Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Tableeghi Jamaat Split: Correcting the Notions from Qur'aan & Sunnah

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2020 13:44

www.muftisays.com/forums/13-articles--stories--more/10377...

www.muftisays.com/forums/13-articles--stories--more/10377...

Not Relevant:

This thread isn't about which fraction is right or wrong, it is to correct the extremely dangerous and faulty understanding of the "Tableeghi individual

Assertions of the Tableeghi:

1. Disunity can be a blessing in disguise because it leads to greater competition
  2. The disagreement between "The Battle of Siffin" serves as a blueprint for disunity

Bias, Hate & Dislike

I understand the unrelenting hatred towards me on this forum and the fact that mentioning the Sahaba (RA) in my response got people riled up. However, I feel that the I need to defend the Sahabah (RA) of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) from the allegations of the Tableeghi and if it further strengths people's hatred of me then so be it!

Disunity among Muslims is DISLIKED:

Regardless of the superficial benefits of disunity between Muslims, it is DISLIKED in Islam. It is NEVER advised, NEVER commanded and NEVER advocated.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Once disunity develops, Muslims are commanded to continuously try to patch it (and reconcile) and not simply accept it.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

We should try again and again and then again and NEVER give up and NOT accept the situation to be the default.

The Battle of Siffeen between Sahabah (RA):

Sunni Ulama rarely discuss this topic. This leads people to get their information from untrustworthy sources which leads to dangerous conclusions. Sayyiduna Ali (RA) and Sayyida (Aisha) NEVER set out to fight! Sayyida Aisha (RA) went out to reconcile:

قَالَ ابْنُ الْعَرَبِيِّ رحمه الله :

" وَأَمَّا خُرُوجُهَا إِلَى حَرْبِ الْجَمَلِ فَمَا خَرَجَتْ لِحَرْبٍ ، وَلَكِنْ تَعَلَّقَ النَّاسُ بِهَا ، وَشَكَوْا إِلَيْهَا مَا صَارُوا إِلَيْهِ مِنْ عَظِيمِ الْفِتْنَةِ وَتَهَارُجِ النَّاسِ ، وَرَجَوْا بَرَكَتَهَا، وَطَمِعُوا فِي الِاسْتِحْيَاءِ مِنْهَا إِذَا وَقَفَتْ إِلَى الْخَلْقِ ، وَظَنَّتْ هِيَ ذَلِكَ فَخَرَجَتْ ؛ لقول الله تعالى : ( لَا خَيْرَ فِي كَثِيرٍ مِنْ نَجْواهُمْ إِلَّا مَنْ أَمَرَ بِصَدَقَةٍ أَوْ مَعْرُوفٍ أَوْ إِصْلاحٍ بَيْنَ النَّاسِ ) النساء/ 114 ، وَقَوْلِهِ : ( وَإِنْ طائِفَتانِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ اقْتَتَلُوا فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَهُما ) الحجرات/ 9 ، وَالْأَمْرُ بِالْإِصْلَاحِ مُخَاطَبٌ بِهِ جَمِيعُ النَّاسِ مِنْ ذكر وأنثى ، حر أَوْ عَبْدٍ ، فَلَمْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى بِسَابِقِ قَضَائِهِ وَنَافِذِ حُكْمِهِ أَنْ يَقَعَ إِصْلَاحٌ ، وَلَكِنْ جَرَتْ مُطَاعَنَاتٌ وَجِرَاحَاتٌ حَتَّى كَادَ يَفْنَى الْفَرِيقَانِ ، فَعَمَدَ بَعْضُهُمْ إِلَى الْجَمَلِ فَعَرْقَبَهُ ، فَلَمَّا سَقَطَ الْجَمَلُ لِجَنْبِهِ أَدْرَكَ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ عَائِشَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهَا ، فَاحْتَمَلَهَا إِلَى الْبَصْرَةِ ، وَخَرَجَتْ فِي ثَلَاثِينَ امْرَأَةً، قَرَنَهُنَّ عَلِيٌّ بِهَا حَتَّى أَوْصَلُوهَا إِلَى الْمَدِينَةِ بَرَّةً تَقِيَّةً ..." انتهى من "تفسير القرطبي" (14/ 181).

Ibn al-‘Arabi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:  With regard to her going out to the battle of the Camel, she did not go out to fight, but the people put pressure on her and complained to her about what was happening of grave turmoil and people killing one another. They were seeking her blessing (barakah) and they hoped that people would feel shy before her (and refrain from fighting) if she stood before them. She also thought that, so she went out, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “There is no good in most of their secret talks save (in) him who orders Sadaqah (charity in Allah’s Cause), or Ma‘roof (Islamic Monotheism and all the good and righteous deeds which Allah has ordained), or conciliation between mankind/people” [an-Nisa’ 4:114] and “And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both” [al-Hujuraat 49:7]. The command to bring about reconciliation or make peace is addressed to all people, both male and female, free and slave. But Allah, may He be exalted, in accordance with His prior decree and wisdom, did not will that reconciliation should occur; rather fighting and casualities continued until both sides were almost eradicated, and some of them went to the Camel and hamstrung it. When the Camel fell down on its side, Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr went to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) and took her to Basra. Then she set out with thirty women, whom ‘Ali sent with her until they brought her back to Madinah safe and sound. End quote from Tafseer al-Qurtubi (14/181).

In fact the fighting of the Muslims greatly displeased our mother Aisha (RA):

وقال ابن كثير رحمه الله في وصف موقعة الجمل : " ووصلت النبال إلى هودج أم المؤمنين عائشة رضي الله عنها ، فجعلت تنادي: الله الله ! يا بني اذكروا يوم الحساب ، ورفعت يديها تدعو على أولئك النفر من قتلة عثمان ، فضج الناس معها بالدعاء حتى بلغت الضجة إلى علي فقال : ما هذا ؟ فقالوا : أم المؤمنين تدعو على قتلة عثمان وأشياعهم .

فقال: اللهم العن قتلة عثمان " انتهى من "البداية والنهاية" (7 /270) .

Ibn Katheer (RA) said, describing the battle of the Camel:

The arrows reached the howdah of the Mother of the Believers ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), and she started calling out: “Allah, Allah! O my sons, remember the Day of Reckoning!” And she raised her hands in supplication, praying against those people who had killed ‘Uthmaan, and the people raised their voices with her in supplication, until the sound of their cries reached ‘Ali and he said: What is this? They said: the Mother of the Believers is praying against the killers of ‘Uthmaan and their supporters.

He said: O Allah, curse the killers of ‘Uthmaan.

End quote from al-Bidaayah wa’n-Nihaayah (7/270)

Our mother Aisha (RA) regretted her actions of getting involved which led to the confrontation until she passed away

She was not responsible for the fight and deaths. It was the hypocrites and enemies of Islam (who started the attacks) but she deeply felt saddened. Thus, the Tableghis is dead wrong in mentioning it. I understand that he is not directly quoting it as a reason but he is telling me that we were not there. The point is that it is not a nice episode in Islamic history whether we were there or not!

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2020 14:58
Assalamualaikum,

You are correct that division in ummah or any work/institution of ummah is not a great thing. Brothers involved in tabligh also dislike the division that has happened in the work. In last few years there were some problems which sometimes even went to extremes. But currently we are almost completely focused on the work without bothering much about the division (atleast in my city, which is one of the most prominent city for the work in world).

Small karguzari
Khurooj has increased, time spend per year in khurooj per year has increased, time spend daily in masjid and for dawah per individuals has increased by great extent, now in many masajid you can see young men who were wasting their time in layani and gunah being brought to masjid and getting involved in aamal at 12 am or 1 am. Young men are praying tahajjud and punctuall attending fajr jama'ah, learning Quran. Even our muhibbeen brothers voluntarily comming and joining taaleem and other aamals at late night. List is long.
Inshallah we will soon see improvement in deeni and dunyavi conditions of ummah.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2020 15:36
I believe the battle of Siffin was between 'Ali (RA) and Mu'awiyah (RA)
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2020 16:22

ibn Hasan wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

In a proactive and professional setting you will find that two things will be done:

1. Grass root Tableeghees SHOULD continue to do the work.
  2. Akabir & Mashaykh should continuously work to resolve the dispute (in the background)

Because 2 is not happening robustly, 1 is being impacted. Your locality is not a typical example and even if things are fine, as I have stated superficial benefits are not the reason disunity should be ignored. 

2 MUST happen, no matter what because it is the COMMAND of Allah Ta'ala to us.

Because 2 is not happening robustly, people are discussing the matter publicly. Remember that disputes are usually resolved behind closed doors.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2020 18:26
Tablighis have always been pulling things out of their back pockets and talking with ignorance. Nothing new.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 07:15
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This is probably the best course of action . But unfortunately the current reality is far from the Ideal . Maybe I'm just pragmatic and I've come to accept the status quo.

Allahu Must'an

No post ratings