Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, Maripat, Eliza Zegham, sipraomer, Taalibah, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#226 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 15:39
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I was under the impression he did not have a chance to perform Hajj ?

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#227 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 15:40
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Translation:

The effect of the infinite power of Allah ta'ala which we have after seeing the sea is probably not possible with anything else. Apart from the civil and spiritual benefits of Hajj of the house of Allah, one big moral benefit is to experience and appreciate the horrible waves of ocean and its terrifying endlessness, which causes an arrogant person to believe that he is absolutely insignificant. Every word of the lawgiver of Islam صلى الله عليه وسلم is worth sacrificing everything. 

May my father and my mother be sacrificed on you O Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم! 

Now the coast is coming near and in a few hours our ship will reach Aden. What do I tell about the enthusiasm and desire created in the heart by the imagination of the Arabian coast, the heart desires that I make my eyes bright by the glimpse. 

O Allah! the worth of the blessed soil of Madinah!

Even the Sun goes there headlong (to honour the land)

O the pure soil of Arab, congratulations to you! You were a stone which was rejected by the architects of dunya, but Allah knows what magic an orphan child did, that you became the foundation of the culture and civilization of the modern world! Your deserts have seen thousands of blessed footprints and the shadows of your date palms have provided protection to thousands of auliya and Sulemans from the burning Sun. I wish the soil of my characterless body blends with the particles of your sand and fly aimlessly in your deserts and this wandering becomes the expiation for the gloomy days of my life! I wish I get looted in your deserts and after getting free of all provisions of this world I start walking in your blazing Sun without caring about the feet ulcers, I reach the pure land where the loving sound of the azan of Bilal RA used to reverberate in the streets. 

From Aden date: 12 September 

Writer: Muhammad Iqbal
+6 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#228 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 15:44
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah

Wonderful translation
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#229 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 15:49
ALIF wrote:
View original post

It was a part of the letter to Maulvi Insha-ullah Khan which he composed during his journey for Hajj, but I will confirm InshaAllah.

Authorizer Edit: Correction posted below
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#230 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 16:04
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

How beautifully he writes :

حرم جز قبلہ قلب و نظر نیست
طواف او طواف بام و در نیست
میان ما و بیت الله رمزیست
کہ جبريلِ اميں را ھم خبر نیست
(ارمغان حجاز)

(Haram is not but a direction for hearts and minds.Tawaaf is not the whirling around the construction of bricks.There is a secret between Kaaba and us that is not known even to Jibreel).
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#231 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 16:20
ا wrote:
There is a secret between Kaaba and us that is not known even to Jibreel

Is this a fact or just poetry coming from the writer?

There's a thread Tawaf somewhere, will have to take a look in case there's any mention of its secrecy.

Authorizer Edit: Link for Tawaf thread www.muftisays.com/forums/62-hajj/6991-what-is-tawaf-and-w...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#232 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 16:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I was saying that I've not been influenced by my school. School portrayed Sir Syed as a hero and a scholar of Islam but I don't agree with everything we read about Sir Syed.

Anyways coming to the main point. Where did I say I have problems with Turkish people? I'm asking for the second time, please answer. I have no issues with Turkish people who regard him as a national hero. I don't know why you are making this point.

Ok I agree what Shaykh Sudais did was worse but what Imran Khan said about "Ghazi" Ataturk was also wrong, and I understand you're favouring him because of his ignorance. Fair enough.

Quote:
Turkish people (religious people included) DO NOT view Ata-Turk as a Kaafir or a Jew at all; it is YOUR & SIPRAOMER's perspective and of course both of you are entitled to your opinion.

I do not hold this belief, why are accusing me falsely? If someone else wrote this about you, you would have become very aggressive and your post would be full of "You have slandered me" and what not.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#233 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 16:51
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

It is obviously the 'imagination' of a poetic mind..

There are no mystic secrets in our Din,Syedena Rasoolullah صَلِّ الله عليه و سلم displayed it all in open,in masjid and bazaars,in khutba,s and private talks,from the hilltop,in festivals,in the privacy of his home and in the gatherings of Sahaba,in peace time and during wars,till nothing was left which was essential for us to know.

جَزَا اللہُ عَنَّا سیدنا مُحَمَّداً (صل اللہ علیہ وسلم) مَّا ھُوَ اَھْلُه​
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#234 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 17:26
I think that I gave links for what I said about Mustafa Kamal but I think it's no use to play the flute...

It is not MY fatwa. lol.

I think members here are very well educated and can read English.

So please READ! My request to humans only. Not Buffaloes! Lol

jamiat.org.za/mustafa-kemal-ataturk-jew-muslim-or-non-mus...
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#235 [Permalink] Posted on 9th January 2019 19:39

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Not saying that either.

Trying to say repeatedly, two dead simple things:

1. Turks DUE TO THEIR EDUCATION system may not even be aware of what Ata-Turks actually did
  2. Even the ones who are aware and well familiar with the history of their own country DO NOT hold him to be a Jew or a Kaafir…They deem him to be a person who made mistakes (abundantly)

It is bring written in plain simple and easy to understand English.

Putting 1 & 2 together Imran Khan did nothing wrong in the Parliament of Turkey when Erdogan and his Shaykh (HA) do not hold the same views as you do.

Just try to understand the perspective from the other side.

1. NOT blaming you for your views
  2. NOT defending Ata-Turk
  3. NOT belittling the damage he inflicted
  4. NOT defending Imran Khan

Just trying to make you see that the matter is different when viewed from a Turkish point of view.

P.S: Simply put, your reaction to Imran's actions are due to YOUR VIEWS and he has not done that badly when considered according to TURKISH (LOCAL) Ulama!

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

After Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA) you don’t need to quote XYZ, Shaykh (RA) is an authority. NEVERTHELESS, Turkish Ulama and Mashaykh DO NOT ALL consider him to be a Jew or a Kaafir! They know their country, their history, their lineage, their language etc

I know that you understand this in DEAD SIMPLE PLAIN ENGLISH language but you want to :lol to turn and distract attention away from discussing your inadequacies.

You can simply say that YOU CHOOSE to believe Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (RA) who didn’t know Turkish language etc OVER local scholars and Mashaykh but that will dent your ego.

When I wrote what you are quoting back to me (today) 20+ years ago, I did not know about the facts (like you don’t today).

1. NOT blaming you for your views
  2. NOT defending Ata-Turk
  3. NOT belittling the damage he inflicted
  4. NOT defending Imran Khan

Just trying to make you see that the matter is different when viewed from a Turkish point of view.

I understand that the Fitnah in your heart will twist my words in your mind and you will quote it wrongly in other threads but Insha’Allah that is between you and Allah Ta’ala.

What I am saying that Turkish Ulama and Masyakh DO NOT hold this to be true.

+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#236 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2019 06:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

lol! You have got a good sense of humour. No I won't quote you. There is no need for me to quote you in other threads. I have given links which back up my statement. If you disagree with the links I provided then it is fine with me. I don't care if Turkish ulema believe him to be a kafir or not. If his actions were kufr or lead him to kufr and some ulema believe him to be a kafir and some don't based upon their own analysis then it's a matter of difference of opinion. I just stated what some other ulema stated. This idea or belief is not my creation. So after it, I will leave this matter to Allah.

Mufti Taqi Uthmani And Mufti Shafi Uthmani Rh are giants but I disagree with them on the issue of democracy and my disagreement isn't my creation but some other giants also hold that view. Their reasoning based on Quran and Sunnah appeals to me more so I agree with them in this issue. So nothing wrong with that.

You have your own evidence and I have my own. For you your believes and for me my believes.

My intentions are known only by Allah or me myself. So I disregard the opinion of xyz that what I am going to do in other threads or what I am going to do in future. Only Allah has the ilm of Ghayb.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#237 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2019 08:49
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

I'm sorry I was wrong. Allama Iqbal wrote this letter whilst travelling to England. He had a great desire to perform Hajj but it was never materialised due to continuous illness during the last years of his life.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#238 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2019 09:10
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

There must be some hikma of Allah swt in it that he could not go for Hajj.His love for the prophet pbuh was so intense that it could be beyond his physical strength to absorb the emotional shock of his presence in the blessed land. His book ‘Armaghan e Hijaz’ is a testimony to it...

May Allah bless his soul and give him high stations in Jannat. Amin
+0 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#239 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2019 10:26
For those who believe the deeds of Allama Iqbal RA did not match his love for the prophet صَلِّ الله عليه و سلم:

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (6780):

It was narrated from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab that there was a man at the time of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) whose name was ‘Abdullah, but his nickname was Himaar (donkey), and he used to make the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) laugh. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had had him flogged for drinking, then he was brought one day and he commanded that he be flogged, and a man who was there said, “O Allah, curse him, how often he is brought [for this reason]!” But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Do not curse him, for by Allah what I know about him is that he loves Allah and His Messenger.”

True love is still acknowledged and appreciated....our Rabb is شكور (appreciative)....
+5 -0Like x 3Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#240 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2019 10:31
ALIF wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah for posting this.
+0 -0Ameen x 1

Jump to page: