Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Who are the Greatest living Deobandi Scholars?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Maripat, Naqshband66
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 00:30
Over the last couple of years many students of great scholars like Qari Tayyab Sb Ra,Moulana Maseehullah Khan,
Moulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani have passed away.Such as Allamah Sb,Mufti Syed Ahmed Palanpuri,Moulana Saleemullah Khan
and many others.The living Great Deobandi Scholars I know are:
1.Dr Moulana Abdur Razzaq Iskandar:Principal and Shaikh Ul Hadees Of Jamia Uloom ul Islamia Binoritown Karachi.
2.Mufti Taqi Usmani:Assistant Principal and Shaikh Ul Hadees of Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi.
3.Mufti Zar Wali Khan:Principal and Shaikh Ul Hadees of Madrasah Ahsanul Uloom.One of Moulana Yusuf Binnoris students.
4.Mufti Rada Ul Haq:Shaikh Ul Hadees of Darul Uloom Zakariya.Great student of Moulana Yusuf Binnori and Mufti Wali Hassan.
5.Moulana Arshad Madani:Son of Moulana Hussain Ahmed Madani and president of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind.
6.Moulana Ahmed Sadiq Desai South:One of Moulana Maseehullah Khan's Great Khalifa.
7.Dr.Moulana Manzoor Ahmed Mengal:Shaikh ul Hadees of Jamia Siddiqia and one of Moulana Saleemullah Khan's close students.
8.Mufti Rafi Usmani:Grand Mufti of Pakistan and Principal of Darul Uloom Karachi.
There are many more but these are the ones I can remember as of right now.If any of the brothers know any more please list them below.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 01:04
Allahu a'lam who is the "greatest" deobandi scholar...
but here is a list of Shaykh Zakariya's رحمة الله عليه khulafa who are still alive, taken from Shaykh Abdul Raheem Limbada's fb page.

*Khulafaa of Hazrat Shaykh Mawlana Muhammad Zakariya Khandhelwi Muhajir Madani RA who are Still Alive*
(from the 105 khulafaa given Ijazah by Hazrat Shaykh nawwarallahu marqadahu)

*INDIA*
Maulana Aqil Saheb, Saharanpur
Maulana Muhammed Shahid Saheb, Saharanpur
Mufti Ismail Kacholwi saheb, Rander
Maulana Mohammed Ishtiyaaq Saheb, Bihar
Maulana Najibullah Champaarni Saheb, Bihar

*MADINAH MUNAWWARAH*
Haji Ahmed Nakhuda saheb
Bhai Zaki Bhopali saheb

*PAKISTAN*
Maulana Ihsan ul haq saheb, Raiwand
Maulana Sayyid Mukhtaarudin Saheb, Kohat
Maulana Azizur Rahman Hazarwi Saheb
Hafiz Sagir Ahmed Saheb

*ENGLAND*
Maulana Hashim Patel Saheb
Maulana Bilal Bawa Saheb, Bury

*CANADA*
Dr. Ismail Memon saheb
Maulana Mazhar Alam Saheb

*SOUTH AFRICA*
Maulana Yusuf Tutla saheb (very recently passed away)
Maulana Suleman Pandor saheb
Maulana Ibrahim Pandor saheb
Maulana Musa Pandor Saheb
Maulana Mohammed Gardee Saheb
Maulana Ahmed Darwesh Saheb

Daamat barakaatuhum wa madda fuyoozuhum
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 01:39
Hazrat Moulana Qamruzzaman Illahabadi (DB) is from Allahabad, India. He is connected through the Khalifa of Hakeemul Ummat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (RA), Hazrat Shah Wasiullah Sb. (R.A), of Allahabad. Moulana Muhammad Qamaruzzaman Allahabadi (DB) is one of the most reputed scholars, teachers and eminent spiritual mentors of Indian Muslims. Moulana is held in high veneration by the entire Muslim India, African countries, Canada, Britain and America. Born in 1933, he received his primary and secondary education at Karisath of Mau district, U.P. (India), and pursued his higher Arabic and religious knowledge, endowing all his best capabilities for this noble goal.

He was fortunate enough to attract a great Divine favour upon himself. It was his attachment with a very eminent man of spirituality, the late Moulana Shah Wasiullah Allahabadi, a very high profile Khalifa of Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanawi. Due to his inner capabilities and a true thirst for spiritual perfection, Moulana soon attracted a great deal of Moulana Allahabadi’s attention, so much so that he gave his daughter in his marriage in 1951. Moulana then completed his higher religious studies under Hazrat Shah’s direct tutorship. Moulana Muhammad Qamaruzzaman is devotedly engaged in the service of Islamic knowledge, social reform, Da’wah and spiritual upbringing of the Ummah. Tens of thousands of Muslims are attached to him, seeking their spiritual upliftment.

Read more daruliftaamw.com/biographies/moulana-m-qamaruzzaman/
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 06:02
Should we post a short Bio of each one that is living?
Blocked from replying in this thread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 06:20
I love this thread but the term "greatest living Deobandi scholars" could be misleading. Some scholars are involved in reformation of the masses, others are thinkers and philosophers who ponder over the plight and the future of the Muslims, yet others are pure academics who excel in Quran, Hadith, Tafseer, Fiqh, Aqeedah and related Islamic sciences.

I have thought about starting a thread about the 'academic" scholars.
You'll come across some Ulama who are oceans of knowledge however they are not well-known.

Molana Manzoor Mengal (DB), whom you mentioned, is a very intelligent and academically gifted scholar masha'Allah. Some people may not take him seriously because in some of his videos he has acted in a non-serious way however his grasp over the Islamic sciences cannot be doubted.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 10:14
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Yes thats true,I know what you mean.
For example Moulana Nazur Rahman,
Moulana Ebrahim Devla,Moulana Ahmed Laat of tabligh jamaat and many others,who are involved in Tabligh and not much in the academic world.

I was just wondering if there are any scholars alive of the same calibre as
the scholars who have recently passed away in the last few years,Moulana Saleemullah Khan RA,Allama Sb,Mufti Syed Ahmed Palanpuri and a few others..Scholars who had studied under people like Moulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani,Qari Tayyab RA,Moulana Syed Ata ullah Shah Bukhari RA, etc.

And no one should be criticizing scholars who have been called great scholars by other great scholars.For example,all the scholars mentioned in my 1st post have been called great scholars by many other great scholars,thats why their considered great scholars.

So by criticizing Moulana Manzoor Mengal Sb,they've just criticized all the great scholars who have called him a great scholar!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 10:38
Mufti Ismail Toru of Rawalpindi is a scholar who is not too high in the popularity list but masha'Allah he has been blessed with great knowledge. The amount of fatawa he and his team receive and answer is probably the highest of any institution/madrassa in Pakistan.

He has written numerous books, I don't remember the exact number. He has a commentary (Sharah) on Sahih Bukhari which is in over 50 volumes but I don't know if it has been published or not.

Recently, some deviant person wrote a 20 page article in which he collected those Ahadith which apparently criticize some of the Sahaba. Mufti Ismail Toru (and his students as well, probably) wrote a response in the form of a 600 page book in which he refuted that deviant person thoroughly.

Mufti sahab is involved in other projects too for example schools that impart both secular and Islamic education in a strict Shariah environment.

May Allah Ta'ala grant Mufti Ismail Toru a long and healthy life and continue to take service of the Deen from him. Aameen.

Addition: In one of his recent lectures, Mufti Ismail Toru mentioned an incident which I would like to share.

Mufti sahab was making dua for Allama Khalid Mahmood (RA) and mentioned that Allama sahab (RA) is Mufti sahab's teacher. I don't think Mufti sahab was Allama Khalid Mahmood's long term student, it was probably a short term munazra course or something similar. Allama sahab challenged the students to debate him over the Bagh e Fidak issue (for practice). Mufti Ismail Toru volunteered. Allama sahab took the Shia role and Mufti sahab assumed the role of the Sunni. Mufti sahab had read Maulana Idrees Kandhalvi's (RA) book, Seerat e Mustafa (SAW). That helped him in the debate. Allama sahab (RA) was very impressed and showed great love for Mufti sahab during the rest of the lessons and sometimes would even place his hand on Mufti sahab's head for the entire duration of the lecture.
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 22:41
There are 2 very important scholars I think everyone should know,probably the last of their kind,
Hadhrat Moulana Syed Ata-ul-Muhaimin Bukhari,who is the youngest and only living son of
son of Hadhrat Ameere Shariat Moulana Syed Ataullah Shah Bukhari RA,he's the President of Majlis-e-Ahrar-ul-Islam in Pakistan.

Hadhrat is currently 90 years old.

The other scholar is Sheikh ul-Islam Allama Shah Ahmad Shafi from Bangaladesh who is the youngest khalifa of Shaikh ul Islam Moulana Hussain Ahmed Madani.

He is currently over a 100 years old.

Theres another Khalifa of Moulana Hussain Ahmed Madani, I'm not sure if he's still alive,
Hazrat Maulana Abdul Munim Imambari sahab.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 00:54
Author - Mufti Abdullah Nana
Date - 20/05/2020

Another senior scholar & one of the last living students of Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani رحمه الله in North America has passed away. Maulana Yusuf Bodhania of Toronto was our great-grand teacher & also Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri’s teacher. He studied in Darul Uloom Deoband for one year under Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani and took ba’yat (spiritual pledge) from him. He taught for over 25 years in Jamia Ashrafiyya in Rander, Gujarat and taught many of senior scholars including Maulana Ahmed Laat, Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri, Maulana Rashid Ahmed Ajmeri, and others.He was an excellent teacher and specialized in Farsi. Maulana was an extremely kind and soft man and possessed excellent character, to such an extent that he would take the initiative to call and enquire about his own students after they graduated and moved on. I had the good fortune of meeting him & spending time him when Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri would visit him. Please remember him in your duas and pray for him.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 02:01
Rajab wrote:
View original post

May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdauos,Ameen.Alhamdulillah there are probably many living students
of Moulana Hussain Ahmed Madani,theres one in Chicago,and one I just recently met in Pakistan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 08:50
List of Living students of Shaikh Husain Ahmed al-Madani رضي الله عنه

Pakistan

Karachi
Shaikh Abdul Haleem Chishti

Raiwind
Shaikh Maulana Ihsaan

Bangladesh/Chittigong

Shaikh Ahmed Shofi
Shaikh Abdullah Kanaigat
Shaikh Muqaddas Ali
Shaikh Abdul Haq
Shaikh Abdul Bari

India

Deoband
Shaikh Bilal Asghar
Shaikh Niamatullah Al Azami

Sahranpur
Abdul Ghani al-Azhari

India/Gujrat
Shaikh Ibrahim Dewla

UK

Dewsbury
Shaikh Yaqub al-Qasimi

Birmingham
Shaikh Abdul Haq Saeed

South Africa
Shaikh Yusuf Monia
Shaikh Yusuf Pandor
Shaikh Abdul Khāliq Moola

Need to verify

Qazi Shariat of Bihar Hazrat Moulana Qasim Muzaffarpuri

Source: Shaikh Mohammed Daniel
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 12:38
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 14:54
Has anyone met shaikh abdul haq saeed?

Does anyone have any more information on the shaikh?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 17:34
MOULANA A.S DESAI. PART:1
1. Moulana never bothered to unpack his bags for three years during his student days in Jalalabad because: "The day I am not interested in studying,I will return home immediately. I do not need to waste my time packing my
bag."
2. Instead of completing his Aalim course over seven years, he completed ALL KITAABS UNDER THE PERSONAL SUPERVISION of Hadhrat Moulanna
Maseehullah Rahmatullahi Alayh under three years.
3. Though residing in Jalalabad for approximately three years, he never visited the Bazaar which was a mere five hundred metres away.
4. He preferred to eat boiled potato's on his own for fear that eating delicious food from the students mess would entail a wastage of precious time.
5. Such was his dedication to studies that his Ustaads would stand up in honour of him whilst he was a student. Even until today, such respect is shown to his Ustaads which constantly earn him Du'aas
+5 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2020 17:36
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

The website is nice.

جزاك الله خيرا