You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, Taalibah, Rjamal
Rank Image
India
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 05:50

Ibn Umar RA is repeatedly reminding his gulam to send a portion of meat to his Jew neighbor.
non muslim padosi ke huqooq.jpg
Downloads: 2329
    [91.80 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 05:59

Non-Muslims do have equal rights. An Islamic ruler must fight on behalf of them. We must respect their Aqaid. The judge must not call them on their festival days.

Rasulullah SAS told the jews (summary) "You are Jews, do not burden on the sabath day"
gair muslim ke huqooq.JPG
Downloads: 1333
    [81.83 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 06:02

Both Muslims and non muslims must be treated equally.
gair muslim muslim dono barabar hain.JPG
Downloads: 745
    [88.38 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 06:05

Behavior of muslims residing in non muslim countries.
muslims in non muslim countries.JPG
Downloads: 178
    [38.57 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 06:14

Hazrath Umar RA gave freedom to non-muslims to celebrate their festivals, they use to celebrate freely without any fear. Used the bell, took Cross in procession, had religious gathering etc.
umar RA non muslims were free to celeberate their
Downloads: 355
    [82.22 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 06:52

Although Syeduna Umar RA was ambitious of propagation of Islam. This was common in all treaties signed by muslims. "The locals need not convert, no interference in their religious practices"

Hazrath Umar RA believed in presenting Islam through preaching and counselling, rejected presenting Islam forcibly.
Umar RA gair muslim saath bartao..JPG
Downloads: 1324
    [100.12 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:15
Would India be considered as darul harb now that the non muslim rulers of India have turned against the muslim residents?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:21
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

You can start a new thread on that.

We can discuss on that, you can present fatwah from non-zealot muftis.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:27
Once again, selective, pacifist use of knowledge in order to justify by whatever means necessary one's inability or unwillingness to do what really matters.

You can try all you want, maybe even start quoting the Christians about how to "love thy neighbor" but Jihad is almost upon us and you won't be able to find a way around it and in Sha Allah we will be butchering these same neighbors very soon and taking great pleasure in it because we will be doing it for the sake of Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:28
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Admin sab. Do I have right to report post irrelevant to this thread.
+2 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:47
That is a response to this very thread.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:51
ssaad wrote:
View original post

I think this thread is fine. Our behaviour towards non Muslims in some cases is also dependant on other factors such as their behaviour towards us and also the legal classification of the country in question.

From my limited knowledge, I believe there are 2 plus 1 classifications of a country.
1. Darus salaam (Muslim country - debatable if this includes all muslim countries or just shariah compliant countries).
2. Darul aman (non muslim country where Muslims live in peace).
3. Darul harb (non muslim country who are in conflict with muslims).

From what I have understood from some ulama and Al-Hidayah, Muslims are not citizens or ummatis of non muslim countries. They are guests living under a treaty with the non Muslims. Muslims no matter where remain ummatis of Islam and are under islam and the khalifah (providing there is one). The allegiance of a muslim is always with Islam and the khalifah.

When a muslim resides in a non muslim country then he is bound by certain laws as implemented by the shariah. These laws work both ways. These laws determine the Muslims behaviour towards the non muslim and also towards himself.

We are required to live within the constraints of the laws of the non muslim country, UNLESS the said laws are in conflict with Islamic laws. If it is then we are required to go against those laws. If for whatever reason we are forced to follow those laws and we have no other choice then inshallah we will not be to blame.

There are certain behaviour endorsed by Islam towards non Muslims living in darul salaam. A couple of examples being, 1. Not moving out of the way when a non muslim is approaching from the opposite side, 2. Not greeting a non muslim first.

As for non muslim places of worship in darus salaam, from what I remember they are not allowed to build new places or repair and maintain the old places.

I am writing this to illustrate how our behaviour towards non Muslims is determined by other factors.

Of course, general good behaviour is a given. Such as being good and kind to your neighbours. But this is for all, Muslims and non Muslims alike.

In Islam there is a distinct separation between Muslims and non Muslims which protect the iman of the muslim. Such as not attending their festivals and not attending their funerals.

Due to what is going on in India, I feel these points are very important.

We are Muslims. Not Christians. We are not pacifists. We do not turn the other cheek as a rule. Yes, if it is in our best interest to keep our heads down and carry on, then that is what we will do until a time comes when we can raise our heads again and Islam prevails again. And Islam WILL prevail in India. This is Allah's promise. But in the interim period we must not lose our identity and forget who we are, who the non Muslims are, and what our ultimate aim is. The mushrikeen of India are directly at war with Allah. They are not our friends. They are not our allies.
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 08:24
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

My non-muslim neighbors won't hurt me. My posts are relevant to that. You had a bad neighbor, you do your ijtihaad and go and kill him. And face the consequences.
Let us live peacefully. Don't make us to lose whatever we have.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 08:31

Do justice irrespective of he is a muslim or non muslim.
adal o insaaf karo.jpg
Downloads: 1018
    [158.89 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 08:46
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

A long long time ago I was also conflicted by these issues. If it weren't for the majalis of Indian Ulama explaining what Shari'ah demands of me in the Indian setting, I would have been lost today. You are not bound to listen to our Ulama. It is in our best interests to listen to our Ulama.

Please don't take this to mean I am trying to antagonize you. I am just saying Islam has the capacity in it to be adaptable to any region of the world a Muslim may find himself in and live peacefully.
+2 -0Like x 2