Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

!!!SUGGESTION for Muftisays!!!

You have contributed 16.0% of this topic

Topic Poll
SHOULD MUFTISAYS HAVE INTERNET TEACHING SESSIONS?

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 09:32

'INTERNET TEACHING' AT MUFTISAYS

As salamu alaikum,

Mashallah there are many internet teaching and learning sessions going on e.g. sunnipath.com and as the sister posted eariler, 8.15pm Sahih Bukhari tafsir with Shiekh Riyad ul Haq.

It would be brilliant if the Ulama of muftisays could host such sessions too! Specfic books can be studied and we could benefit more directly in realtime from the ulama.

e.g Seerah - Ar Raheeq al Makhtum, The Traditionalists by Shiekh Taqi ud Deen Nadwi (a book about 4 Imams and Muhuditheen I have wanted to study under guidance for a long time!) and Arabic. It could be hosted for free using paltalk technology like for Shiekh Riyad ul Haq's lessons.

Alhamdulilah the internet is proving to be very benefical for this style of virtual madrash. I think this would be the iceing on the cake for this already great website.

To make it feasible a fee could be charged, and I for one would be more than happy to pay for the sake of learning Ilm from the ulama.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 16:33
That's a rele good idea!
No post ratings
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 17:28

I strongly beleive that in an age were truth and knowledge is being stripped away by means of "Lies, deception and mass PROPAGANDA" It is vital for everyones self preservatoin especially for the soul that we have an understanding of our true purpose.

In an ere were people have left reading books and looking to them for research and have started browsing the Net for answers, I think it wise that we should consider this suggestion indepth and seriously. In light of recent events, no need for examples i'm sure, the muslims around the world who are unfortunately not blessed by being able to attend lessons held at Darlooms, Madrassa's or mosques would find great benefit from such an idea.

In regards to the payments issue, I think it's safe to assume that not everyone would be as generous as you. Even though everyone knows that "In life nothing comes FREE." But i strongly beleive that if setting up this service is time consuming then either a one-time fee should be in place or a donation scheme of sorts. Afterall, we must think about the Ulaama who will be teaching us, taking their time out to teach online, aswer questions that we all have etc. It would only be right for them to recieve some form of payment for all the time they will sacrifice for us.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 20:04
Assalamualaikum.w.w.

personally i feel that everyone should excert full effort on rectifying their recitation of the qur'an and salaah as priority. This basic essential would need a one to one, how would the lessons cover this basic necessity without causing fitnah especially with women? unless these lessons would be for brothers only. It is a great idea if it is to do with teaching qur'an and sunnah straight out of books, as queries would be straight forward question and answers. nevertheless the kitabs that are taught in darulooms are studied for many hours with alot of writing and indepth studying with qualified teachers.

anyway after all that anything is a possibility as long as everyone set their priorities and intentions correctly and interaction and lessons run according to strict shariah guidelines.

haven't voted yet, would like to know the practicality side of it????

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 20:52
Wa Alaykum Salam,

I will give the practical side of this and ways & methods will be put forward once I speak to a few of the Ulamaa here. 3rd party software will not be used, Alhamdulillah we have the ability to have this directly from within the site.

I have voted Yes as I think it is an excellent idea.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 20:59
As salamu alaikum,

I agree that salah and quran reading is essential - but i don't think quran recitation is feasible over the net. Also it is essential that no one can see each other - for obvious reasons!!

go to www.sunnipath.com - look at their setup - it is great. courses aimed at covered a set book recognized in darul ulooms, in over 13-15 lessons, 1-2hr each lesson. alot can be done in that time Inshallah.

as far as what books - the ulama know best. anything in Fiqh, seerah, aqidah, arabic, tafsir, hadith. Shiekh Riyad ul Haq is covering Sahih Bukhari abriged! now thats massive but still Inshallah will be very fruitful if done consistently. maybe we can study a set book a Hadith and go through it systemically for 1 year.

And all Favours are from Allah.

(about the vote - i thought it looked nice)

No post ratings
Unspecified
Unspecified
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 21:29

Interesting idea, many valid points made in response already.

Yes, it's a great idea, especially for brothers (keeping in mind the point raised by Taalibah) - whether or not it is feasible for the existing ulama of MuftiSays to contribute that time in their tightly packed schedules is another matter.

I believe that it is of concern to many of the site's users that the delay in the answering of questions is significant and also increasing. Perhaps one of the ways forward would be to enlist the assistance of more ulama in order to keep up with the demands of the Q&A side of the site.

Having watched a brief presentation on Sunnipath.com, it is easy to conclude that a lot of time and effort would be needed to put such an idea into full working order. This is not to say that there are no willing volunteers to contribute towards such a project, but that co-ordinating such a project may be an overwhelmingly large task for the current MuftiSays team to take on at present.

A smaller project which came to mind in response to Taalibah's post referring to Tajweed lessons is one whereby both men and women who are serious about improving their tajweed could be put into contact with brothers/sisters who are willing to and are capable of providing 121 tuition in their local area.

Perhaps MuftiSays can be a portal for this type of project

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2006 22:53
assalamualikum.w.w.

if its got anything to do with spreading the deen and increasing the knowledge, im all for it, anyway it seems like its going to be thought through, with the guidance and support of the ulama with adherance to the shariah, insha-allah. may Allah ta'ala make it a means of increasing the knowledge, and a means for many to benefit. Aameen

iv'e struggled for many years in teaching myself qur'anic arabic so i may understand what i am reading, will this set up allow me to choose what i want to learn at my own pace, or is it going to be a set syllabus?

wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2006 10:12
Alhamdulilah, Mufti Yasin said he liked the idea so Inshallah we will leave everything else to the ulama to sort out.
No post ratings
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2006 11:40
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah,

Great idea!

Quote:
Alhamdulilah, Mufti Yasin said he liked the idea so Inshallah we will leave everything else to the ulama to sort out.

May Allah Ta'ala reward the ulemaa and all those involved in making it happen Inshallah, and may Allah ta'ala grant them the highest station in jannah for carrying out the noble act of spreading the deen.Ameen.

Request for duas

Wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2006 11:53

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2006 17:25
SubhanaAllah, it will be fantastic if this can be arranged. Someone mentioned earlier that a fee should be charged. Personally, I think it is imperative to have a fee so that we know that the students who are joining are serious about learning and will remain committed.

I talk from experience, just recently we had to cancel our weekly study-circle which was being conducted by our Molana, reason being that students had began treating it as a 'drop-in' class; they would only attend if they had nothing better to do, Molana got fed-up with the absences and called it a day. Sad thing is, there were some students who were serious about the course, but they too had to suffer because of those who took the classes lightly.

I think it would be wise to have a formal registration form made, fees attached, maybe 'entry requirements' set, so that we know people joining will be able to keep up with the course. Also, timings will be important, we'll have to negotiate what time is best....Am I getting to excited here? Sorry! Just a few thoughts

Jazakallah

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2006 17:49

aag wrote:
Salam, have you spoken to Mufti Yasin or were you refering to my post assuming I am him? I have not yet spoken to the Ulamaa. InshaAllah I will let you know today after speaking to them.

Wassalam

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2006 18:21
Also, Muslimah76, I dont think you're getting too excited, the suggestions will be kept in mind and inshaAllah it'll be forwarded too. Wassalam
No post ratings
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2006 07:45
i voted Yes, and it's a good idea.
No post ratings