Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

COVID-19: Ulama Press Conference in Pakistan

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 16:07
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:00
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

My family are giving the same feedback. Gulshan-e-Iqbal is the Hotspot and it is in lockdown (in theory) but no in practise.

Agreed and hence my concerns from POST ONE that the implementation of this will be problematic. You guys are arguing about "the theory" which in my (humble) opinion is sound.

The issue is controlling it and implementing it. In the Press conference, the Ulama are not "Social Distancing" so how will laymen do it?

Concerned wrote:
View original post

Aerosol particles remain suspended in air (depending on density), that's how your fast breaks in the Hanafi Madhab...Read the paper by Mufti Amjad Muhammad (HA) about Aerosols.

Cough/Cold droplets do shoot out and remain suspended but the best research as told to me by an expert is that SARS-CoV-2 is dense and happens to fall (quickly) and thus settles on surfaces as opposed to other CoronaVirus.

There are a few good things about this virus:

• It isn't mutating quickly and has a relatively stable Genome
  • It is dropping in the air and to surfaces, rather than staying airborne (for longer) and spreading (wider)

All of the above is entirely different to saying that Virus is airborne (the droplets are the issue)
Rank Image
Hindu
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:04
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Can Martial Law be imposed in Pakistan now. Military can take over.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:09
ssaad wrote:
View original post

No because it won't be useful.

I was hoping that the Ulama can teach people about the danger of COVID-19 from the Masajid and set examples. That is why I agree with the idea in principle. There was a time when everything was taught to us from the Masjid and in Pakistani society (rural areas specially) it still happens

Rank Image
Hindu
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:11
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I feel in today scenario PM is "ghar ki murgi daal barabar". No one is serious about IKs advise.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:21
ssaad wrote:
View original post

• Karachi is part of Sindh
  • Sindh is ruled by PPP
  • PPP has nothing to do with Imran Khan or PTI
  • Sindh (Provincial) Government has enforced lockdown and it is well run and well organised and well praised.
  • Ulama Press Conference happened in Karachi (Press Club) AGAINST complaints and Procedure of Sindh Government & Sindh Police

Imran Khan and his party cannot affect the situation as it is a Provincial matter.

Imran Khan is incharge of Islamabad (few cases) and PTI (his party) is in charge of Punjab (no lockdown). Imran Khan and his PTI Government have FAILED during this Pandemic and are about as useful as a "bent wet noodle" .

India has decided to deploy "heavy artillery (may be even Dhanush)" at the LOC (in the middle of villages) and Khad is heating up the Western border so Imran Khan and ISI are a little busy right now with other things. Army cannot be moved away from the borders and into a dense city like Karachi so Rangers are in charge.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:23
The Ulama should engage with the government and work together and come to a mutual agreement and implement the necessary changes and educate the masses.

My brother in law, also from Gulshan Iqbal says that the Ulama are saying one thing, the government are saying another, yet the people are doing what they feel most suited to them.

I think, until a loved one isn't lost to the virus, it won't hit them. Knowing of people dying doesn't seem to be sufficient.

The locals just want to go to work and earn a living so they can feed the family.
Rank Image
Hindu
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 17:34
Mufti Tariq Masood sab has said when there is no consensus among scholars then the decision of oolil amr (the ruler) is final. Why Ulema of pakistan are not understating this grave situation. Only the ruler knows the gravity of the situation, he is responsible and accountable, the ulema are not.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 18:13
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Funny. Coming from an Indian, especially. I would have thought you already believe Pakistan to be under military control. Which in reality it is.

As far as what the real solution for Pakistanis is, I have my opinions but they would be extremely unpopular anywhere.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 04:17
There is no medical basis for all this. You cannot co-exist with a virus. Here is a video of a Japanese study on droplets and how long they stay in the air. vimeo.com/402577241

There is a lag in the news based on the country. The USA was sleeping while South Korea was on high alert and then USA got hit hard and South Korea is opening up. The UK was sleeping while North America was on high alert and now UK is hit hard. Pakistan acted fast which is good but because people are not seeing everybody dying left and right, like in other countries, people think it is an over-reaction.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 04:24
I want to point out the basis for the fiqh of the 57 Muslim countries who decided to close the masajid. This Arab American shaykh explains it in the start - from 4 to 10 minutes.
Halalified YouTube Audio

Fiqh has to look at the situation and what is practical and to make the deen easy for the masses. I'd like to give them benefit of the doubt, but right now I don't see any fiqh basis for Mufti Taqi's decision except "well if everybody else is doing xyz, why can't we?" which, ironically, is the same reasoning Muslims use to Westernize themselves!

My theory is Mufti Taqi got a bad medical opinion of some half-baked doctors with a fake degree. That is all I can think of.

The way I see it Bill Gates and all the illuminati people will closely follow the news in Pakistan, "Oh all the hydrochloroquine is sold out? And they will have 2 hour long gatherings of 1000 people every night for 30 days? Finally the depopulation agenda commences!"
+3 -0Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 05:33
When these ulema can take unanimous decision for opening masjids, why can't they take similar decision for Islamic Sharia as governing model
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 10:54
And here comes the response of the secularists to the Ulemah.

Pakistani writer in New York Times.
In an article titled "God created the Coronavirus and Now he has lost Control".

t.co/WjrOnDxKvT?amp=1

La Hawla Wala Quwwata Illah Billah.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 10:58
Rank Image
Hindu
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 10:59
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

True.... Allah has made Corona virus to go out of control in New York. Elsewhere it is under control.. limited damage.

Jump to page: