Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

2020 US Elections

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 01:46
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post
I'm beginning to think that Warren might be needed to guarantee him the best chance of being elected. She could probably bring the Sanders voters who are reluctant to vote for a moderate. (They may skip voting)
She wouldn't be my first choice.

I think Kamala Harris or Amy Klobuchar would be the better option.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 06:01
I think these Coronavirus Briefings by Trump are turning me into a Democrat more each day.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 10:52
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

But in the eyes of a common Fox news consumer, the original projections were a million dead but the current death rate is 40K (based on Trump policy) and he has catapulted himself to front lane.

We should be grateful that Trump is TOO STUPID to get his act together, Mike Pence is a racist bigot who is smarter and doesn't lash out and appears half articulate to people

So far all the racist, bigots in the West are mainly baffons but a day will come when a handsome, articulate, well educated, well mannered, military veteran, softly spoken RACIST will come to power and he/she will not make dumb mistakes.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 10:53
The way trump speaks to reporters is abysmal he seems to be even worse with women reporters, it’s disgraceful. Especially when comparing to how members of the British government have been speaking and dealing with reporters in the daily government briefings.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 20:07
Moonlight wrote:
View original post

So you have also noticed that he speaks like that mostly to women only :lol

Civil war in America over Coronavirus

www.axios.com/coronavirus-reopening-political-polarizatio...

Brace yourself for a very predictable next phase of the coronavirus crisis: the deeply partisan, parallel universe reaction to what America should do next.

Why it matters: Republicans and Democrats experienced very different realities with the emergence of the virus.

Conservatives live in states with fewer cases and consume far more skeptical coverage of the virus threat.

Liberals, especially in big cities, experience more death and consume far more ominous coverage.

You saw this last night with President Trump announcing via Twitter a ban on legal immigration, an extraordinary move most Republicans will rally around.

You saw this yesterday with three Southern states — Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, all run by Republicans — saying they would open beaches, restaurants and most businesses.

Flattening the curve "is now one of the most contentious issues in politics," the N.Y. Times Jeremy Peters writes:

"Guns, abortion, voting rights and religious expression ... have emerged as fault lines in the debate over how government is responding to the crisis."

So, like everything in modern America, it appears most dimensions and interpretations of the virus will quickly devolve into Fox vs. MSNBC food fights.

What makes this all the more extraordinary is that it's unfolding when most Americans see the virus — and returning to work — as a big risk.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 21:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

He’s blatantly rude. No idea how he got into presidency. Even sadder of a situation if women wasted their vote on him.

Feel sorry for Americans having to endure his leadership under the current situation.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 21:35
Moonlight wrote:
View original post

My family voted for him :lol
+0 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 22:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post
I voted for him... much to my embarrassment. [facepalm]

I'm really beginning to think we will need a Democrat controlled House and Senate to undo a lot of the damage he's done. I do worry about the far left gaining too much power in there though. Some of it is good and needed, but some is too far out there.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2020 22:33
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

I with my family are lifelong Republicans. I am a Republicans but I did not vote because I could not bring myself to vote for "Crooked Hillary", she has been a crook since 1973 and I could not vote for the Orange Jackass.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 03:55
I don't know much about American politics, but from the little I know, I am quite surprised to see Muslims rooting for Democrats. With the level of degeneracy that the Democrats bring to the society with their ideology, I would have thought voting for a more conservative Republican candidate would be a lesser evil, no matter how much of a moron that candidate is.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2020 04:11
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

We don't have a moderate republican. we have Trump. The entire republican congress tends to vote lock step with him.
The country is in DIRE need of change. Right now that means Democrats.
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2020 00:10
Kamala Harris is a fantastic choice for Joe Biden. Trump is in real trouble now...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2020 03:13
Did not know Kamala Harris has Indian heritage. Her mother was apparently an Indian Scientists and researcher and Maternal grandfather an Indian Diplomat.

Not sure what her appeal is, looking at Social Media the African American seemed to be suspicious of her. Especially her time as a Prosecutor and Attorney General in California.

Looked at one of her speeches dont know if that is just her natural way of speaking. Seemed to me she has an Alchohol problem.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2020 06:10
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Is she pro hindutva?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2020 06:39
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Ideologically no.

But she is one of those over ambitious politically expedient politicians who will go in which ever direction. Is best for their career and to maintain power.

She is Indian when it suits her, black when it suits her, tough on sentencing and crime when it suited her as a prosecutor. Then went full circle and became strong on sentencing and judicial reform when that suited her.

If the lobbies and media take a pro-Modi slant thats what she will do. Will be the same on Israel.

+1 -0

Jump to page: