Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Hadith: Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue...

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, bint e aisha
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 21:01
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.”

(al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

Some people have an aversion towards giving mind to dreams and their interpretations and I fully understand why. Dreams can be easily misinterpreted, used as a tool of manipulation, falsified, etc. But that does not mean we should deny the words of Rasoolullah (saw) just because some people misuse dreams. Rasoolullah (saw) told us that towards the end of times when the ummah is so far away from prophethood dreams will be a means of glad tidings, patience, and steadfastness. So share your dreams so the ummah can benefit in this age of darkness.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 22:09
Removed
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 04:05
Have you inquired about this dream from someone knowledgeable?

As for the Hadith regarding hardly any dream being untrue, I feel like we are not yet in those times.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 04:52
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

As salam alaykum:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but should we not be careful to share our dreams only with people who are our well-wishers?
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 06:39
Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri رضي الله عنه said: the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, this is from Allaah, so let him praise Allaah for it and talk about it to others. If he sees other than that, a dream that he dislikes, this is from the Shaytaan, so let him seek refuge with Allaah from its evil and not mention it to anyone, for it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6584, and Muslim, 5862).

Read the following three points carefully:

• Interpretation of dreams is an extremely difficult "Ilm"
• True dreams are VERY rare
• Everything which one sees whilst sleeping is not dream

The dreams mentioned in this thread are not clear and require interpretation from a person of ilm amd taqwa who knows how to interpret dreams.

Also remember Sayyidina Yousuf علیه السلام saw a good dream but his father instructed him not to convey his dream to his brothers because of their jealousy.

+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:05
xs11ax wrote:
View original post
Sub-han Allah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:08
Maripat wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته hazrat.

Just last night I was thinking we have not seen you for quite a few days. I was going to message you today to see if you are OK.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:15
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

No, I don't know anyone who interprets dreams.

We are probably not in those times yet, but maybe we are getting close to those times and as such we should be more mindful of certain dreams and signs.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:18
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I thought that was only for shaytaani dreams?

A dream with a bad sign doesn't necessarily mean its from shaytaan?

Not sure myself hence the question marks.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:48
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Wife had a dream today. She saw men like sahaba رضي الله عنه dressed all in black riding black horses. Their aura made them seem really big. They first spread out over Arabia and then from there the rest of the world.

Allah o Akbar!
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:52
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I had a dream a few days ago. I came across some men who looked kurdish gathered around a car. They were reciting something and blowing into the engine of the car. As I approached them they beckoned me to do salaam with the peer like person in the car. I went to the window and shook hands with the person of the car. He was dressed in a white jubbah and shawl which looked old, creased and discoloured. His face was horrible and had a darkness to it. I only saw one side of his face and the eye was covered by saggy skin. His hand that I shook looked very big and bloated. As I walked away the man got out from the car. He had a chain with huge heavy links tied to his ankles like a leash. One of the other men beckoned me to pick up the chain and lead the man by the chain. I reluctantly did this. Then the other man picked up the chain as well, but closer to his feet. When he did this i saw my chance and dropped the chain and started to walk away. The man with chains on his feet walked behind me. As he walked everything around him was getting destroyed and burning up. The sky's were getting dark and reddish. I then phoned my wife and told her what's going on. I told her all my relatives are dead and that I am going to die too. My wife told me no they are not dead that they survived as the destruction did not happen around them. I then remembered another route that would take away from the destruction and allow me to reach my wife. I started on the other route and then my alarm for fajr came on so that's that then!

I don't have the right to say this as I have no knowledge of interpretation of deen. However, I am saying this to cheer you up and I am sharing a genuine feeling. Insha Allah you and your family will be saved from Satan and Dajjal. And the Western Satanic Secular Civilization will not be able to ruin your's and your family's iman and aqaid. I pray that same happens to the rest of us.
+2 -0Ameen x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 09:54
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Quote:
The dreams mentioned in this thread are not clear and require interpretation from a person of ilm amd taqwa who knows how to interpret dreams.

The first dream is as clear as day.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 10:02
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 10:59
Brother xs11ax, I appreciate you don't watch Tv etc etc, but the fitnah is all around us even on our computer/mobile. So there really is no escape from this fitnah.

What I mean is dreams are of 3 types:
From Allah
From Shaitan
From our Thoughts

i.e. what is on our minds. Many times many of us go through different phases and have been through different phases and we will see this in our sleep.

On a daily basis we see so much junk, subliminal messages, face fear, face trauma and so on, so please do take that into consideration.

It is wise not to share your dreams :)
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 12:19
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Evidence:
It was narrated from ‘Awf ibn Maalik that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: some are terrifying things from the Shaytaan, aimed at causing grief to the son of Adam; some are things that a person is concerned with when he is awake, so he sees them in his dreams; and some are a part of the forty-six parts of Prophecy.”

(Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah, 3155)

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: glad tidings from Allaah, what is on a person’s mind, and frightening dreams from the Shaytaan. If any of you sees a dream that he likes, let him tell others of it if he wishes, but if he sees something that he dislikes, he should not tell anyone about it, and he should get up and pray.”

(Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah, 3154)
+3 -0Like x 2