Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

COVID-19: Ulama Press Conference in Pakistan

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,070
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 18:23
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Yes, he said to maintain distance between people and then also skip a row.



report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 14:23
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post


There is no longer a valid difference of opinion. That was when scholars made rulings and interpreted the hadith based on medical knowledge available to them. Now based on what we know and can see with microcopes, it is a fact that contagious diseases exists, and therefore the hadith cannot be interpreted to mean there literally is no contagious disease. The only ones i have seen who are still pushing this interpretation are some Maulanas from South Africa and their followers.

Many good explanations of the hadith both clasical and modern are available all over the internet.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 14:26
Why would they still have congregational taraweeh in the masjid in Pakistan? There is no need to in this situation.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,070
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 15:54
Concerned wrote:
View original post


Disagree (since the button has been taken away by the Forum).

This decision needs to be viewed in the context of Pakistan.

  • Grocery stores are open and Social Distancing rules are being flaunted.
  • Restaurants are open and Social Distancing rules are being flaunted.
  • Construction is open and Social Distancing rules are being flaunted.
  • Labour is open and Social Distancing rules are being flaunted.
  • Conspiracy Theories are being spread (Mufti Taqi Saheb specifically mentions this).


Ulama are suggesting to OPEN Mosques and teach people Social Distancing & FACTS via Imams etc and including Taraweeh. This is SUPERB idea and EXACTLY how Mosques/Imams should function PROVIDED that it is implemented properly.

This should be viewed in the context of the society and population.

It is good decision PROVIDED that it is implemented properly.

Mosques and Imams need to play an active role in society and move people away from Conspiracy theories and fake measures.

Concerned wrote:
View original post


You are a trouble maker who deliberately overlooks FACTS, builds straw man arguments and then demolishes them. From day 1, Ulama of Pakistan have taken a fairly logical stance which is:

  • Take Precautions
  • But disease spreads as per the Will of Allah Ta'ala and not randomly


But the South Africans DO or DO NOT believe has nothing to do with the issue.

You have been deceptively misleading people about "British issues" based on "South African opinions" and now you are shoving South African opinions down the throats of Pakistanees.

Shame on you!
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:09
The above post makes clear once again that Muadh deliberately misinterprets and misreads posts just to carry out personal agendas against others. Either that or he has serious comprehension issues. It is clear I was responding to msidiqui's post on "no contagious disease." Everyone can see I was not referring to anything hapening in Pakistan. Perhaps Muadh's friends can save him the embarrassment and advise him.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,993
Brother
9,513
abu mohammed's avatar
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:15
Quote:
Disagree (since the button has been taken away by the Forum).

It does work, it just doesn't work in the debates section where this might end up!
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,070
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:16
Concerned wrote:
View original post


Concerned Jewel 1 wrote:
There is no longer a valid difference of opinion . That was when scholars made rulings and interpreted the hadith based on medical knowledge available to them. Now based on what we know and can see with microcopes, it is a fact that contagious diseases exists, and therefore the hadith cannot be interpreted to mean there literally is no contagious disease. The only ones i have seen who are still pushing this interpretation are some Maulanas from South Africa and their followers.

Many good explanations of the hadith both clasical and modern are available all over the internet.


Concerned Jewel 2 wrote:
Why would they still have congregational taraweeh in the masjid in Pakistan? There is no need to in this situation.



report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:22
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:23
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Actually it doesn't have to if miderators and admins see where the problem lies.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,993
Brother
9,513
abu mohammed's avatar
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:24
Concerned wrote:
View original post

I agree with this if the rules are not followed.

If Fajr and Jummah MUST be kept VERY short due to the chances of spreading the virus, then how will Taraweeh be offered? Taraweeh will take much longer unless they plan on not completing the Quran. I'm sure Marathons will be out of the question.

The Masjids are fuller, gaps will not be possible, chances for spreading the virus will be increased.

There will be more deaths likely during the second half of Ramadan :(
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,516
Brother
10,070
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:32
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


I grew up in Pakistan and did Taraweeh for years and years of my life. During Summers, Taraweeh is done on the Roof or Courtyard or Outdoors in many Mosques.

This means Solid concrete Floors or Tiles etc (similar to Haram).

Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) or (maybe Mufti Muneeb) I can't remember who says that the floor needs to be disinfected with Bleach regularly, so here is the scenario:

  • Solid Floor
  • Everyone 6 Feet Apart
  • Each alternative row is skipped
  • Floor washed and disinfected. By this way, the outdoor surfaces get washed between Asar and Maghrib in most Mosques in Pakistan, getting ready for Maghrib and Taraweeh.


So again in an outdoor environment this can be "implemented". We are not talking about Europe where Mosques are indoors and carpeted.

"In Theory" this isn't a Health risk. In my opinion and experience, it "can work".
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
22,993
Brother
9,513
abu mohammed's avatar
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 16:48
Concerned wrote:
View original post

It does work.

It will appear when they're are about 3 disagrees on a post.

This was discussed recently and things were changed as posts were being disagreed with just because one person voted disagree.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
73
Brother
66
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 19:29
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post


So I must ask: would you send your kids to 20 rakah taraweeh in Pakistan in the current situation? Or let your kids go to prayer 5 times a day in Pakistan in the current situation? Or a big jumuah?

I sure hope brothers in Pakistan on this forum do not take your words too seriously and fall ill!

How will you populate the masjid if all the musallis die? The saff will keep shrinking and disappearing. Who will go to masajid then? Isn't this the exact way of emptying the masjid and pushing people away from the deen?

Remember there was a time when Muslims invented medicine...
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
698
Brother
700
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 19:30
They are allowing certain industries to start operating, restaurants will deliver food up till 5 in the evening, similarly there are various shops still open where there is an even more unruly crowd at most of the times. So the question is, why single out the mosque as a place of danger? Do you even realize what that implies?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
bint e aisha's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
2,248
Sister
1,821
bint e aisha's avatar
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2020 19:36
Five times Salah at masjid should be performed. But 20 rakah taraweeh is a big no. It is in fact the sunnah of Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم to pray taraweeh at home. Brothers should remain pleased with the will of Allah and should rather make shukr that they are getting the opportunity to fulfill this sunnah as well.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top

Jump to page: