You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Moonlight
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 11:07
Following was published in the Financial Times. Since posting I have been made aware that the information is fake.

Switzerland halts rollout of 5G over health concerns

The country’s environment agency has called time on the use of all new towers

Switzerland, one of the world’s leaders in the rollout of 5G mobile technology, has placed an indefinite moratorium on the use of its new network because of health concerns. 

The move comes as countries elsewhere around Europe race to upgrade their networks to 5G standards amid a furious rearguard diplomatic campaign by the US to stop them using Chinese technology provided by Huawei. Washington says the company, which is fundamental to most European networks’ upgrade plans, presents a grave security risk.

Switzerland is relatively advanced in Europe in adopting 5G. The wealthy alpine country has built more than 2,000 antennas to upgrade its network in the last year alone, and its telecoms providers have been promising their customers’ imminent 5G coverage for most of the past year. 

However, a letter sent by the Swiss environment agency, Bafu, to the country’s cantonal governments at the end of January, has now in effect called time on the use of all new 5G towers, officials who have seen the letter told the Financial Times. 

The agency is responsible for providing the cantons with safety criteria against which telecoms operators’ radiation emissions can be judged. Under Switzerland’s highly federalised structure, telecoms infrastructure is monitored for compliance and licensed by cantonal authorities, but Bern is responsible for setting the framework.

Bafu has said it cannot yet provide universal criteria without further testing of the impact of 5G radiation.

The agency said it was “not aware of any standard worldwide” that could be used to benchmark recommendations. “Therefore Bafu will examine exposure through adaptive [5G] antennas in depth, if possible in real-world operational conditions. This work will take some time,” it said.

Without the criteria, cantons are left with little option but to license 5G infrastructure according to existing guidelines on radiation exposure, which all but preclude the use of 5G except in a tiny minority of cases. 

Several cantons have already imposed their own voluntary moratoria because of uncertainty over health risks. 

Swisscom said that Bafu’s assessment process would not halt its ongoing work to build out 5G infrastructure, even if it meant that it would not be able to be used at full capacity. The operator said it could still achieve high speeds for customers of up to 2Gb/s without the full use of new masts.

Swiss law on the effects of radiation from telecoms masts is broadly in line with that of European peers, but specifies the application of more stringent precautionary measures in certain cases. New 5G communications technology means individuals are exposed to more concentrated beams of non-ionising radiation, but for shorter periods. Bafu must determine which legal standards to apply to this.

Swisscom, the country’s largest mobile operator, said it understood “the fears that are often expressed about new technologies”.

“There is no evidence that antenna radiation within the limit values adversely affects human health,” the company added, pointing out that 5G is run on frequencies similar to the current 4G standard, which has been subject to “several thousand studies.”

The company said Switzerland’s regulatory limits were “10 times stricter than those recommended by the World Health Organization in places where people stay for longer periods of time”.

Switzerland already has a notable anti-5G lobby, with recent protests against its rollout in Bern, Zurich and Geneva.

The Swiss Medical Association has advised caution on 5G, arguing that the most stringent legal principles should be applied because of unanswered questions about the technology’s potential to cause damage to the nervous system, or even cancers. 

Five “popular initiatives” — proposals for legally binding referendums on 5G use — are already in motion in Switzerland. Two have already been formalised and are in the process of collecting the 100,000 signatures needed to trigger nationwide votes that if successful will amend Switzerland’s constitution.

One will make telecoms companies legally liable for claims of bodily damage caused by radiation from masts unless they can prove otherwise. The other proposes strict and stringent limits on radiation emissions from masts and will give local residents veto power over all new constructions in their area.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 12:33

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Original News Source: www.ft.com/content/848c5b44-4d7a-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

Switzerland denies halting 5G rollouts

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/featured-content/top-three/switzerland-denies-halting-5g-rollouts/

Environmental officials in Switzerland told Mobile World Live (MWL) reports of a blanket ban on future 5G infrastructure deployments in the country due to health concerns were not accurate, with local authorities instead tasked with ruling on the siting of the kit.

Responding to a report by Financial Times (FT), a representative of the Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) admitted it had recently written to the nation’s 26 regional authorities, known as cantons, regarding the placement of 5G equipment. However, the representative said an FT assertion the communication called on cantons to put planning permission for next-generation equipment on ice was “misleading”.

“The Federal Office for the Environment’s (FOEN) letter to the cantons does not contain any recommendation to stop the permitting of 5G base stations” the representative told MWL, adding: “Rather, it sets out how the cantons can proceed with the permitting of 5G and adaptive antennas until FOEN’s enforcement aid on adaptive antennas is available.”

However, the FOEN representative noted “some cantons and municipalities” had imposed moratoria on 5G planning permission, but added these do “not affect Switzerland in general”.

Swiss news site Le News last month reported protesters had again taken to the streets to object to the deployment of 5G, following “inconclusive” information from the government over perceived health risks which was published in November 2019.

Swissinfo.ch yesterday explained a lack of government guidance on infrastructure regulations were at the heart of the problems, citing concerns around antenna emissions.

Operators in the country were among the first in Europe to light 5G networks in 2019, with Swisscom swiftly forging global roaming deals with Elisa in Finland, and SK Telecom in South Korea.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 18:47
I'm gettin 100s messages with wild conspiracies about 5g behind corona. People have too much time on their hands
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 20:42
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 20:52
Is it conspiracy or factual? There are so many theories behind 5G. It is believable and unbelievable at the same time.

Radiation is dangerous for the human body. I have read somewhere that China got the deal to roll out 5G first and it was rolled out in Wuhan. Also that America wasn’t happy that China was given the deal first. That’s the second theory that USA wanted to be top dog in economy and wanted to see the downfall of china’s flourishing economy.

Yep all conspiracy at its best. Who knows what the truth is will we ever discover the truth?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 20:58
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

I've no idea how people have made that connection.

But I am genuinely interested in the possibility that Wi-Fi in general and 5G could be harmful in the long term.

By harmful I don't mean on the scale and speed of the coronavirus. I am talking about long term harm.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 21:02

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

It has to be! Its Microwaves, note the following from BBC

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52027348

Coronavirus: 'Avoid using microwave to get faster internet'

People should avoid using the microwave at the same time as their wi-fi, media regulator Ofcom has said, as part of advice to help improve internet speeds.

"Did you know that microwave ovens can also reduce wi-fi signals?" Ofcom asks.

"So don't use the microwave when you're making video calls, watching HD videos or doing something important online."

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 21:06
Apparently 5G dehydrates the body and changes the cells in the body or something, So this particular virus along with the effects of the 5G radiation wouldn’t allow the body to fight the virus in fact made a person more ill.

So if that’s the case why are ppl in countries where 5G not rolled out being effected. Sorry but the questions go to and fro in my mind.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 21:18

Moonlight wrote:
View original post

2G,3G,4G and 5G are all Microwaves. All microwaves affect and impact the human body. You nuke your food using Microwave in the Kitchen and at the end of the day (it is meat) just like your body.

The difference is in the frequency of these, see this (rough guide):

This is a clearer picture between 4G and 5G

This is what Microwaves do to Humans

4G is in the air and in your house. Your phone is merely catching the signal but you are impacted by it all the time.But is the impact substantial and pervasive enough to cause cancers etc, not sure.

Right now, I have not seen any (credible study) to say that it is unsafe but Google and you will find many sites etc.

The lie that its completely harmless is obviously nonsense!
+2 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 21:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

From your post I can deduct that it’s not safe to keep your mobile data on or wifi. Some ppl tend to keep it off and switch on at certain times.

I have in the past watched a clip on smart meters and the detrimental effects on health. Although we had no choice but to have smart meters fitted as a roll out in our area. Just seems there’s no escape
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 22:00

Moonlight wrote:
View original post

No.

The signal is in the air whether it is 4G or 5G. Your mobile merely catches it so you don't even have to have a device for the Microwaves to be in the air. You can shut down your device and then break it with a hammer after reading this but the Microwaves are still inside your home.

Do you see what I am saying? Your device merely catches it, Microwaves remain inside and around you.

Whether they are harmful to you or not is an entirely different discussion. 

+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 22:08
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yep I understand. Microwaves are much worse. Yes and everyone has one in the home :(
+0 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 22:10

Moonlight wrote:
View original post

Yep, Microwaves (i.e. your phone signal whether 3G, 4G or 5G) and not "Microwave Oven" in your kitchen.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 22:18
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I’m glad you cleared that, was prepared to get rid of the microwave!

It’s similar to what I watched about the smart meters but she didn’t use the word microwave. I get it now Jzk
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 23:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This is a classic example.

When I go to visit sites where they complain about their WiFi signals, I tell them that their microwave oven and air condition units are causing drops.

They laugh at me until I prove it. Nice easy call out charge for us!
+2 -0Like x 2