Topic Appreciation
sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 15:59
Rajab wrote:
View original post

I know that Maulana is at least in the Raiwind shura. Also, he is now a partial resident at the Markaz, splitting his time between there and Faisalabad. I think he alternates every month between the Markaz and his home. Although even if he wasn't a resident, in almost every bayan of his he does Tashkeel of the people, and asks them to spend time in jamaat. It's very difficult to imagine his identity like that of other aalims, he is too associated with Tabligh. Plus, I believe he wants to be associated with this noble effort.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:06
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Maulana has many qualities so should it be just restricted to tabligh or let him utilise it in other areas where you would not expect tablighi alim to venture in to.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:10
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Why so?

This is a serious thing to say :)
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:13
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I think you don't read my posts which are full of love of Aulia and Mujahideen. I think you need to rest so that your memory recovers. Too much work has affected your health badly. By now, you should have known better.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Now you are into Tasawuff

I have been doing Tassawuff dhikr since 2016 and I have mentioned this before more than one time. However, I can understand the difficulties you are going through because of your old age. After all old is gold.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:16

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Whatever makes you sleep better makes me happy, whichever BAND you have chosen for yourself, I am happy for you.

Or if you wish to TAB and BAND together, that's fine with me too. I know some TABS who are Ahl-e-Hadeeth and many who are mild-Salafees and many are BAND so upto you man...

I have always liked TAB

+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:19
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Because it seems to me that some people are not fond of taqleed here. After so much REEEESEARCH they should better know what DEOBAND really is and after reading my posts they should better know that what I mean by the word Deoband.

Either, they are kidding with me or else they mis-understand me or else they are dumb. I hope the latter two assumptions of mine are wrong and they are just kidding.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:22
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Since your comment is very technical and of very high level, I think I should just Esc . (For now)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:24

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I researched "Deoband" as you requested and got the following. Can you kindly confirm if this is accurate?

Deoband is a town and a municipality in Saharanpur district in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Deoband is located about 150 km from Delhi.

Deoband is located at 29.7°N 77.68°E.[2] It has an average elevation of 256 metres (840 ft).

Deoband has a population of 97,037 of which 53,538 are males while 43,499 are females as per the report released by Census India 2011. The population of children aged 0–6 is 12,200 which is 12.57% of the total population. The sex ratio is 812 females per 1000 males against the state average of 912. The child sex ratio in Deoband is around 917 compared to the Uttar Pradesh state average of 902. The literacy rate is 75.23%, higher than the state average of 67.68% with male literacy of 79.59% and the female literacy rate is 69.77%. Out of the total population, 24,559 were engaged in work or business activity. Of this, 22,551 were males while 2,008 were females and 89.91% were engaged in main work.[3]

Deoband Nagar Palika Parishad has a total administration over 15,630 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewage. It is also authorized to build roads within Nagar Palika Parishad limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:25
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It all depends on the crowd and intellect of each individual.

The types of crowds and their preachers:

Engineer Muhammad Ali Mirza - (unkown status)
Followers who are more likely to be targeted by Ahle Hadith and can't prove their school of thought, so they find him a great person. People with arrogance and looking for a debate will follow.

Amir Liaqat - Celeb
Barelwi, Shia and TV addicts. People who are passionate about their deen but don't have a clue and can't tell the difference between a clown and a scholar. Seeks a fan base. A clown

Maulana Tariq Jameel - Celeb
Tablighi's and non Tablighi's. Followed by other Celebs like he was their Peer. Loved by those who think he can't make mistakes and can only be authentic in everything he says. Critisized (in a light hearted manner) by some of the Great Ulama. Dispised by hardcore Ulama.

The list can go on but sticking to the topic.
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:30
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Let me make it easy.

Students of Government College Lahore University are called Ravians (I think one example is sufficient)

Students and followers of ulema associated with Darul uloom Deoband directly or indirectly are called Deobandi.

Now I don't know what do you want to prove. You are a strange person.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:34
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:40
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:41
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

What is Deoband?

We have different variants of Deoband. Even on this Forum we have followers of Deoband but many who no longer associate with Deoband because of the non sense that is going on in parts of the world.

We have Deobandi's who are from the UK, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, America, Canada, Kashmir, Russia, Germany and many many more countries. Even though the backbone is one, there are differences between us all.

I myself don't really use the label Deoband (depending on who I'm talking to) I say I'm a Hanafi
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2019 16:45
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

The point I was making is that the label deobandi doesn't mean much anymore. You have deobandi alims fraternising with Shia and discrediting jihad, deobandi alims forcing themselves into positions of power, deobandi alims attending non muslim celebrations and places of worship, deobandi alims handing out Christmas cards. You can't even oppose a deobandi alim and refute him with the Qur'an and sunnah without being labelled as ghumrah or as a deviant. Whereas the deobandi alim can get away with anything because he carries the deobandi label. On the other hand other ulama do not enjoy the same privileges if they are not considered deobandi.

For most people in the UK being deobandi doesn't even actually mean anything. If you are a deobandi in the UK the most you do is not pray in a barelwi masjid and not celebrate milad. Everything else is the same.
+0 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: