Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Ertugral, Dramas, Islam through TV

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
UK
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 14:54
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

The harms you've mentioned are not disputed by anyone. They are known and valid and not limited to one saviour on the planet.

But why do you have start with:
Quote:
An idiot will share the opening scene, that will cause unwary Muslims to get hooked on to it.

How can you say the one sharing it is an idiot? Here are some suitable and more accurate words that will protect you from sins you can use: unwary, uneducated, ignorant, naive, clueless.

I realised you called the victims unwary but not the one who shared it? You cannot possibly know the intentions. See the difference yourself:

"An uneducated person will share the opening scene, that will cause unwary Muslims to get hooked on to it."- no harm done and educating would be possible. Call the person an idiot and the argument will be about why the person is not an idiot. That to me is idiotic.

The one sharing it might think they're doing good. Sahaaba also did things they thought were good (with good intentions) only to be corrected by the Prophet or even the Ameer after the Prohet (saw)'s time showing dislike, turning away, walking away, anger showing etc. Would you call those Sahaabah "idiots" - This language is the precise reason half the disputes take place because the actual message is ignored after.

The rest of your post was actually spot on but it was tainted with the first sentence and partially with the last.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 14:57
Yasin wrote:
View original post

The change has been made. JazakAllah Khair.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 15:10
Rajab wrote:
View original post

Depends on who you ask.

The first video after intro has female voice, eyes, animation. I got unconformable very quickly so i know what I'd answer. Even without those questionable things, the "box" has such a negative impact on kids in learning and development. All documented and you'll find it with a single search. The difference between studying and being taught is very important. Instead of looking for alternatives, try give the kids the correct education. Parental care, advice, words of wisdom, stories, rulings then find teachers for them, the right books. The TV shortcut is so easy but parents (friends) have directly told to me how they messed up their "intelligent" child by gluing them to series and Islamic cartoons. It killed their ability to learn unsupervised for more than 10 minutes as a direct impact of TV education (laptop/youtube/apps). I'm sure there's actual stats based on this. I've only mentioned first hand cases that I know of. I know the children and I've seen the difference.
+1 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 15:33
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Isn't that exactly what I meant in my post too?
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2020 17:59
Yasin wrote:
View original post

You are right to a certain extent. However, the reality is that most Muslims (particularly the younger generation) doesn't need the box in the House.

I get YouTube clips from Ulama everyday on WhatsApp who believe that TV is Haram and don't have TV in their home but they regularly send YouTube clips.

The incident Mufti Tariq Masood (HA) is describing about mobile phones is pertinent. He says that the Ulama had the option of banning mobile phones from Darul-uloom but that wouldn't have worked as technology would have crept in. YouTube is a reality of our times and even without TV our families are exposed to it.

Now, lets discuss the "Pretty girls from Ertugral" and I have no idea whether they are pretty or not but do you think by banning Erturgal we would save the Ummah from the Fitnah of pretty girls? I believe that men should be taught to deal with the issue of pretty girl because if a man is being influenced by pretty girls on YouTube he is being affected by pretty girls on the Road, in school, college, shopping etc.

"Banning the box" won't help you. The education system relies on kids having Internet access so you cannot shield the kids from the "box" as per the opinion of certain Ulama, it is not possible, see this comment by Khala...She also does not address or mention YouTube or Netflix (and looks at it from a 1980s perspective)

Khala Ummi Talib wrote:
I think its about choosing to do the "lesser" sin for those who are weak and are habituated to TV and movies

Those who are stronger and try to live with taqwa are unlikely to watch any TV at all, let alone an "Islamic" serial with music and non-mahram. As mentioned by others, if its a step towards leaving regular TV and movies then its "good"

I know about this series through girls I teach who watch it regularly and talk about it (one saying aunty i know i shouldnt be watching it astaghfirullah but...). They are affected by it in the sense that they are now aware of some parts of Islamic history and also feel a jazbah (cannot find another word to describe it) and a sense of loyalty towards Islam. This is my observation from their talking about it as I have no clue what the series is actually about.

We are past suggesting "ban the box" because it isn't the box any more. Technology will get cheaper, more prevalent and pervasive with time and I knew that and I still believe that.

I am glad that "some Ulama" have now realised it.

I saw the brother's comments about me and it didn't hurt me just made me sad that he is "venting out" in frustration which is a sign that he has lost the battle. When I read many of the Fatawa about the "box", that's what they are "venting out", they achieve nothing practical but just give the ability for these Ulama and their followers to air their frustration. You cannot solve a problem if you don't even understand it.

Ulama are satisfied by issuing "Fatwaas" and not solutions. I have had this discussion with many Ulama and Muslims alike Fatwa and Solution should be one and the same but many times they are not and the former isn't a solution.

Example:

All commercially available biscuits are Haram...I mean who in their right mind thinks that this Fatwa is being followed by even 0.000001% of Muslim Ummah?
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 11th July 2020 05:52
It's a pretty horrible show...never praying except janaza, not lowering the gaze, gross historical fiction with Ibn al-Arabi (!!!), literal tribalism masquerading as pan-Islamism and even outright election rigging 101.

You are better off watching "Yunus Emre" which has a halaqa almost every episode and lots of deep Islamic spiritual food for thought. Or "Rise of Empire: Ottoman" on Netflix to see the military battles of the conquest of Constantinople or "Payitaht Abdülhamid" to see the decline of the Ottoman Empire. Or "Kings and Generals" youtube channel to see Islamic military history.
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2020 18:01
Petty Saudees!

Imran Khan's Government was specifically asked by Saudi Government to stop airing of Ertugral in Pakistan. The Pakistani Foreign Office thought that this was a joke but they were told, "Turks are against Arabs and we are not happy with people of Pakistan watching erturgal"

Pakistan Foreign service obviously disregarded this request

Saudees demanded Pakistan to pay back $1 Billion US Dollars immediately. Pakistan disregarded that too but the saudees demanded their money again.

This is what led to Pakistan paying back Saudi money and the outburst against Saudi by the "unusually polite" Pakistani Foreign secretary.

Deobandi and Ahl-e-Hadeeth are funded by Saudi money so they are already standing up against Imran Khan for making firm statements against Saudi Arabia.

The fact is that Saudi Arabia has stood in the way of Muslim countries united and issuing even statements against Palestine and Kashmir

+5 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2020 18:07
Pakistan and Turkey should invade Saudia and rid the ummah of this "royal family" once and for all.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2020 20:13
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Was Ertugrul the main issue? Or the bone of contention was Kashmir and the silence of OIC?
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2020 21:40
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

The main issue is of course Kashmir and OIC but I just wanted to highlight the pettiness of Saudi Government. They really did ask for $1 Billion back from Pakistan over Ertugral and not Kashmir.

They simply haven't done anything about Palestine or Kashmir ever
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2020 23:46
Just got to know that Shahid Khan Afridi watched all the seasons of this drama in just 40 days. Can you believe because I can't!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2020 05:16
Well he did make a century in 37 balls as well, so...
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2020 06:39
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

"Default setting is seek and destroy" -- Muadh Khan.

PS: I'm just trying to be funny, no harm intended.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2020 08:51
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I know. It was meant to be a play at Muadh Khan's words. :P
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image