Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, dr76
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2017 11:36

Richard E. Gallagher, M.D.

A board-certified psychiatrist in private practice in Hawthorne, New York, and Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at New York Medical College. He is also on the faculties of the Columbia University Psychoanalytic Institute and a Roman Catholic seminary. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Princeton University, magna cum laude in Classics, and trained in Psychiatry at the Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Gallagher is the only American psychiatrist to have been a consistent U.S. delegate to the International Association of Exorcists, and has addressed its plenary session.

Amid widespread confusion and skepticism about the subject, the chief goal of this article is to document a contemporary and clear-cut case of demonic possession. Even those who doubt such a phenomenon exists may find the following example rather persuasive. For clergy, or indeed anyone involved in the spiritual or psychological care of others, it is equally critical, however, to recognize the many and infinitely more common "counterfeits" (i.e., false assignations) of demonic influence or attack as well.

Article

Among the Many Counterfeits, a Case of Demonic Possession

Interview

Halalified YT Audio

(Dr) Mufti Abdur-Rahman Mangera (HA)

Listen to this Bayan after reading above...

Halalified YT Audio

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 14:57

Humans are composed of physical body and a soul. When you are affected by Jinn or Black Magic you will have two separate effects on yourself.

1. Physical Effects: You may suffer from physical ailments and symptoms e.g. weight loss, Diarrhoea, trouble concentrating, memory loss etc. Medications which affect a non-suffering patient will equally affect you e.g. during a severe episode a powerful sedative or injection will knock you unconscious or make you drowsy. Over the counter medications will affect you and many patients take medications.
  2. Spiritual Effects: You may have nightmares etc. Your physical medications can suppress some of these. I know patients who take heavy sedatives and prescription tranquilisers which you knock you out and you will sleep like a baby. You may have also hear voices, things may touch you etc. and everybody else in the room will not notice it. You can even have a 24/7 CCTV Camera and play it back and there will be nothing!

Common Symptoms:

You may experience some or all of them regardless of whether you are Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Christian or Atheist

1. Disturbed Sleep
  2. Nightmares
  3. Inability to concentrate
  4. Irritation
  5. Anger/Mood Swings
  6. Unexplained phsyical health issues

Common Treatment:

This may help your symptoms regardless of whether you are Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Christian or Atheist

1. Take showers and stay super-clean
  2. Ensure that your clothes are super-clean
  3. Start working out and build up to intense Cardio workouts
  4. Change your diet and use healthy diet
  5. Don't drink a lot of water between sunset and sleep
  6. Stay extremely fragrant
  7. Use Incense or strong oils in the House
  8. Listen to Qur'aan on headphones (as loud as possible) and as often as possible
  9. Don't stay alone
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 15:11

Personal Ijtehaad:

A patient under the influence of Jinn/Black Magic often behaves exactly the same way as someone who is drunk or under the influence of drugs. When a person become sober many times they have limited or no memory of what happens to them during a particular timeframe.

We also know that Shaytaan runs in your blood and has access to your bloodstream.

Therefore it is my personal opinion that if there were Muslim Health professionals looking into this OR maybe someday we will discover a blood test for people who are afflicted. It makes logical sense after studying and looking at the the symptoms of these patients.

Those who are in the fields of exorcism (or whatever you want to call it), rely on tell-tale symptoms and it varies from person to person. I have a strong feeling that there must be tests we can run (may be in the future) and make conclusive remarks.   

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 17:13
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Interesting suggestion.. :-)

Most of those patients arriving with abnormal/ altered behavior are subjected to lab checks to rule out substance abuse, medical conditions which cause depressive symptoms etc..

let alone Sihr / Psychiatry, many poor chaps are brought in with unusual allegations..

once i came across a bed in the ED with a 'Psychiatry' board attached outside the curtain.. out of curiosity i took his file wherein was written " he was found telling about his religion to other people". That sounded weird and i stepped in to see an old Arab man.. asked him what happened.. said he was only telling others about Bangladesh ijtema and they brought him here !!

Few months back they brought a young Yemeni student with abnormal behavior.. i dont know what happened to him.. the moment he saw me, held my hand tightly and placed it over his head.. saying Ya Shaikh iam afflicted with Sihr do something.. do something.. Seriously i felt bad that day.. i told him iam not a shaikh and could not do anything..

(even if i wanted to do dam or give him water i could not since i was surrounded by nurses etc)

we definitely need good Amils.. but to find a lab test ruling out sihr seems far away.. since we are quite behind even at diagnosing mental health disorders by lab tests..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 17:39
dr76 wrote:
View original post

One can consider ‘sihr’ in such cases by a process of exclusion,meaning by ruling out all the physical causes,electrolyte disturbances and ‘set’ psychiatric patterns. Indeed it is difficult,costly and time consuming and in the end we may still be unsure...

It is a good research topic though...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 17:45
ALIF wrote:
View original post

True..
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2018 18:13
dr76 wrote:
View original post

As an after thought...

Doctors do differentiate between ‘seizures’ and ‘pseudo-seizures’ by checking planters after seizure (up going in true seizures and normal in pseudo-seizures) and looking for raised serum lactate
(high in true seizures and normal in pseudo). A person afflicted by sihr or Jin May also have fits but here serum lactate is more likely to be high as well because the one possessed by Jin is not faking it,hence he does get muscle injury and therefore raised serum lactate...

I don’t know if the planters will be up going or not ? Any experience of it doctor sb ?

Similarly it will be interesting to know if the EEG (electroencephalography) show any specific changes in those possessed by Jin ? I have a feeling that EEG might give us a clue once the doctors start looking for Jin signs in it.

Sihr,on the other hand,classically affects “imagination” ( مخیّلہ) hence I don’t expect any physical evidence of it
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2018 10:00

dr76 wrote:
View original post

ALIF wrote:
View original post

Lab tests are only good if you know what you are looking for. Generally, most Doctors don't believe in Sihr/Jinn etc so they don't look for it. Dr76 is right that we are too far away from any sort of tests

I don't know what we should be looking for but a lot of patients have no seizures.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2018 10:46

What should you do?

I have experienced Muslims running from person to person for over 3 decades on “assumed” problems with black Magic, Jinn possession. The issue is our time has become endemic because there are YouTube videos of people taking out Jinns (women speaking in strange voices etc).

Let me talk to you straight as I am overwhelmed with emails, messages on this topic.

Jinns are real, Black Magic is real and Nadhar is real! However the Power of Allah Ta’ala triumphs over all evil. When you go from one person to person your belief shifts from Allah Ta’ala TO specific people who can provide you the cure.

Then you get disappointed and lose hope and it gets worse and worse. I have seen enough people lose HOPE and then leave Islam and still not get cured at all.

A vast number of people have mental Health problems, they may also have possession issues (in addition) OR may have none. Take mental Health seriously!

Only Allah Ta’ala has knowledge of the unseen, there is NOBODY on this planet who can tell you that you have been affected by Jinns/Black Magic etc for sure and it is their BEST GUESS. When anyone gives you very specific information that your Aunty has done Black Magic on you etc, it’s time for you to disconnect and move on because there is NO WAY they can tell you that.

Even when you are affected by Jinn/Black Magic you can still manage to live with your symptoms and manage yourself. It is NOT the end of the world, the end of the world is you losing hope and getting disheartened.

Allah Ta’ala is testing you, turn to Allah Ta’ala in devotion, cry to Allah Ta’ala, make Dua to Allah Ta’ala and be patient. 

Rely upon Allah Ta’ala.

[65:3]...And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him...

Treatment?

Qur'aan and loads of sincere Duas.

Patience?

Finally, a question is then put to me that I have been patient for 10 years, how long more? Your job is to be patient and make Dua and be a servant of Allah Ta’ala.

Being patient is not about being passive or submissive, it is about being actively submitting in servitude to Allah Ta'ala.

+6 -0Like x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
Dunya
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 14th October 2018 04:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Why is staying alone a problem? Just curious?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2018 14:38
NaqshBandh wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

As mentioned in Hadeeth (excerpt from a salafi site):

" It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If people knew what I know about being alone, no rider would travel at night by himself.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2998).

Imam Ahmad رحمة الله عليه narrated this hadeeth in al-Musnad (2/91) with some additional material in which it says:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade being alone, for a man to spend the night alone or travel alone.

But this report is regarded as shadhdh (odd), and it is superseded by the report of al-Bukhaari for two reasons:

(a) The report of al-Bukhaari was narrated by nine of the companions of ‘Aasim ibn Muhammad ibn Zayd ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar from his father from Ibn ‘Umar, all of whom mention travelling only and not spending the night. Only one of the students of ‘Aasim ibn Muhammad, namely ‘Abd al-Waahid ibn Waasil, mentioned the prohibition on spending the night alone. Although he was thiqah (trustworthy), the report narrated by many thiqaat supersedes his report .

(b) This is indicated by a similar report from Ahmad, although the narrator does not mention the specific wording of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), unlike the report of the majority.

Hence the editors of Musnad Ahmad (9/467), and Shaykh Muqbil al-Waadi’i in Ahadeeth Mu’allah (249), ruled that the report of ‘Abd al-Waahid is shaadh (odd), unlike Shaykh al-Albaani who ruled that it is saheeh, as stated in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (60).

The prohibition on spending the night alone was narrated in a mursal report from ‘Ata’, as was narrated by Abu Dawood in Kitaab al-Maraaseel (380) and Ibn Abi Shaybah in al-Musannaf (7/726). "

" The prohibition on spending the night alone was also narrated in some saheeh reports. It was narrated that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: No man should travel alone or sleep in a house on his own.” End quote.

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (1/130).

Imam Ahmadرحمة الله عليه was asked about a man spending the night alone. He said: I prefer him to avoid that. Quoted from al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (1/428) "

(Link)

duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2020 16:02
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2020 16:11
I didn't know you guys called them "Jinn". We call them "khatmal" here in Pakistan.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2020 16:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Ya Allah!!! how is this related to martyrdom of Hazrath Hussain RA.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2020 16:19
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

What's the difference?
No post ratings