Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Saudi journalist 'killed inside consulate in Turkey

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2018 15:16
yes but why? what did he say about him? im sure fahd abdullah were more
offended being labelled murtad and american poodles by bin laden lot yet they didnt kill him nor anyone else who made takfir on them yet this fool kills someone who just vaguely criticised the regime.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2018 07:22
Jamal Khashoggi’s Fingers Cut Off While He Was Alive, Head Then Cut Off, Audio Reveals: Turkish News Report

Inquisitr
18 October 2018 04:49
Chris McGrath

As Donald Trump and the Saudi Arabia royal family on Wednesday were according to a Washington Post report, scrambling to concoct an an explanation for the murder of Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi — an effort one expert quoted by the Post called a “cover up” — horrifying new details of the 60-year-old writer’s killing emerged in the Turkish press.

The newspaper Yeni Safak (New Dawn) on Wednesday reported that “numerous” audio recordings of Khashoggi’s gruesome torture-killing by a hit team of Saudi assassins exist, and that “sources” had described the grim contents of those recordings to the paper.

The Yeni Safak report appears to corroborate an Inquisitr report, based on information first reported by Middle East Eye, that the Saudi agents began mutilating and dismembering Kahshoggi while he was still alive.

According to the Turkish report, “sources indicate that Khashoggi was tortured before he was killed. His fingers were allegedly cut off during the interrogation process before he was decapitated.”

At one point, the Saudi consul general asks the killers to perform the murder or Khashoggi “outside,” saying, “you’re going to get me in trouble.” But one of the assassins replies, “Shut up if you want to live when you return to Arabia,” according to a New York Daily News account of the original Turkish press report.

Donald Trump in his public statements has appeared skeptical about the involvement of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman in the gruesome killing of Khashoggi, as Inquisitr reported. But new reports on Wednesday indicate that United States intelligence agencies now believe that the Saudi ruler ordered at least the kidnapping of Khashoggi — an outspoken critic of bin Salman’s regime — or even his murder.

“Officials have also said the prince’s complete control over the security services makes it highly unlikely that an operation would have been undertaken without his knowledge,” The New York Times reported, noting that U.S. intelligence officials believe that the Crown Prince is “culpable” in the murder of Khashoggi.

In fact, according to a report by Middle East Eye on Wednesday, seven members of the 15-man Saudi hit squad “belong to bin Salman’s personal security and protection detail….Most of them are high-ranking officers who accompanied the crown prince on diplomatic visits to the U.K. and France earlier this year.”
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2018 11:00

20OCT2018: Saudi Story Changes...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45923217

Journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed in a fight in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the country's state TV reports, quoting an initial inquiry.

Deputy intelligence chief Ahmad al-Assiri and Saud al-Qahtani, senior aide to Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, were sacked over the affair, it says.

Only a first step

Analysis by BBC Security Correspondent Frank Gardner

The Saudi leadership will now be hoping that its belated admission that Khashoggi did die, after all, inside its consulate - coupled with a handful of sackings and arrests - will be enough to draw a line under this affair. It will not.

This is only a first step towards publicising the truth of what really happened. Given the days of indignant denials by the Saudi leadership it's doubtful we would have even got this far without sustained international pressure.

There can only be one of two possible alternatives here: either - as many suspect - the powerful Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman was to blame or he had lost control of his inner circle, something most observers find hard to believe.

MBS, as he is known, has a huge following amongst young patriotic Saudis who see him as a visionary reformer. If that support were now to ebb away then the crown prince could find himself dangerously isolated at court.

What is Saudi Arabia's version of events?

A statement from Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor says a fight broke out between Mr Khashoggi, who had fallen out of favour with the Saudi government, and people who met him in the consulate - ending with his death.

Investigations are still under way, it says, and 18 Saudi nationals have been arrested. The Saudi authorities have yet to give evidence to support this version of events.

Unnamed officials speaking to Reuters news agency and the New York Times say the Saudis did not know the whereabouts of the body after it was handed to a "local collaborator" to dispose of.

Who was sacked?

Saud al-Qahtani is a prominent member of the Saudi Royal Court and adviser to Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Major-General Ahmed al-Assiri has acted as the top spokesman for the kingdom about the war in Yemen.

He spoke to the BBC in 2017 about the conflict, defending Saudi Arabia's actions.

King Salman has also reportedly ordered the formation of a ministerial committee, headed by Crown Prince Mohammed, to restructure the intelligence services.

Saudi Arabia says it acted on information provided by Turkish authorities as part of its inquiry, investigating a number of suspects.

How did Trump react?

President Trump said the arrests were an important "first step". He praised the kingdom for acting quickly, and while he said sanctions were an option against the country, he spoke of the possible effect such moves would have on the US economy.

Asked if he found Saudi Arabia's version of events credible, he replied, "I do."

He stressed the importance of Saudi Arabia as a counterbalance to Iran in the Middle East, and pushed back against the need for sanctions against the country in light of the new information, talking about the effect of such a move on the US economy.

He spoke of his visit to Saudi Arabia - his first trip abroad as president - and the $110bn (£84bn) arms deal he signed with the kingdom.

"I'd rather keep the million jobs [in the US] and find another solution," he said.

Earlier this week Mr Trump had said there would be "very severe" consequences if Saudi Arabia was proved to have killed the journalist.

The White House said in a separate statement the US was "deeply saddened" to hear confirmation of Mr Khashoggi's death.

Image Copyright @BuzzFeedNews @BuzzFeedNews

What are others saying?

A number of US lawmakers, including a Republican highly critical of the Saudis, Senator Lindsey Graham, said they were sceptical about the report on the journalist's death.

Image Copyright @LindseyGrahamSC @LindseyGrahamSC

Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said the Saudi explanation changed with each passing day and "we should not assume their latest story holds water".

The senior Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff, tweeted that if Mr Khashoggi had been "fighting with those sent to capture or kill him, it was for his life".

Meanwhile, Mr Khashoggi's fiancée, Hatice Cengiz, questioned in a tweet what had happened to his body, saying: "The heart grieves, the eye tears, and with your separation we are saddened, my dear Jamal."

Turkey has so far remained silent on the latest Saudi reports.

Why does Turkey say he was murdered?

Turkish officials believe Mr Khashoggi was killed by a team of Saudi agents inside the consulate, and his body then removed - and they say they have video and audio evidence to back this up.

Saudi Arabia has denied this, and initially insisted Mr Khashoggi had freely left the embassy.

Turkish newspapers with close links to the government have published gruesome details of the alleged audio, including what they describe as the sounds of screams and Mr Khashoggi being interrogated and tortured.

Turkish media said earlier this week they had identified a 15-member team of suspected Saudi agents who flew into and out of Istanbul on the day of the disappearance.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2018 15:12

🔪 Fatwaas of Support for Saudi Government:

Senior Saudi Scholars:

www.spa.gov.sa/viewfullstory.php?lang=en&newsid=18305...

Directives and decision made by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, that took place, following the unfortunate incident that claimed the life of Jamal Khashoggi, may God have mercy upon him, proceed from the foundation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, cherishing achievement of justice and equality, in accordance with Shariah, the Islamic law, setting forth to hold accountable, anyone who transgresses or belittles whoever he might be, and whatsoever the circumstances and regardless of any considerations, The General Secretariat of the Council of Senior Scholars (Ulemas) explained.

Arab League:

www.spa.gov.sa/viewfullstory.php?lang=en&newsid=18315...

The General Secretariat of the Arab League welcomed the Royal Orders issued yesterday evening by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and the statement issued by the Saudi Attorney General regarding the case of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

The Arab League praised in a statement today the investigations carried out by the Kingdom so far, which indicate the keenness of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to clarify the reality of events in the case and to take the necessary legal action.

The league expressed deepest condolences to the families and relatives of the Saudi journalist and reaffirmed its statement issued on 14 February on the refusal to politicize or exploit this issue by any party, including for the purpose of threatening economic sanctions or unilateral measures in any form against Saudi Arabia, which remains a key pillar of security and stability at the regional and international levels.

Governer of Makkah:

Prince Khalid Al-Faisal, Advisor to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Governor of Makkah Region, hailed the wise decisions made by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud against the backdrop of the unfortunate incident that killed Jamal Khashoggi.

He stressed that the decisions bolstered the principle of transparency adopted by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Muslim World League:

The Muslim World League (MWL) has hailed orders issued by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud following the tragic incident that claimed the life of Saudi citizen Jamal Khashoggi.

The MWL also praised the statement of Attorney General of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia regarding the tragic incident.

In a statement issued today, the Secretary General of the Muslim World League and the Chairman of Board of Directors of International Organization for Muslim Scholars Sheikh Dr. Mohammed bin Abdulkareem Al-Issa said that the orders of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and the statement of the Attorney General came within the Kingdom's record in applying the Islamic Sharia.

He added that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is addressing this issue with its transparent and justice approach.

Dr. Al Issa concluded that the measures taken by Kingdom came in the interest of achieving the justice.

UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, Palestine, Yemen, Jordan, Djibouti, Oman, Kuwait:

www.arabnews.com/node/1390871/saudi-arabia

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2018 17:35
What actually was the outcome?

Everyone showing support for what decision?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2018 19:42
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2018 23:30
Let's see what Erdogan reveals on Tuesday. The late Mr Jamal khashoggi's last moments are very graphic. May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him status of martyrdom.

Below is one of many graphic details of inhumane treatment meted out to detainees in Saudi prisons

Saudi cleric Suleiman al-Daweesh was killed under brutal torture in several ways, inside prison. The most shocking of them (which was the cause of his death) is the insertion of a thick stick into his anus repeatedly until he died!
(arrested April 2016)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2018 10:25
Indo-Pak Ulama have started condemning Shaikh Sudais.

IMG_20181022_141856_196.jpg
Downloads: 161
    [79.80 kB]
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2018 10:39
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2018 10:50
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It's in the comments section I suppose.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2018 07:41
Jamal Khashoggi Murder Ordered via Skype, ‘Bring Me the Head of the Dog,’ Prince’s Aide Told Killers: Reuters

Inquisitr

22 October 2018 22:32

A top aide to Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman fired from his high-level job in the aftermath of the Jamal Khashoggi murder scandal, Royal Court Adviser Saud al-Qahtani, was actually the man who orchestrated Khashoggi’s killing, communicating with the 15-member Saudi hit team and giving them instructions using the online teleconferencing application Skype, according to a blockbuster report Monday by the news agency Reuters.

Citing information from “two intelligence sources,” Monday’s report by Reuters says that after Khashoggi was seized by the 15-member Saudi hit team, immediately upon entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2, al-Qahtani was “beamed into a room” via Skype connection, and “began to hurl insults at Khashoggi.”

But when Khashoggi responded defiantly, by insulting the top aide to the Saudi ruler right back, al-Qahtani ordered the 15 Saudi agents to kill Khashoggi, according to Turkish intelligence sources cited by Reuters, instructing them, “Bring me the head of the dog.”

Al-Qahtani has worked in high-level positions close to the top of the Saudi Royal Family since 2003, according to a profile by the Al Jazeera news agency. He is also known as a fiercely loyal defender of the family’s rule over the country, publicly declaring, “I will remain a loyal servant to my country for all times,” even after he was fired from his top-level post on Saturday.

Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan now has his hands on an audio recording of al-Qahtani’s Skype call, according to the Reuters report. The Turkish strongman has said that he will reveal what happened to Khashoggi “in full nakedness” on Tuesday, according to The New York Times.

But while the firing of al-Qahtani may have been intended to set him up as a “fall guy” in Khashoggi’s killing, according to Reuters the move could backfire on bin Salman, because he has been especially close to and reliant on his top aide, who once said, “Do you think I make decisions without guidance? I am an employee and a faithful executor of the orders of my lord the king and my lord the faithful crown prince.”

The involvement of al-Qahtani, if the Reuters story proves accurate, would appear to flatly contradict the assertion made Sunday by Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir, who called the slaying of the journalist — who was a frequent and outspoken critic of the Saudi regime — “a rogue operation,” according to a USA Today report.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2018 02:23
Colonel Saheb, I am really confused between Narcissism and Takabbur. Is Narcissism curable.What is the difference between the two? Is Pharaoh a narcissits? Can You please start a separte thread on Narcissism(If possible)? Was-Salam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2018 11:02

ummatcaring wrote:
View original post

We believe in the words of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) in Saheeh Bukhari “There is no disease that Allah has sent down except that He also has sent down its treatment.”

Diseases can be physical as we all as mental.

I am not a Sufi so no idea how Takabbur is diagnosed and treated and this is the domain of Mashaykh like Dr76 etc.

As far as Narcissism is concerned, it can be treated and does it gets treated:

www.goodtherapy.org/blog/arduous-work-of-treating-narciss...

www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-perso...

But in the case of both Takabbur and Narcissism, the most important and the basic step is to come to terms with the fact that the person has a problem. The reason Narcissism (and Takabbur from little I know) is so hard to treat is that in both cases the person is so much in love with themselves and their opinion that they cannot admit that they have a problem.

Then even when personal and circumstances of life prove that they have a problem they think that they are suitable and capable enough to deal with it themselves and need no outside intervention. There is nobody on the outside who is capable enough to understand or treat them.

I will tell you a personal issue between myself and Mufti Amjad. I disagree with the analysis of Mufti Amjad here:

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/minutes2sunset/

I have spoken to him in great detail about this article and his recommendations and I disagree. I have tried to delve into the matter and look at him as a person:

1. He is a Mufti
  2. He is a scientists of great repute
  3. Professionally, he is more competent in grading and evaluating scientific studies then I am.
  4. I also see his point of view (of caution) from Fiqh

But can I bring myself to admit that I am wrong? No! My Nafs is clinging to small crumbs of disagreements that I have a point (which I may do) but in the grand scheme of things lets evaluate our positions:

1. His caution will ensure that fasting of Muslims is safe
  2. My position may be technically correct but it will require extreme precision and may put fasting of Muslims in doubt.

But my Nafs cannot accept defeat. So I have a problem which needs to be discussed BUT my Nafs clings to technical discussions and scientific data instead of actually addressing the root cause of the problem.

So we all have problems. The difficulty is admitting to a problem then you can think about solving it.

This is the single biggest issue with Narcissism and Takabuur. The advantage we Muslims have Alhumdolillah is that we have Fear of Allah Ta’ala and we know that we will be reckoned on the day of judgement. This should over-ride all other considerations.

+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2018 14:02
Jazakallahu Khairan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2018 23:33
Uncle muadh sab. Is there a fuller version of that talk by Molana Salman Nadwi ? It seems to cut off at the end....
No post ratings