Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

Social Service - Islamic Perspective

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MFaiz's avatar
Offline
India
70
Brother
71
MFaiz's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2019 18:45
Assalamua'laikum

I was discussing this topic about doing social service to the general public by showing "Muslim Identity" with few ulema. So, what exactly we can do to make sure that others get to know what actual Islam is ?

Like 1. Setting up free water stalls for all on main locations 2. Free food stalls for poor people etc...
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,211
Brother
2,502
xs11ax's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2019 19:13
MFaiz wrote:
View original post

Open up the masajid and madaris for the poor, sick, homeless, destitute, addicts, lonely, elderly, single parent families etc.

Instead of spending money on making extravagant masajid and madaris use the money to help the local and wider community especially those mentioned above.

Sell off extravagant and unnecessary and items from masajid and madaris and use the money as above.

Make the masajid and madaris into.community centres where people can go for help and advice in regards to marriage, counselling, education, training, employment, business help, business and other loans etc.

Start a daily/weekly/monthly movement where prominent members of the masajid/madaris/community gather people together to go out in the community to search for people who need help. Participants can be doctors, health care workers, tradesmen, lawyers, accountants, employers, ex-convicts, youths, etc.

Turn the kitchens of the masajid and madaris into a place where people can go to for a daily hot meal.

Have a weekly or daily program where musallees go out on the streets after salaat to help clean up the streets.

Just a few off the top of my head to get started.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 1Winner x 3
back to top
Rank Image
MFaiz's avatar
Offline
India
70
Brother
71
MFaiz's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2019 13:47
I just made some priority wise lists

1. Keep free water on all important corners of the city
2. Hiring volunteers to educate the children and elders (uneducated) by spending daily 1-2 hours in a locality
3. Identifying people below poverty line and delivering free food
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,726
Brother
8,984
abu mohammed's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2019 14:09
Are these proposals for India?
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
MFaiz's avatar
Offline
India
70
Brother
71
MFaiz's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 02:06
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Yes brother. InshaAllah our intention is to take up this activity in the general public and implicate that real Muslims help others. Unfortunately all other communities are doing this things like christians, sikhs, qadiani's, aga khanis etc.. and building good name in the society. Where as Muslims are much far behind in this area. Whereas in most area's Islam spread because of good nature of Muslims. We feel, we have to take up this activity openly inshaAllah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,211
Brother
2,502
xs11ax's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 08:50
MFaiz wrote:
View original post

Start with the right intention. Don't start because people of other religions are doing it. Don't start because you want to compete against people of other religions. Start to please Allah and because it is our duty to help others.

Help Muslims first! There are plenty of Muslims and muslim villages in India that need help. There are many elderly muslims, sick muslims, disabled muslims, orphan muslims, poverty stricken muslims that need help. Help them first so they do not have to lower themselves before the idol worshippers. Help them first so their iman is not destroyed. Help them first to strengthen the muslim community.

It is very fashionable today to help everyone to the extent of showing preference to non muslims over muslims. We muslims are so desperate to show the world that we are just like you guys. We are not terrorists just like you guys. We are not fundamentalists just like you guys. But the fact is we should always have preference over a fellow muslim. We Muslims are one ummah! Muslims are brothers and sisters. The muslim mothers and fathers are our mothers and fathers. The muslim children are our children. Let's get our own house in order first, before we try to clean up other people's houses. Of course that does not mean we do injustice to non Muslims. And of course if a non muslim COMES to us for help then we MUST help with the intention of bringing them closer to Islam. But preference MUST be given to our own. ESPECIALLY in this day and age where Muslims are facing worldwide oppression and persecution. Muslims are running to the non Muslims for help and losing their iman. Even in a 'civilised' country such as the UK non Muslims give preference to other non Muslims over muslims in every walk of life. So redress that imbalance by helping our own first. Save the iman of your fellow Muslims. Save the dignity of your fellow Muslims. Stop the muslims from falling into sin. Help the house of Islam get stronger.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,726
Brother
8,984
abu mohammed's avatar
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 09:51
MFaiz wrote:
View original post

If the intent is for the people of India t osee that Muslims are good people, start with eradicating what looks like grave worship, eradicate the scams that take place at the graves of the pious dead.

The hindu's etc flock to these places and gives the Muslims hope of being on Haq, such delusion.

Eradicate the Peer worship. I have heard Peers saying that the Hindus love them, prepare their Iftar, feed the poor and do everything that the Muslims need - yet they won't embrace Islam.

Bring back Tawheed and InshaAllah things can get better.
www.muftisays.com/abu+mohammed/578_18-11-2010/whos-been-f...

@Maulana Yasin - all my search results produced in the blogs reproduce an error 404 page. I found the correct post by selecting "Manage Entries" then selected "Edit" to see the context of that page. As you know, I can't reproduce that blog here due to the images.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
MFaiz's avatar
Offline
India
70
Brother
71
MFaiz's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 11:30
xs11ax wrote:
View original post


Ps: I don't know how this quote system works, so adding code to differentiate.

Code:
Start with the right intention. Don't start because people of other religions are doing it. Don't start because you want to compete against people of other religions. Start to please Allah and because it is our duty to help others.


Assalamua'laikum. No, we are neither starting it because others are doing it, nor to compete with others. Infact we are not even taking donations to start this. We are doing it in our own limits.

Code:
Help Muslims first! There are plenty of Muslims and muslim villages in India that need help. There are many elderly muslims, sick muslims, disabled muslims, orphan muslims, poverty stricken muslims that need help. Help them first so they do not have to lower themselves before the idol worshippers. Help them first so their iman is not destroyed. Help them first to strengthen the muslim community.


Sure, while our focus is on muslims, we wouldn't deny others too. One of our first intents is to build orphanage for muslim boys and girls.

Code:
It is very fashionable today to help everyone to the extent of showing preference to non muslims over muslims. We muslims are so desperate to show the world that we are just like you guys. We are not terrorists just like you guys. We are not fundamentalists just like you guys. But the fact is we should always have preference over a fellow muslim. We Muslims are one ummah! Muslims are brothers and sisters. The muslim mothers and fathers are our mothers and fathers. The muslim children are our children. Let's get our own house in order first, before we try to clean up other people's houses. Of course that does not mean we do injustice to non Muslims. And of course if a non muslim COMES to us for help then we MUST help with the intention of bringing them closer to Islam. But preference MUST be given to our own. ESPECIALLY in this day and age where Muslims are facing worldwide oppression and persecution. Muslims are running to the non Muslims for help and losing their iman. Even in a 'civilised' country such as the UK non Muslims give preference to other non Muslims over muslims in every walk of life. So redress that imbalance by helping our own first. Save the iman of your fellow Muslims. Save the dignity of your fellow Muslims. Stop the muslims from falling into sin. Help the house of Islam get stronger.


Our intention is to encourage poor muslims do small scale business units. We are already providing small scale fundings (upto Rs. 10,000/-) and helping them do small businesses. InshaAllah we will help them further in expansion after seeing their performance. We are in no way trying to show cause our makeup goodness to non-muslims. Our intention is to do good activity for the sake of Allah, it will surely have good impact on others inshaAllah
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
MFaiz's avatar
Offline
India
70
Brother
71
MFaiz's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 11:37
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Code:
If the intent is for the people of India t o see that Muslims are good people, start with eradicating what looks like grave worship, eradicate the scams that take place at the graves of the pious dead.


It can be done only by engaging people in what is correct. When you go and say someone you are wrong, he/she becomes serious. We can only do good and get them connected to us and inshaAllah they will gradually learn.

Code:
The hindu's etc flock to these places and gives the Muslims hope of being on Haq, such delusion.

Eradicate the Peer worship. I have heard Peers saying that the Hindus love them, prepare their Iftar, feed the poor and do everything that the Muslims need - yet they won't embrace Islam.


I have seen hindu's are the most confused people on this earth when it comes to religion. Though they do worships their inner sense always tells them they are doing wrong. I have seen hindu's praising me for my religious knowledge (which they don't have of their own religion) and they say most of the muslims know almost everything about their religion and all of them utter the same words. Where as we hindus, everyone says a different story. When ever they are in problems they comes to masjids, dargahs for dua. they say we don't know where we may get our dua accepted. (Ironically, they don't go to churches or gurudwaras)

I believe our initiate will also provide them a platform to know what is true religion and inshaAllah embrace it.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Arfatzafar's avatar
Offline
India
1,269
Brother
1,560
Arfatzafar's avatar
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 12:11
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Due to religious fanaticism all communities give charity and all kind of support to their own people.

But in contrast Non Muslim communities are well organised and united whereas Muslims have no central markaz which may lead them and take the decision on behalf of their community. Muslims are divided on social, political and maslak grounds which, further, are divided in sub groups. As a matter of fact Muslim is the most backward community in Indian society.

On the other hand almost all non Sunni Muslim groups are well organised and prosperous.

E.g. Bohra/shia community.

Everyone gives 20% khums which is used in upliftment of weak and needy bohras. Hardly any poor bohra is seen in their community. If any bohra wants to invest more money in business then he can take any amount of loan from jamat-fund.

I tell you an incident.

One bohra comes in masjid and tells imam that he has lost his business and he's no money to invest. Imam advised him to buy the cheapest slippers and sell them at the gate of masjid next Friday. Imam made an announcement that every bohra will buy slippers from his brother and will pay Rs 250/- (and the cost of the slippers was Rs 25/- only)
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
MFaiz's avatar
Offline
India
70
Brother
71
MFaiz's avatar
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 14:49
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post


Exactly! This is how everyone else is working except sunni muslims. I have intensive research on network of qadiani's, bohra's and aga khanis. All of them have the almost same concept. While bohra's and aga's don't target other community members. Qadini's openly target sunni muslims and present their business idea, eventually our guys get tempted of money and join them. They offer their daughters in marriage to them and once married, the guy is forever gone into the mafia...
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top