Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Ertugral, Dramas, Islam through TV

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 02:52
The real question is, Where will they draw the line?

What's the limit?

I saw recommendations for a movie on Imam Ahmed on YouTube. Then I asked myself about Imam Abu Hanifa!

There's already plenty of movies depicting Islamic heroes.

I think mufti sab should look at the bigger picture (pun not intended) We have plenty of people debating about the images of the Prophet (saw), soon they will make more movies on Islam and eventually some Holywood hero or a Turkish hero will play the role. Maybe they'll find a Syed to play the role and other Syed's to play the companions.

The fatwa on these depictions are clear and they should be resurfaced (or repeated)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 02:56
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 04:19
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

While I agree that there needs to be discussions on your broader point, I think we need fatwas going forward rather than resurfacing fatwas such as what you quoted above.

Can someone explain that fatwa to me.

I have seen a few maktab jalsas where one child assumes the role of an advisor ( one assumes he is the Imam/Maulana ) and the other kids act as if they need some guidance and they ask the "Imam" questions and obtain guidance in the skit. How is that different to what the fatwa says makes everyone kafir?
I was also the PowerPoint guy for a similar skit in University.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 04:22
Actually the reference they gave for the fatwa is for when people laugh and make fun of the "mufti" in the play. That makes a little more sense. So why did they leave that out from the English?
+1 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 05:37
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Mufti Tariq Masood Sahab's (DB) opinion is based on the current situation. It will change when the situation changes. Also, he is not issuing a fatwa, but only airing an opinion based on the facts on the ground that he is witness to. All he's saying is if you're not strong enough to quit dramas/tv cold turkey then ertugrul is better than the others. He's advocating for a step down. It's like if you're a two pack a day, then going down to a pack a day is a move in the right direction. No one's telling non smokers to take up a pack a day.
+1 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 06:42
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Incomplete attendance : she did not call out the names of Kurdoglu Naqvi and Kurdoglu Zaidi.

+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 09:09
Concerned wrote:
View original post

If they are watching non mehram women and listening to music in the drama, then it will impact their spirituality and their subconscious mind and I don't think they will take up arms against kuffar in reality.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 09:18
Salaam

Put aside the good or the bad effect it can have on people. Is it halal or haram to watch it?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 09:26
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Maulana Yasin wrote:
it's no different to listening to songs with a "good message"
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 09:29
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

To this and bint Aisha's last comment,
Quote:
If they are watching non mehram women and listening to music in the drama, then it will impact their spirituality and their subconscious mind

I think its about choosing to do the "lesser" sin for those who are weak and are habituated to TV and movies
Those who are stronger and try to live with taqwa are unlikely to watch any TV at all, let alone an "Islamic" serial with music and non-mahram. As mentioned by others, if its a step towards leaving regular TV and movies then its "good"

I know about this series through girls I teach who watch it regularly and talk about it (one saying aunty i know i shouldnt be watching it astaghfirullah but...). They are affected by it in the sense that they are now aware of some parts of Islamic history and also feel a jazbah (cannot find another word to describe it) and a sense of loyalty towards Islam. This is my observation from their talking about it as I have no clue what the series is actually about...

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 09:41
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You're so right. My brother has been persuading me to watch Umar series that is on the life of Sayyiduna Umar ibn ul Khattab RA (astaghfirullah). If it's having positive impact on people, would the scholars allow it?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 10:22
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Maripat Saheb has been talking about the Ottomans for over a decade and 1 drama series has made the younger generation familiar with the glorious history of the Ottomans, it probably isn't historically factual but it is Muslim history nonetheless.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 10:31
early teens, TV, movies, influence from non practicing friends, surrounded by temptations...they not likely to come to MS and read Maripat sahib's valuable contribution!
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 10:46
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

You should perhaps listen to Mufti Tariq Masood's comment on whether he is watching that drama or would watch in the future. I don't know if it's in the clip posted above or in one of his other bayans, but that should give you a pretty clear-cut idea of where a mufti stands on this issue.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2020 11:12
People are talking about the lesser of the two sins.

Why?

These aren't things you can't live without that you have finally decided to go for Muslim drama.

There is a third option as Mufti Saab mentioned, and that is to read about it. So there can be no "lesser of the two sins"
No post ratings

Jump to page: