Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Allamah Khalid Mehmood

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 04:12
Assalamualaikum brothers,does anyone know what Allamah Khalid Mehmood sb is doingthese days,what does he teach does he teach in a Madrasah,does he even teach at all? How come people usally talk about Moulana Yusuf Motala Ra, Mufti Shabbir sb etc but never about Hazrat Allamah sb?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 09:25
Ibn Ghafoor wrote:
View original post

Short answer: He is from Pakistan and not from Gujrat, India.

Long answer(s): What eventually may be the rest of this thread.

In Canada we have 2 of Hadrhat Shaikhs رحمه الله close and big Khulafa, Hadrhat Dr. Ismail Memon Saab and Hadrhat Moulana Mazhar Alam Saab (one of the last people who used to write for him). People in Canada barely visit them and they are very easily accessible as they both run Madaris. May Allah Ta'ala forgive us.
Don't mean to come off as a hater but this is a stark reality that is in my country and from what I hear it is deeply embedded in England.
#racism
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 10:03
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Are there only gujarati muslims living in England?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 10:49
Rajab wrote:
View original post

The cities where the deen seems to be flourishing are those with majority gujarati populations in my opinion.

I do think in the uk we owe a lot to the gujarati community. However, this does not give them the right to be racist or show themselves to be superior in any way.

I dont have enough experience of living with gujarati communities throughout the UK. However, I have heard may things about how they behave when you get closer in to their circles. Having said this, I have not experienced this negativity yet. I find the gujarati brothers that i deal with to be some of the best brothers out there alhamdulillah.

I can remember I was in Manchester a little while ago. I needed to pray eisha so I went to the closest masjid I could find. Alhamdulillah it happened to be Allama khalid Mahmood sahabs local masjid. I had never seen him close up before so I didn't know how he looked. At the end of Salah an old man was being led out by the imam so I assumed this was Allama sahab. I gave Salam but I could tell it was not the time to stay and start a conversation, also my urdu is very weak. I asked someone if it was allama khalid Mahmood and he confirmed that it was.

I guess what I'm trying to point out was he just looked like one of the normal uncles you see attending the masjid. I would never have guessed this was allama Khalid mahmood.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 12:00
Ibn Ghafoor wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

As of 3-4 days ago, he is fine.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 12:19
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Does he teach in a Madrasah or something?cause I've never heard of his Madrasah, I've heard of so many madrasahs in England,but none of them were his, and According to Mufti Zar wali Khan sb of Pakistan,Allamah Sb is the greatest living Deobandi Scholar!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 12:54
Rajab wrote:
View original post

Pakistanis and Bangladeshi Muslims far out number the Gujaratis. Most of the Dar Ul Ulooms are Gujarati run.

As far as Masajid go plenty of Pakistani and Bengali run Masjid across the country.

Many Masjid run programmes in English directed towards the youth.
With various speakers being invited dont think there is that much demand these days for Urdu speaking Ulemah of an older generation. Even in those events that are in Urdu the general public prefers speakers who are motivational rather then intellectual.

Even back in the early to late 80's when most events where in Urdu the most popular speakers on the Masjid circuit where the Motivational speakers.

Maulana Abdul Majeed Nadeem Shah from Pakistan was probably the most popular speaker whenever ge came to the uk the public used to turn up in droves at his events.

Here is a clip
youtu.be/k48zV3OuRwE

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 13:09
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Isn't Dr Ismail Memon Sb from New York?And can you please tell me a little more about Moulana Mahar Alam sb,where does he live in Canada,
what madrasah he teaches in,etc?
Jazak ALLAH.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 13:10
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

If most masajids are pakistani and bangladeshi led then why is OP blaming gujaratis for allamah khalid Mahmood not getting his due recognition.

Allamah sahib is well known in academia and has been fortunate enough to listen to his discourses live in khatme nubuwwat and azmate sahaba conferences.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 13:20
Rajab wrote:
View original post

I think the Brother in post number 2 was and he is in Canada and not U.K.

Allama Khalid Mehmood is an academic and the academics are normally in the Dar Ul Ulooms. Teaching and researching and very few elderly ulemah go from masjid to masjid giving speeches they are busy in their teaching.
Dar Ul Ulooms are mostly Gujarati.
Maybe the brothers are questioning as to why Allama Khalid Mehmood and many other Pakistani and Bangladeshi Ulema dont have teaching positions in the Gujarati run Dar Ul Ulooms.

Allama Khalid Mehmood was a popular prescence at Khatme Nubawwat and Azmat Sahaba type conferences.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 13:22
Ibn Ghafoor wrote:
View original post

Hazrat (HA) is extremely old and due to his age he does not teach at Madarsah. Academically, he is WAY ABOVE most Ulama in the West (let alone UK) and he is not a talker (i.e. YouTube Bayan Giver), he is an top Academic with a PhD so his research will go over the head of 90% of the Deobandees. He also speaks fluent English (which 99% of Ulama his age, do not) because his PhD 30+ years ago is from University of Birmingham.

How many Ulama (his age) do we know who can even converse in English, let alone have a PhD?

Laymen listen to bite size YouTube speeches + he is not a Sufi and doesn't advocate or practise Bid'ah practises OR quote weak or fabricated Ahadeeth to back XYZ

When he talks (even at this age), he is measured, guarded and factual, which is not something that laymen can follow.

He usually stays in his room but prays at the Mosque and busy in his Academic works and writings, his works are still published in Pakistan and available from his Mosque.

We do not have many Ulama who can do his level of research and dissection of a subject.

I think it is true that one of the reasons for his shunning in UK is that he is a Pakistani...If he was a Gujarati and even 1/3rd of his abilities he would be spoken more but because he is a Pakistani, many people do not even know.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 13:41
I don't think he would have lasted in "jee hazrat aapka hukm" culture in some darul ulooms. There are many other british ulama including gujaratis who have had to leave or were fired for going against the tide.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 14:03
Ibn Ghafoor wrote:
View original post

He was in Buffalo. Now Hadrhay Dr. Saab resides in Chatham-Kent in Darul Uloom Canada.

Hadrhat Moulana Mazhar Alam Saab is in Cornwall Ontario, Madrasah Rashid. They are pretty much 8 hours apart at two ends of the province.

When Hadrhat Moulana Yusuf Motala Saab رحمه الله تعالى came he met both of his peer brothers. Allhumdulillah we get the ability to go almost everymonth to both of them. But people rarely do visit them. They have there Majlis weekends.

Hadrhat Dr. Saab is much older and only sits between Asr and Maghrib. But Hadrhat Moulana Mazhar Alam Saab is MashaAllah always in the Madrisah and although both have a presence, I found Hadrhat Moulana Mazhar Alam Saab to do Islah at any moment. Hadrhat Dr. Saab was the same way when he was a bit younger, he is 84 now.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 14:13
Rajab wrote:
View original post

This was not implied. I have and alot of the people my age in Canada who have had to deal with this criticism first hand. Allhumdulillah when we got older, you just show a little aggression (in a person's demeanor) and they back off. The two Scholars I love the most happen to be Gujratis. At times it became a problem to sit in the masjid and I can't count the number of people that stopped coming to the masjid or disliked it because of these Old chacha's staring at people. We have politics amongst them as well. Surat and Barouch, they vie in their masjid Building (sign of Qiyamat). Numerous Ulama have stopped coming or have gotten upset because they disallow the Scholars to go to particular Masjids.

A list of some who got mad and some who vowed not to come back. This is first hand info.
-Shaikul Hadith Mufti Saaed Ahmed
-Moulana Arshad Madani
-Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri (he came back after a long time but they managed to upset him again)
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 14:28
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

To be fair Brother Xs11ax who is Gujerati himself has said much the same thing . About the prejudice in Gujerati run masjids in the U.K.
+1 -0