Maulana Ilyas RA was passing near a cinema theater. Some one said, "all those young men standing in Que for movie are muslims".
Maualana Ilyas RA said, when a masjid is attacked by enemies, the same young men risk their lives and protect the masjid.
There is actually debate among experts between what is more damaging, economic stagnation or widespread loss of life. This argument is best left to the experts and policy makers who have to live with the consequences of their decisions. I for one am thankful that I don't have to shoulder any responsibility for such a difficult decision.
Wallahi I feel the same all the time.....that is I too am glad that I do not have to share any responsibility in such difficult decisions.
I shall add the next part later on Insha Allah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Muslim Ummah aspires to attain a rightful and honored place among the civilizations of the world and make our proportionate contribution towards international peace, progress and happiness of humanity.
I disagree. Materialism is stronger in the East actually. Servants and fancy cars and European name brands we never heard of in Canada/USA. Because in the East everything centers around surviving in a poor world, the dunya dominates the heart more. Its suvival mentality that transforms to dunya-seeking mentality. Imam Ghazali says you can have the dunya in your heart, even if you have no money in your hand. And ulema in the East know their followers are simple. They encourage taqleed and what academics call "un-thought." And because they have just been surviving in the East, the dunya will overwhelm them if they go to the West. And its true. Muslims who immigrate to the West lose their deen and sell out and forget their heritage. Until some non-Muslim reminds them of their place and that no matter how Western they become, they are not white. Regardless, Allah guides whom He wills.
Materialism is not as strong in the West because even a poor man is taken care of by the government. Many Muslims live on welfare. What is stronger in the West is: Independence. Everybody lives purely for themselves. No care for elders or children. More vulnerability to vices and sinful lifestyles. Even Muslim husband and wife sometimes live separate lives and share bed together. Or they have separate bathrooms. Or the wife wants to live away from elderly in-laws. Why? Independence!
But because of independence, in the West, people convert to Islam more and less fear in breaking away from their tribe/family/friends, non-practicing Muslims have fewer obstacles to become practicing Muslims, and fewer obstacles to study the deen. Also this is why Muslims in the West study different madhaib. And why so many non-Muslim academics do research and translate Islamic texts for us! So its a two-edged sword. What you want to be careful of is independence in terms of family life and religious values - khidma and teaching children to care for each other is what can be easily lost in the West because people are independent minded.
Sidenote: There is a hadith on my youtube channel about Imam Mahdi coming from the West ("Maghrib"). I can share it if you want.
1. The Quran is the ultimate means of guidance.
2. Quranic revelation rectified many incorrect beliefs.
3. Western culture has given us materialism and the pursuit of pleasure.
4. The West, in their condemnation of the corrupt clergy, rebelled against religion itself.
5. There can be no contradiction between divine revelation and reason.
6. Scientific knowledge is error prone, and changes with time as the tools of science evolve. Revealed knowledge is error free and eternal.
7. The Quran is not a book of scientific facts. It is a book of revelation and guidance.
8. Muslims incorrectly assume that scientific thought and progress are gifts of Western culture.
9. The Quran encourages, rather commands, us to ponder over the magnificence of creation.
10. In its golden age, Islam gave us inventors, scientists, astronomers, medical specialists, mathematicians, logicians, historians, geographers, discoverers, philosophers, grammarians, among many others.
11. Muslims and the West clashed for centuries, but remained superior because of their faith in Allah swt and because most Muslims fulfilled their religious duties.
12. When the crusades could not defeat Islamic jihad, the West focused on acquiring secular knowledge from the centers of study in the Islamic world.
13. They then took knowledge of Islamic theology, fiqh, hadith, philosphy, Arabic, history, and under the guise of independent research academically attacked the foundations of Islam.
14. And finally, they attacked Islam by propagating aspects of their culture and fashions that ran contrary to Islam.
Brother you are discussing materialism. I would like to learn about materialism, we have read about materialism but what it is in real practice. What did materialism give and robbed from its followers. The real sufferers or who got benefited or who witnessed this can speak.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Maintain good relation, else good advice is also taken as abuse and rejected: Mufti Taqi Usmani DB
This cannot be undone and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.
We apologise but you have been denied access to report posts in this thread. This could be due to excessively reporting posts and not understanding our forum rules. For assistance or information, please use the forum help thread to request more information. Jazakallah