Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

COVID-19: Ulama Press Conference in Pakistan

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 17:49
  • Turn to Allah Ta'ala in repentance and seek forgiveness
  • It is our DUTY to assist those in need during this time
  • It is our NECESSARY to limit physical contact, obey Social Distancing Protocols
  • While fulfilling ESSENTIAL needs, people are gathering close together and they should maintain distance and follow guidance from Health Professionals
  • All Mosques will now be OPEN throughout Pakistan WHILE following essential protocols. At risk individuals or their carers or those infected should NOT come to the Mosque and they will Insha'Allah be rewarded for it. Older individuals (as per the recommendation of the Doctors) should also consider themselves Ma'zoor from coming to the Mosque and stay at home. Carpets should be removed and Masjid floor should be disinfected. Sanitisers should be installed at the Masjid entrances to be used BEFORE and AFTER entering the Mosques. Those with financial means should assist their local Mosque while considering it their RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION to do so.
  • 5 Times Salah will be performed
  • Taraweeh will be performed
  • Jumuah will be performed
  • Those praying should observer distance (between) each other.
  • After each row and extra row (distance) should be kept and second row should not be immediately behind the first.
  • Perform Wudhu and use Toilet at home.
  • Sunnah and other prayers apart from FARDH should be performed at home.
  • Social Distance should be maintained while coming to and leaving the Mosque
  • Urdu talks before Jumuah prayers is to be suspended.
  • If needed then the Imams should inform people about Health and Safety guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 but the Imams are not responsible for forcing the people to act on Health guidelines.
  • Arabic Khutbah should be shortened to a single verse about Taqwa and (short) Dua to be saved from Pandemics
  • Social Distancing and other Health Guidelines will be observed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-OTqIDtmE

Religion is ESSENTIAL and Ulama and Madaris have a RELIGIOUS and ECONOMIC need to open.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 17:50
This is in complete conflict with Imran Khan and Government but I agree with this decision of Ulama.

Alhumdolillah.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 18:01
Finally the Ulema seem to have grown a backbone. Alhamdulillah.

The Qadiyanis were overplaying their hand.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 22:13
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Make Duaa the community in South Africa is trying to petetion the government for the same thing.

May Allah Ta'ala make a way for all our masjids to be opened for regular use.
+0 -0Ameen x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 22:57
Salaam.

What's the wisdom behind this decision?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 23:24
Loading tweet
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 23:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother, are you in Pakistan currently?

They tried in Malaysia to pray in masajid with gaps between each person as it is allowed in the Shafi'i madhab. But it did not work and people became sicker.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 23:54
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Many, within the context of Pakistan it makes perfect sense.

• Thousands of Poor need help and support and in society like Pakistan, their centre is the Masjid
  • The Masjid (in villages etc) is the centre of information so you need to inform people on how to BEHAVE
  • Ulama are usually hand to mouth so shutting down Mosque is causing serious hardship
  • Social Contact is the issue (not Mosque) and it should be controlled, restricted
  • Masajid are ESSENTIAL for Pakistan
  • Labour class is suffering because their spiritual outlet has been taken away

If this is done well and maintained, I 100% agree with it and should be done.

Saudees are boot lickers of the west so they will do whatever West does (without thinking)

DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) has been very specific in the guidance so if it is not followed then its not his fault.

I am afraid that it may NOT be followed but that is not the fault of the Ulama.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2020 23:56
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Everyone knows these rules will not be followed by the people. It's going to cause chaos and confusion.

This will also mean businesses and shops will open up, malls back in business and life will be back to normal.

Salaries will start being paid, people will start appreciating the Ulama and disliking the government, which isn't a problem.

Two weeks later, the morgues will start filling up. The government will say, "We told you so". The public will start to hate the Ulama and trust will be on science alone.

I think the restrictions should've been kept in place to a certain degree. I'm happy for the mosques to be opened but with even more restrictions.

Entry should be allowed to those with masks etc so the precautionary measures are still in place and people are still kept safe.

Paan eating public should not be allowed into the the mosque as they will be continuing with the habit of making the streets and walls into a spittoon again!

Else, we are making the headlines and Muslims will be blamed together with the TJ's
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 00:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I agree with your sentiments. Ulama SHOULD FORCE restrictions on people but they won't OR repeat it AGAIN and AGAIN or hammer it repeatedly

In the end they will say, "Mufti Saheb, told people what to do but they didn't follow and you know people are crazy and don't listen to Ulama"

Instead of Ulama taking responsibility and going to Government and accepting responsibility.

I 100% agree with this decision but I know my people and I know our Ulama

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 00:09
Well, they will have to answer to Allah for what harm will occur and what they know would very likely occur.

I came across this ayah yesterday:

"And guard yourselves against a chastisement which cannot fall exclusively on those of you who are wrong-doers, and know that Allah is severe in punishment." (Qur'an, al-Anfal, v. 25)

And this ayah comes to mind too...
"And spend in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds, etc.) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allah), and do good. Truly, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers)." (Qur'an, al-Baqarah, v. 195)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 00:32
May Allah put good in the decision made by the ulama.

My in laws are stuck in Pakistan. Currently they are in the village, but are planning on moving to Islamabad for ramadhan as they find it easier to fast there. I think this might be a mistake as the virus risk will be greater in Islamabad due to being a major city. What do you guys think?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 00:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

If it turns out to be the wrong decision then it would be a disaster!
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 01:14
Any particular reason as to why they aren't following the social distancing rules that they are advocating, in the meeting?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2020 03:36
I am here in Karachi and trust me, even with the government-enforced lockdown in place with masaajids closed, people here are not interested in following the precautionary rules in place. So if the virus is gonna spread either way, might as well have the mosques open. People are more likely to listen to ulema right now since this hardship from Allah has softened everyone's hearts.
But people's distrust and dislike of everything to do with the government is not going anywhere.
+1 -0

Jump to page: