You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, abu mohammed
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2020 12:20

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

When judging the actions of people, we are expected to perform unbiased analysis of the chain of events. Consider the following example:

1. Israel usurps Palestinian Lands and humiliates Palestinians
  2. Palestinians respond by protesting, pelting stones and firing 1-2 home made rockets into Israel
  3. Israel reacts with shooting Palestinians, bulldozing their homes and firing rockets into civilian population

Media Coverage:

Israeli source skip (1) but highlight 2 as the reason for their actions. The World says that Israel has the right to defend itself and its (civilian) population from Terrorism, this is how majority sees it.

Some in the Media state that the (Israeli) response is disproportionate to the Palestinian response but HARDLY any one looks at the entire issue in its totality from end to end, linking REACTION to an ACTION.

Muslim behaviour on Forums

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Muslims of forums focus on REACTION rather then taking a long hard view on the entirety of issues. Why?

1. Because most do not have the memory to actually remember what a member said in the (near or distant) past
  2. Because most can't be bothered and live in the here and now
  3. Because some people are deliberately biased!

Its the 3rd group which is problematic who despite having the ability to apply context, refuse to do so. For them nothing but reckoning from Allah Ta'ala awaits! It is a sad thing to say because if a "member" is able to search, understand and articulate complex scientific principles then we can assume that he/she can understand concepts which are basic and mundane such as "zih@@d" is not a word! If this clear and unambiguous matter is not being recognised but the REACTION is being focused upon and in particular (later) REACTION which is after the first initial correspondence then we know that the matter is not about the Islamic principles of fairness, equity and justice which take precedence over everything else.

Loading Hadeeth

Yes, you can argue that a REACTION can sometimes be disproportionate and far exceeds the impact of the ACTION. In this case we are supposed to say, "REACTION  was disproportionate but the original ACTION led to the REACTION"

You cannot separate the ACTION from REACTION otherwise life becomes a mockery!

However, rational and sane humans simply DO NOT lash out. Most humans follow a predictable pattern and if an ACTION is out of the ordinary or WAY out of the ordinary then before criticising the REACTION, a thorough analysis of the whole issue must be conducted.

IF we are unable to analyse the whole issue in full then we forfeit the right to comment on the REACTION. Why? Because we will be asked on the day of judgement about our actions:

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Behaviour Adjustment

Our default position for all Muslims is that they are truthful, honest and upright. However, once repeated behaviour shows that a Muslims is filled with "poisonous hatred" then we have an obligation to protect ourself from the damage.

The damage is not invited, it is not welcome but it is expected because the heart has deviated and corrupted.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Loading Qur'aan Verse

At no point, do we cease to make Dua for these (Muslims) and at no point do we go out of our way to cause harm but the REACTION is necessary to protect ourselves and others from their corrupted hearts and devious nature.

When Allah Ta'ala removes the poison from the hearts, then ACTION stops and REACTION is no longer necessary but it is the heart which needs to be cured by the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala.

Loading Hadeeth

What about forgiveness?

Indeed Allah Ta'ala recommends forgiveness and overlooking and grants great reward.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

However, forgiveness is an "optional" act and not an obligation. When an Islamic court announces a punishment (in some case) forgiveness is possible so those whose rights are usurped are "encouraged" to forgive.

Secondly, repeated and consistent ACTIONS by those with a corrupted heart do not stop by forgiveness! You can forgive, you can apologise but if the ACTIONS keep coming then it quickly escalates up the ladder.

What about forget & forgive?

This is not an Islamic concept at all (in this order). Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) has stated that it has become customary for people to issue "token apologies" when the underlying issue is simmering (beneath the surface) and never resolved.

It is MORE IMPORTANT to resolve issues THEN to issue token and customary apologies.

This is a method which Muslims have learned from the West where in politics, slander and accusations are thrown and then the day after elections the same parties get into a coalition Government and all is forgotten. It is because the focus is the life of this world and not the life hereafter.

Loss of Focus

Thus we arrive at the real issue which is loss of focus.

A Muslim who is conscious of standing before Allah Ta'ala being called to account will admit mistakes, apologise, retract and retreat.

A "false Sufi" will merely pay lip service to the concepts of Islam.

This remains the ultimate test to judge the sincerity of Muslims, how often do they admit their mistakes, retract, retreat and correct their behaviour. This separates those who follow the Sunnah from the "false Sufees"!

report post quote code quick quote reply
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2020 12:31
Tip:
[hadeeth:bukhari:86:16:en]
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2020 12:38

Yasin wrote:
View original post

Tried (before and now) and not working.
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2020 13:02
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Sorted. Because you copy/pasted, it copied across a hidden B tag which I added after the opening '[' to show you the bbcode so it doesn't get processed and turned into the Hadeeth script.

I usually highlight the code or text from any page (as long as no line breaks are needed) for other purposes as well:
CTRL+C to copy it
CTRL+L to focus in address bar
CTRL+V to paste it in address bar
CTRL+A to select all
and CTRL+C to copy the text as it is without any hidden tags.
Then paste it where needed.

Probably sounds more complicated than it looks above. Very useful though if using html editors.
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2020 17:22
Probably off topic and I apologise in advance.

Actions AND Reaction: The sad Reality of our lives

I was put into a situation where I had to sit through a training session on Gender Equality.

Naturally, I started with the sample question and believe it or not, I got it entirely wrong.

The 1st question was:
You are a parent of a boy aged 6.
He decided he doesn't wish to were boys clothes, instead he wishes to wear girls clothes.
What should you do. Please select from the 2 options.
Option 1: Tell him off and make him understand that he is a boy and not a girl
Option 2: Tell him that if that's what he wishes, then he can wear girls clothes.

So I answered with Option 1.

Low and behold, I was wrong. You should've seen my reaction. lol The correct answer was option 2.

Having understood what was going on I needed to pass the training session to gain a certificate, I had to withhold my reaction and base my action on what THEY wanted from me :(

So, I answered every question incorrectly and I passed with flying colors lol.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 00:07
Quote:
Our default position for all Muslims is that they are truthful

We use this as a rule of thumb when it comes to our weekly football games. If the opposition claims handball but the person in question denies it we have to take his word and believe he is telling the truth as it is against the conduct of a Muslim to be dishonest.

PS. Respected admins, I get a message when I’m putting the codes to quote brother Maadh as it is something he wrote in the earlier post. Below is the message I see:
‘Please check your quotes. Each quote that is opened must be closed’ not sure what I need to do to resolve the issue as nothing was working.
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 00:18
Malak wrote:
View original post

You probably didn't close the quote bbcode.

It's easiest to click on quick quote code below the post and copy paste that. Or paste the text, highlight it and clock the quote (speech) icon above editor.

Re: football, I'll post about this tomorrow inshaAllah. It's a better post that most might realise.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 02:59
First part about Palestine vs Israel was pretty accurate second part.

About members behaviour on forums not sure what to make about that.

There is an old Proverb... "If a dozen people tell a person to sit down and take a rest, then maybe they should heed the advice and take a rest."

Perhaps the problem is individuals on forums unwilling to sit down, when they should. Even when numerous others tell them to do so instead they claim they are being victimised. And everyone has a vendetta against them.

Holding on to grievances real or imagined. Taking grievances from one thread to another, even though a totally different topic is being discussed.

Making half hearted public apologies after being repremanded then reverting to type after some time.

From that one can surmise two things, a person who holds on to grievances and disagreements harms only their own peace of mind.

Secondly admonishing the person for this is an exercise in futility.
Any admonishing no matter how sincere will bear little fruit. So leave them be. !

Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 13:55
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.

Violating Rules - Please accept our warnings

UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 21:33
Malak wrote:
View original post

Quote:
We use this as a rule of thumb when it comes to our weekly football games. If the opposition claims handball but the person in question denies it we have to take his word and believe he is telling the truth as it is against the conduct of a Muslim to be dishonest.
We had this from day 1 with our weekly group, "ask the offender, whatever he says is the decision." So much honesty got built into everyone this way that no one wanted to lie after it became the norm. Immediately giving handballs, saying yes it crossed the line, calling fouls on themselves. It also gave us more time to actually play the sport and no matter what the score, everyone was satisfied with the match and workout.

We entered tournaments as well and because we were so used to this, the opponents and the referee found us very weird but we did win the fair play medals on one occasion as it was recognised and appreciated.