Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

COVID-19: Ulama Press Conference in Pakistan

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#121 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 02:09
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

Anas ibn Malik reported: A man said, “O Messenger of Allah, should I tie my camel and trust in Allah, or should I leave her untied and trust in Allah?” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Tie her and trust in Allah.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2517
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#122 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 06:17
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

I'll take it. If the Mercy of Allah gets invoked by us being stupid in love, then so be it. Because what else do we have? Other than to hope for His Mercy. Our helplessness has been sufficiently proven by this pandemic. Perhaps now its time to show Allah that we acknowledge our helplessness and are desperate to invoke His Mercy in any way we can.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#123 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 08:05
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Summary of this video is:

This is only a proposal to the government. Based on the recommendations by experts in the field, government can decide on either to implement the proposal in full or in part.

There is misapprehension that nothing will happen in masjid. If similar crowd is present elsewhere and virus infects the crowd, it SHALL infect the crowd in the Masjid also. There is nothing special in masjid which can stop the virus.

If other establishments, airports, trains, schools etc are closed and if the masjid is open, the very purpose of lock down is lost. And vice versa.

If we believe in taqdeer alone (no precautions)....... Withdraw orders on lock down, leave everything to taqdeer and move on.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#124 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 09:59
I'm afraid this decision will backfire and mufti taqi will be in the firing line. I agree with everything he says about opening masjids but someone senior has him should know theory is one thing and practice is another.

People in UK can't even follow rules what chance has 3rd World like Pakistan got. I remember going to the final jummah at my local. They said no over 65s, bring own prayer mat, cover face. I must of been only one with prayer mat n face covered. I saw many oldies n one has since passed away with covid.

People just dnt listen. I am dying to pray in masjid and if tomorrow a masjid did open with restrictions i won't go simple cos I know they won't enforce it.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#125 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 10:22
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

There are three levels of asbaab (means). The first level is compulsory. We need air, water and food to survive.
We need to tie the camel to the post to keep it from straying. The second level of asbaab is recommended. We may become seriously ill after coming in contact with an infected person. We may also only become mildly ill or even remain asymptomatic after contact. Most medicines also fall in this category. The third level is optional like placebos. In a small number of cases this type of asbaab might actually be helpful. Things like amulets (taweez) fall in this category.

Mufti sahab told me that if a person's iman is not strong enough and he fears he may become ill by attending congregational prayers during an epidemic then he is permitted to pray at home. If his iman is strong and he feels no apprehension, then he can attend congregational prayers in the mosque with appropriate precautions in place.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#126 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 10:30
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

It was regular practice of Rasulullah SAS to wash his hands before putting his hands in water bucket, after he woke from sleep.

During wars, Rasulullah SAS was wearing armour. Sahabah had shields in their hands. War strategy was discussed. Then Tawakkaltu Alallah.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#127 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 10:35
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Sir, as I understand it, this is a recommended act, not obligatory. I may be wrong. (washing hands on awakening).

The war preparation was obligatory using all means available.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#128 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 10:37
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Now is the time to control the zeal in Tawakkul.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#129 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 10:38
After listening to the proposal by ulama of Pakistan, I don't see much difference between what they said and what Maulana Saad DB said. Many people belittled Maulana Saad DB for his stance. I feel Maulana Saad DB has been vindicated of some of the allegations made against him. This is just the view of a naive simpleton like me.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#130 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 10:41
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

The difference between Molana Saad sab and ulema of pak is; pak ulema did mashwarah with many senior ulema. Molana Saad sab gave unilateral decisions.
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#131 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 11:06
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I have experienced this many times. May be you also have similar exerience.

A young man with his big bag, with valid passport, enough money to go to any corner of world, with 4 or 5 months; reaches local markaz thinking, he will be welcomed, "Mujahid-e-azam, best example of fikr-e-ummat and tawakkul, worth emulation by other youth etc." And He will be given a recommendation letter addressed to Nizamuddin etc.

After verifying his background. He is ordered to return to his job or business.

He cries "Then why those bayans on fikr e ummath, qurbani, tawakkul etc."

Akabir have better knowledge.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#132 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 14:21
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Hmm...shouldn't that be the other way round? First, Tawakkaltu Alallah, then the adoption of aforementioned means of defence, in compliance with the order of Allah and his Rasul (saw)?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#133 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 14:27
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

So then even Older People can say we aren't staying home, that is a sign of weak Iman. Everyone now wants to prove their Iman is strong.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#134 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 14:33
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

This is like, I buy a ticket to Jeddah, I board the flight. Then I say "INSHA ALLAH, I will reach Jeddah". He is following Quran and Sunnah. His tawakkul is valid.

I stay in my home, I say Insha Allah, tomorrow I will be in Haram". Am I expecting jinnaath to lift me and take me to makkah?
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#135 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 14:35
Concerned wrote:
View original post

True, tell this in one bayan, then everyone will be in masjid to prove his Imaan. Today everyone is humble, rush to prove their imaan.
+1 -0

Jump to page: