Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

2020 US Elections

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 12:36
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Trump is better in the sense that he is a non-interventionist and always has been by nature.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 17:15
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post
And all around the world, people are using Trump's hatred to spread right wing extremism.

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 18:17
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post
Quote:
When did I say Donald was a friend. I said he is better than others. At least trump will look in eye and say he hates Islam unlike the snakes Obama Bush Clinton..

As for trump running to the aid of Muslims. Seriously if any Muslim think any non Muslim leader will solve our problems then sorry but they are complete idiots. only we can clean our dirty laundry

I think the point you're missing is that Trump's hatred towards Islam is far more insidious than any president the US has ever had.
Yes, previous presidents fought wars in Muslim countries, however it was not a war against Islam as many Muslims perceive it to be. I'm not saying what they did was right, but it was not a "crusade".
Trump's outright hatred of anything/anyone "different" is a major problem, not just for the US but for the world.

I see white extremists in Europe wearing Trump "MAGA" hats. His hatred has spread throughout Europe and is also spreading in other parts of the world.
Steve Bannon is Trump's former Chief Strategist and held positions during his campaign and transitional government. Google him and you will see what he's all about. He's been very active in Europe since leaving the Trump administration.

Trump is FAR more harmful to Islam and others than any previous US president. He doesn't need a war, his insidious hatred spreads far better than anything a military action could accomplish.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 18:48
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

I see what you are implying but I sort of disagree.

Orange Jackass is a manifestation of an ever-increasing polarised and divided America (and the world) and not the other way around and yes he is perhaps feeding the movement but he got elected because of the direction the world is moving towards.

Muslims have suffered due to relentless War on Terror, racial and ethnic profiling long before Orange Jackass was elected but he is better in the sense that he is a Non-interventionist so many Muslims and their families are safe because US is not trying to gift "Democracy" to them through carpet bombing.

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 19:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post
Quote:
Orange Jackass is a manifestation of an ever-increasing polarised and divided America (and the world) and not the other way around and yes he is perhaps feeding the movement but he got elected because of the direction the world is moving towards.
That's true. My point is that he IS feeding it, and it's growing. Here and abroad. I think a lot of that has to do with Trump "legitimizing" it to the extremists.

Quote:
Muslims have suffered due to relentless War on Terror, racial and ethnic profiling long before Orange Jackass was elected but he is better in the sense that he is a Non-interventionist so many Muslims and their families are safe because US is not trying to gift "Democracy" to them through carpet bombing.
Also true, yet as extremism and fascism grows, whom do you think the victims will be, especially in Europe.
I watched a documentary recently, it predicted the Muslims will be (or perhaps are) the new "jews" in Germany.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 19:31
One only needs to google "Trump and Islamaphobia" and see the number of articles that come up.

If one looks at the various people he has had in top posts in his administration. The common thread amongst all of them has been their deep and open hatred of Muslims.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 19:40
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Furthermore.
If we look at the list of financial backers during his election campaign. The likes of Robert Mercer and Sheldon Aldelson. The common denominator is their hatred of Muslims.

If we look at the number of white supremacist terror plots targeting muslims around the world. That have been either foiled or carried out. The common factor between the perpetrators is a hatred of Muslims. And support for Trump.

The common denominator between groups like ISIS and the White Supremacist ones is. They want to create a clash of civilisations between the Western worlds and the Muslim worlds.

Steve Bannon and Frank Gaffney and other Trump advisors have been open about their end-game. White people need to be united to create white ethno-states and alliance and the way to unite them is instill a deep hatred and protracted conflict with muslims.

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 21:13
Politicians pander to their base. Trump is a businessman and he has seen an opportunity and he is milking it. He has no faith, no dogma, no ideals and doesn't really care about anything.

He is definitely feeding it but if Islam rises in America tomorrow he will say, "I am the best Imam with the most knowledge you can ever meet".

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 21:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think some people are underestimating just how dangerous he is.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 21:33
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

Agreed.

A man who has no morals, no ethics and no dogma is extremely dangerous.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 21:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Prescisely the point we are trying to make.

As the 18th Century Russian writer Denis Ivanovich Fonvizin stated. "A fool is very dangerous when he acquires power."

Trump is a fool without conscience and his policies are abhorrent , as well as the extremists he has surrounded himself with.

Plus the anti-muslim ideology he is giving succour and sustenance to, and the extremists around the world whose admiration he has been courting. Are also abhorrent.

Rank Image
USA
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 00:48
A soundbite from Trump today...

"I'm not saying anything"
Possibly the most accurate thing he has ever said.
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2020 00:53
I'm so confused about what my voting strategy needs to be going forward.

I've always been a staunch Republican.
Obviously I will vote for Biden for President. Yet I also want to see most of the current Republicans replaced for their abysmal (in)actions regarding the impeachment vote.

I don't want to hand the Democrats a resounding win in the congress where they could actually rubber stamp every democrat leaning piece of legislation. I guess it will be some tough votes for a while. :(
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 14:06
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2020 19:23
In an article in the Intercept Mehdi Hassan makes a case for why Joe Biden should pick Elizabeth Warren as Vice Presidential candidate.

t.co/QrlZ5uT6ef?amp=1

What you guys think? Joe Biden is 78 years old. So if he is unable to complete his first term due to health or age related death. Who would make the best President out of the female candidates mentioned...?

Jump to page: