Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

COVID-19: Ulama Press Conference in Pakistan

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 04:21
Mashallah. The presser was an eye opener for me. I'm sure medical and social and economic experts have been consulted during the drafting of this resolution. This is an example of how Islam is a religion bereft of extremism and we should be concerned about both the worldly life and the afterlife and the fear of death should not paralyze us from discharging our duties as Muslims and as human beings.

Medical and epidemiology experts in our country (India) have told us that the virus will go through most of our population no matter what we do.

One absolutely needs to watch the whole presser to appreciate the decision taken by the council.

I hope the respected ulama in India take inspiration from the courage shown by the eminent ulama of Pakistan.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 05:47
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

This should help clear some stuff up:

muftionline.co.za/node/31403

Also this:

muftionline.co.za/node/256

This is a valid difference of opinion. There are some poor souls mocking the Mubarak Ahadith of Nabi صل الله عليه وسلم and writing "La Adwaa" repeatedly and saying stuff against Yaqeen.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 05:59
Also this is important to note:

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

Definition of HCID

In the UK, a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) is defined according to the following criteria:

acute infectious disease
typically has a high case-fatality rate
may not have effective prophylaxis or treatment
often difficult to recognise and detect rapidly
ability to spread in the community and within healthcare settings
requires an enhanced individual, population and system response to ensure it is managed effectively, efficiently and safely

Taken from:
www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-...

Allah Ta'ala knows best why they are doing this. One thing is for sure alot of parents are going nuts and alot of our youth are sadly drowning in videogames, social media apps (Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok etc.), and Netflix in this quarintine. The youth will get more acquainted with this stuff.
Just from some of the parents I spoke to. But Allhumdulillah Ramadan is around the corner and InshaAllah this Quarintine time will become Quran time for everyone.

May Allah Ta'ala have mercy on the Ummah of Nabi صل الله عليه وسلم
May Allah Ta'ala grant releif to the Ummah of Nabi صل الله عليه وسلم
May Allah Ta'ala reform the Ummah of Nabi صل الله عليه وسلم
May Allah Ta'ala guide the Ummah of Nabi صل عليه وسلم
May Allah Ta'ala unite the Ummah of Nabi صل الله عليه وسلم
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 10:25
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Respectfully,

It is part of humility of Islam to not talk about matters which you have no knowledge of. COVID-19 is not airborne +R0 and that's all the passage which you are quoting means.

• 1 in 5 Deaths in UK are now COVID-19
  • 96K Infections/12K Deaths
  • Mosques and Funeral Services in London are overwhelmed due to the dead
  • Lockdown is likely to be extended

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

No, Islamabad is safe + they have better medical facilities

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I hope they don't because it isn't for India + Ulama are giving a Fatwa on Social Distancing while sitting right next to each other and that will get Muslims of India roasted!

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

The issue is conspiracy mindset of people and careless attitude.

This can be MANAGED and LEAD by Ulama but it may not be.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 11:48
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

You don't need to say respectfully and then attempt to sound like you are correcting a person. I shared something with it's link. You assumed incorrectly and wrote further. No one is denying any other facts.

Your lessons of humility may be imparted elsewhere.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 11:57
Not all the posts are showing up in this thread. Any one else experiencing this issue? It's happened to me in other threads too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 12:17
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

This is due to it being pending.

Certain keywords in posts and posts by certain members require authorization. The one posting it will see it and probably the message of pending too.

Once authorised, it will appear in the order it was posted in. Therefore, it will appear as missed if passed it already.

Kindly scroll up and once in a while to ensure nothing has been missed.

On many occasions, I've noticed posts have been edited too, so by scrolling up and just checking, you will notice these too.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 12:21
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

But your sharing is not entirely accurate and out of context and at this time it is critical for us to share FACTS and in the right CONTEXT or we may put lives in danger.

Everyone makes mistakes and it is from the humble servants of Allah Ta'ala to admit it. Anger is not from Sunnah and to be avoided, frustration is from Shaytaan.

Try to avoid these matters and look at issues dispassionately
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 13:43
When the Ulama agree on a matter THEN the Laymen (like me) have no choice but to make Taqleed and follow.

The worst case scenario is that some people pass away while attending the House of Allah Ta'ala, there can be no greater honour to meet Allah Ta'ala with such intention, while making Taqleed and declared Shaheed by Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam).

Laymen DO NOT have the privilege/room to disagree with the Ijma of Ulama from a Fiqh point of view.
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 14:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

They can disagree if their knowledge of the seriousness of the illness is not correct.
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 14:14
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No, if you are in Pakistan and within their domain of influence you cannot disagree with Ijma' whether they are right or wrong. They are not applying it to Worldwide and have no Jurisdiction in doing so.

In their country and to their countrymen, this is binding in Shariah and if someone disagrees (under Khilafah) then its "Say Hi to a nice wet noodle on your back!"

This is Taqleed.

It is absurd to think that Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) would have just spoken about this issue without consulting an expert. I ripped me apart over a trivial issue a few weeks ago so I do not expect him to speak about this without knowledge...In fact he doesn't talk about technical issues without background.

I do worry about the "implementation of this"
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 14:55
Mufti Taqi Usmani has placed precautionary measures in order for the Masjids to be reopened, but if these rules are not followed, action should be taken.

The Masjid should either be reported to the Ulama and they then need to take action accordingly. Either shut the Masjid or ban those causing the issue or breaking the rules.

Elderly and high risk or even ill patients should not attend the Masjid at all.

Masks must be made mandatory, not just the N95 as they are proving to be useless. They need something like the N99 of FFP3

There will be many silent spreaders in these places. May Allah protect them all.

Silent spreaders can be divided into three categories: asymptomatic, presymptomatic and very mildly symptomatic.

Asymptomatic: people who carry the active virus in their body but never develop any symptoms

Presymptomatic: people who have been infected and are incubating the virus but don't yet show symptoms

Very mildly symptomatic: people who feel a little unwell from a COVID-19 infection but continue to come in close contact with others
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 17:12
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Read the opening post again and the specifics:

• Elderly are discouraged from attending Mosques and the same for their carers.
  • Those at risk and their carers are also discouraged from attending Mosque
  • Maintain distance while coming to the Masjid.
  • People are supposed to wash their hands, then sanitise before coming to the Mosque.
  • Maintain distance of 6ft while praying.
  • Then sanitise after exiting to the Mosque.

This is what we know how about COVID-19 spreads:

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/15/five-months-on-what...

Quote:
As to the transmission of Sars-CoV-2, that occurs when droplets of water containing the virus are expelled by an infected person in a cough or sneeze.

So now tell me from a scientific point as to how this is a problem?
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 17:19
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It's been about 20 years since I last went to Pakistan. Things might have changed since then. But if things have remained the same then I doubt they will be able to pull this off. I doubt the people will cooperate and adhere to the rules and advice laid down.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 18:09
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Mufti Taqi Usmani has placed precautionary measures in order for the Masjids to be reopened, but if these rules are not followed, action should be taken.

I'm for the ruling as long as the rules are followed, that's all.

Also, how will they maintain the 6 feet rule in Salah? Will they have gaps in the safs?
No post ratings

Jump to page: