Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) on being Deobandi!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#226 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 14:07
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

What about Blanka ;)
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#227 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 14:21
@abu Mohammed

I appreciate your work but please for the time being let Maulana Yasin deal with my reports.
+3 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#228 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 14:56
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I did not wish to cause any ill feelings and therefore have updated my post but kept it in context so everyone knows what you mean.
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Please accept my apologies in what it was that you felt was not befitting. Jzk.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#229 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 15:19
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No apologies required, brother. I would just appreciate if you understood my point. And I'm sorry if that was harsh.

No ill feeings inshaAllah.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#230 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 15:31
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

It wasn't harsh sister. It's a reminder to me that not everyone is on the same level or follows (i.e. understands) the same type of expressions used.

For example, see what Muadh had said about another Mufti who uses harsh language (No, I'm not comparing) I'm trying to say that we have different levels of understanding and may not fully comprehend the tone or may not see the tone as abusive.

However, name calling and taunts should not be used - these may have been overlooked (i.e. missed) because not every word is read all of the time (this is not an excuse, as I did read it:( )
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#231 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 15:35
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Actually mufti Rafi sb db is right about everything he says,who can dispute the ‘itteba e sunnat’ point...but did you notice how innocently he says:”Hamare buzarg” (our elders), how lovingly he is telling the stories of his akabir ? Did he quote even one Barelvi Alim in his bayan ?

That is natural,and exactly this is our attitude towards ‘deoband’, we love them and respect them because they follow Sunna, we want to be ‘like them’ in ‘itteba e sunnat’ and ‘rejection of bidat’.

Every ‘identity’ reflects the facts associated with that identity. Quran use the word لتعارفوا for it.One simple name introduce one,s whole persona to others,may that be a person,a tribe,a nation, an institution or even an ideology (say commmunism vs capitalism)

Allah named us ‘Muslim’ to differentiate us from Kafir.It was not only a name,it was supposed to reflect that the person who is Muslim has surrendered his will to Allah swt,therefore his way of life is supposed to be different,that his priorities,his belief,his deeds,even his thoughts would reflect fear of Allah swt.If one wanted to go in detail it may have taken a long time but the simple word ‘Muslim’ describes it perfectly well...

The reformation movement which started with Mujaddad Alfe Thani Shaikh Ahmad Sarhandi Ra had all the ingredients of ‘Ahle sunnat’ with particular stress upon ittibae sunnat and rejection of bid’a, was taken forward by Shah Waliullah ra and later translated into the teachings of the founders and teachers of Darul Uloom deoband.

In the setting of subcontinent it took a peculiar shape and colour,it naturally had to address local issues first and take corrective measure to refine and reform them in accordance with the aqeeda of Ahle sunnat.The issues kept arising and the collective mind of those associated with DU deoband kept addressing them.In due course of time volumes of such material came into existence which could be called ‘Deobandi school of thought’ which was in effect the maslak of Ahle sunnat in local context.

Now,if someone introduces himself as ‘Deobandi’ he simply means that in any particular masala he tends to follow the interpretation of Uluma e deoband.Istead of giving a long lecture about his aqaed he summarises it in one word :Deoband...

Why not ?
+5 -0Like x 1Winner x 4
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#232 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 16:04
Deleted.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#233 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 16:23
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Sadly,you are right...

The original deoband is no more to be seen or is seen rarely,but that is fine,only Qur'an and Sunna is forever.Deoband or not,Allah is enough to protect this Din.

رضيت بالله رباً و بالإسلام ديناً و بمحمدٍ صَلِّ الله عليه سلم نبياً
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#234 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 16:41
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Let's forget about Deobandi identifying or differentiating themselves from Barelwi.

Now, unfortunately we've come to the stage where a Deobandi would need to ask which kind of Deobandi.

You see, what Muadh is trying to portray is exactly what Mufti R Usmani is saying.

But, in my case, I'm not even going there! I'm trying to find out what a Deobandi really is! I'm not going into the Geographic's of things, my angle is different

We have non Deobandi, non Asian, Hanafi followers on this forum. What are they?

We have Shafi Deobandi members too.

So it's not just Hanafi that we are talking about.

It's us Muslim's who have adopted an identity which we can't even relate to any more.

Why can't we be pre 1866?

Why are we assumed to be different by default?

Why are we shunned by our own people?

Why can't a Muslim say that he is a Muslim, or Hanafi in the least. Then if asked which one, simply say, "Not Barelwi, Not Qadyani" and so on!

Why the pride of a spoilt Deoband?
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#235 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 16:51
@Asaaghir:

No need to say others whether or not your deobandi. They themselves identify you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#236 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 16:56
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Are you a Deobandi? Taking into consideration I know that you mean you are Muslim Hanafi
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#237 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 17:25
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

I agree with you...

It is not necessary to be 'Deobandi',it is a fairly recent phenomena,and most probably have out lasted its utility.Allah swt out of his mercy keep replacing 'stagnant' water with 'fresh' water.That happens in Umma,s (Like Bani Israel was replaced by this Umma), in nations (and we have multiple examples) as well as groups,even in salasil of Sufia,where at one time one particular silsila suddenly becomes more popular than others,and then as easily disappears.

That humans divide on basis of difference of opinion is natural,we can't escape it. As long as there are 'thinking minds' difference of opinion is bound to happen.That is how different schools of Fiqha developed,and all of them can be traced back to Sahaba (though not named as Hanafi,Shafi etc), so different opinions existed even in Sahaba on the issues of jurisprudence as well as other issues.

Not only laymen but even most of the scholars follow the interpretation of either one super scholar (Mujtahid) or another,and then they naturally love their teachers more than others even if they respect all of them,this creates a group of like minded people.As long as great minds are present amongst them,their differences remain academic and as such causes no harm,when juniors take over 'prejudice' takes over and they turn sectarian.Moreover,when an 'interest group' is created,it comes together to protect its interests (prestige,economic,political interests), honesty and sincerity is replaced by pity cult like mentality....

That is when Allah swt decides to replace them with fresh minds full of Iman.So nothing unusual is happening,don't worry :)
+1 -0
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#238 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 17:42
Quote:
So nothing unusual is happening,don't worry

Yes it's not unusual, so shouldn't we worry?

What happens if Allah decided to replace "us"?

We should be worried!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#239 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 17:51
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

You may not agree with me,but I am of the opinion that every one of us will be judged on our individual performance,all other things,irrespective of wether they are political,social,etc are 'scenarios' created for us where we may be assessed on the basis of our responses.The fate of those scenarios is already being written,signed and sealed.So we need to worry more about our own reactions in any given situation...عليكم بانفسكم

Allah knows best....
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#240 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2019 18:08
I am Legend and I am DABANG

Do what ever you can. I CHALLENGE!
+1 -0Creative x 1

Jump to page: