الإسلام: هذا من أهل النار، فلما حضر القتال قاتل الرجل قتالاً شديداً، فأصابته جراحة، فقيل: يا رسول الله، الذي قلت إنه من أهل النار، فإنه قد قاتل اليوم قتالاً شديداً، وقد مات، فقال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: إلى النار. قال: فكاد بعض الناس أن يرتاب! فبينما هم على ذلك إذ قيل إنه لم يمت، ولكن به جراحاً شديداً، فلما كان من الليل لم يصبر على الجراح فقتل نفسه، فأخبر النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم بذلك، فقال: الله أكبر، أشهد أني عبد الله ورسوله، ثم أمر بلالاً فنادى بالناس إنه لا يدخل الجنة إلا نفس مسلمة، وإن الله ليؤيد هذا الدين بالرجل الفاجر.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 12:26
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I am in no way condoning watching it brother abu mohammed nor am I disregarding a fatwa. Subhaanallah, how can I argue with the obvious! My girls know where i stand on TV/movies, brithdays, hijab, etc. If it leads to more awareness and practice then this is definitely the lesser of the two sins....like listening to nasheeds with some background music and trying to give up listening to filthy pop songs.

Let me give an example...I know a sister who grew up in Pakistan, praying five times daily, then got married and moved to the UK. Newly married, husband laughs at her for praying which made her give it up. Marriage ended in divorce anyway but she continues with her lifestyle...years later starts watching some Islamic TV channel and through it gets hidaayah to start praying.

What I'm saying is not everyone is the same level. We can be tolerant and try to guide a person or say haraam, haraam, haraam and put them off...especially as a teacher of teenagers coming from little or no Islam in homes
Rank Image
London
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 12:59
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

I understand what you mean.

My question is, where do we draw the line?

Today you agree or sympathise with your students on watching these dramas and so called Islamic songs.

Tomorrow there will be a nasheed on Tala Al Badru Alayna with some moron depicting the characters of the the Sahaba and the Prophet.

Tomorrow there will be a movie based on authentic history and another moron will be depicting the characters again.

I think, the line should be drawn and made very clear of the dangers people can get into and then tell them its their choice, rather than saying "it's better of the two evils"
Rank Image
London
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 13:02
It can be a form of Great Dawah?

Then what will the Ulama say about a movie on the Prophet (saw). A seerah based only on ALL the authentic narrations from the birth till the demise.

Mufti Saab, Can you imagine how many millions could become Muslim? You wouldn't be praising it then would you.

Draw the line, make it very clear of the sins and implications and never ever promote it.

This would be blasphemy!
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 13:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I'll have to disagree with you on this. While I agree and fully appreciate what you mean about the issue as a whole. There really should be no ifs and buts. A haram is a haram and a halal is a halal. That's pretty black and white. Which is why I was wondering how Sahaba رضي الله عنه handle such an issue if they were amongst us "Muslims" right now.

However, the part about this not being something people can't live without, it's a bit more complicated than that. You were blessed by Allah that you were taken out of that life of ignorance, or perhaps never even got to experience it in the first place, but not everyone is that blessed. There are people who really are so far into their ignorance that things that shouldn't have been a necessity of life, have infact become one. Or almost one. It is for these people that Mufti Tariq Masood is adopting this stance. You can hear it in the bayan yourself that he himself tries on a number of occasions to clarify that as far as he is concerned this is haraam and cannot be condoned in any way.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 13:48
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

I am not one of those blessed ones to have been taken out of the ignorance at all.

I stay away as much as possible, but there are times when it is not possible due to many factors.

I know about these topics as much as anyone else. Otherwise, I'd be ignorant to comment.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 14:17
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I'm sorry but I don't think you're able to appreciate what it's doing for the Muslims of Indo Pak. We've not seen something have this powerful an effect on ordinary Muslim youth here. It's astounding. We can do one of two things: we can say Haram Haram, or we can use this as an opportunity to acquaint our youth with their glorious past and the values that brought them that glory.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 14:43
Maripat wrote:
View original post

That would akin to Shias namnig their children as Muawiyah ;)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 14:55
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The line is drawn when they are told what is haraam...because they are told and they know your stance on these issues, some of them start with "I know i should not be doing this but..."

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 14:55
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

But Mufti Taqi Uthmani himself gives bayans on video and on "TV".
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 15:13
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Whereas the people I know consider it halal and argue that your maulanas are slow and will probably declare it halal after 10-20 years.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 15:27
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

The people i know who watched it were already subscribed to Netflix and were watching all kind of filth on it. Not acknowleding that majority of Muslim households watch TV on regular basis would be foolishness.

One of my friend who'd be Netflixing most of the time started watching it around last year. It changed his outlook towards Islam and made him courious to know the hostorical things about Islam. Now, I'm talking about people who have not had an exposure of various works of Deen (Tabligh, Tasawwuf etc), the general category of Muslims. He would visit me once in a while and our conversations started taking a different direction. He started reseraching about Ottomon empire/turks etc eventually leadind him to the Prophecy of Prophet (saw) about the Contantinople. He views towards Khilafa etc and towards the Muslim community changed in a positive way. IMO, the show definately had a positive influence on Muslims around the world.

I am not talking about perimisibilty here since the show does contain haram elements, let alone people stalking the instagram profiles of these celebrities.

Someone who doesnt watch TV would surely not watch it to learn about Deen or for the purpose of Ta'luq Ma'Allah. People who are already watching Boolywood/Hollywood are the ones who tune into it. It might be like a kick start for some towards the Deen.

P.S: The same friend told me his likeness of Mufti Tariq Masood since he talks about Islam from a broader perspective. I'm glad he's altleast connected towards the right scholars.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 15:27
Concerned wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

If you are referring to the Jamhoor of the Salaf, then it would be an obligation (or close to it) to refrain from all videos and digital pictures.

If you are referring to Jamhoor of the Madhab (excluding Salaf) then it would be highly recommended or words close to it.

If you are referring to Jamhoor of the Ulama like in the case of digital pictures and Biden then we see Ulama from across Madhabs and Institutions are pretty much unanimous that digital pictures . Unless someone is willing to conclude that all of these Ulama have become misguided and guidance of Allah Ta'ala shines upon a singular Alim from Corangi (Karachi, Pakistan) and if someone holds this opinion then nothing can penetrate their skull! The issue here isn't with the Alim because in Islamic history there have always been Ulama who have held singular opinions aka strawberry is Haram (Mufti Zarwali Khan) and there is a term in Fiqh for these and you simply ignore these opinions without disrespecting the Ulama but laymen are under no obligation to make Taqleed of such opinions...

Then it comes to political reasons i.e. there have been times when an oppressor has Jailed/Imprisoned/Tortured Ulama and issued a "unanimous ruling" which contradicts the Deen e.g. in the case of Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal (RA) on one side (alone or with 2-3) and everybody else on the side so if you have the brains and understanding of what is going on why would you obey such a ruling? So the last case can happen...By extension a simple Muslim who does not know or understand what is going on and simply makes Taqleed (of the wrong Ulama) will be excused by Allah Ta'ala Insha'Allah. The important thing to note here is that Ulama did not become misguided, rather were coerced into rulings which many repented from while others Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal (RA) did not submit to tyranny!

I hope this helps brother.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 15:31
Loading Hadeeth

Jump to page: