Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Qadhaa chart

You have contributed 5.9% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Mujaahid, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Jinn, the fake shaykh, Yasin
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2005 01:45
UPDATED.
Check attachment.
Qadhaa Chart.doc
Downloads: 4504
    [290.00 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2005 17:18
Assalamualaykum,

JazakAllah khair for the chart Brother and welcome to Mufti Says.

I hope that ( I don't mean any disrespect to your kind efforts to put this on here) none of us will have to fill these in.
Salah is something so precious and important and it will be the first thing that will be questioned about in our graves. May Allah save us from it's punishment. Ameen.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
dunya
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2005 18:28
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah,

Jazakallah khair ursis for sharing such a beneficial resource with us all..I had a look at it and Mashallah it's a great way for those who may be finding it difficult to become steadfats with their salah to actually try and pray their salah on time without making it Qadha Inshallah. May Allah Ta'ala reward you for all those who benefit from this. Ameen.

Emphaiss on the followmg points however...

sister muslimah_89:

Quote:
Salah is something so precious and important and it will be the first thing that will be questioned about in our graves.[/quote]

[quote]Ursis: The Chart is not to be used as an excuse for missing Salaah. There are many punishments mentioned in Ahaadeeth for those who make a Salaah Qadhaa deliberately.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2005 01:44

Jazakumullah khairun for the response and feed back. It was very encouraging to read, MashaAllah. I too hope and pray that people don't have to resort to using this chart (just so that they are punctual in all their Salaat).

The sad fact is, however, that unfortunately, many have already lost, before realizing the value and importance of Salaat. They are now punctual and steadfast, with the thought of praying their qadhaa in the back of their minds, not knowing how to or when. This chart is kind of like a push for them, saying 'here you have the instructions and the help, now what excuse do you have?' (well that's how it was for me). So i suppose this chart was designed more for those.

May Almighty Allah Ta'ala forgive, and guide us all.

As for the effort i can't take credit, as i mentioned, i received this as an email.

please remember in Duas,

Wassalam.

ps. my sn is ursis = your sis(ter) , lol i'm not a brother, Jazakillah for the welcome though.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 4th December 2005 10:20
Wa alaykum Salam warahmatullah,

BarakAllah Fi,

Quote:

May Almighty Allah Ta'ala forgive, and guide us all.
[/quote]
Ameen wa thuma ameen.

[quote]
ps. my sn is ursis = your sis(ter) , lol i'm not a brother, Jazakillah for the welcome though.

Afwan sister, it's the second time I've done that :$, please do forgive me for my silly mistakes. Once again welcome to Mufti Says.

Remember me in ur duaas

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd June 2011 10:21
I was about to start a new thread and post a chart for Qadha Salah, but naturaly I did a search first and found this.

The link above is not working but I have a pdf that I am trying to upload.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd June 2011 10:27
The sin of missing a Salaah intentionaly is extremly great. According to Hadeeth such a person even though he pays the Salaah back later will remain in Jahannam for a period of 1 Huqb which is equal to 70 years of this world. Imagine the punishment for one who completly neglects it. Salaah will also be the first things to be reconded for on the day of
Qiyaamat.

Missing Salaah but performing it later is very bad but not as bad as missing it completly. Insha Allah by paying our missed Salaah back and making taubah to Allah through his mercy He will forgive us.
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2011 11:12
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2011 12:15
The Salafi say that there is NO Qadha and that is because of the Hanbali Madhab. There is no Qadha in the Hanbali Madhab, but according to Imam Ahmed, the person becomes a KAAFIR and his Nikah breaks, so, what would someone want:

1: Make up his Salah.
2: Never Miss Salah.
3: Lose the wife and "possibly" get the head chopped!

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2011 12:33
The position of all four Sunni schools is that it is obligatory (fard) to make up all missed prayers, regardless of why they were missed. Prayer is the first thing we will be questioned about on the Day of Judgement, as the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) informed us in sound narrations.

Imam Nawawi رضي الله عنه stated:

"There is consensus (ijma`) of the scholars whose opinion counts that whoever leaves a prayer intentionally must make it up. Abu Muhammad Ali Ibn Hazm differed with them on this, saying that such an individual cannot ever make them up and it is not at all valid to make them up. Rather, he said, one must do much good works and voluntary prayer in order that one s scales be heavied on the day of judgement and one must seek Allah s forgiveness and repent. This position of his, along with being in opposition to scholarly consensus (ijma`), is invalid in terms of the proof.

Among the proofs for the obligation to makeup is: that if makeup prayers are obligatory for the one who left the prayer forgetfully, then doing so for the one who left the prayer deliberately is more obviously incumbent." [Majmu` Sharh al-Muhadhdhab (3.86)]

Imam Nawawi is referring here to the hadith related by Anas that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said:

"Whoever forgets a prayer must perform it when they remember it." [Bukhari (597); Muslim (684)]

After Imam Nawawi's time, the aberrant position of Ibn Hazm was embraced by certain individuals and soundly rejected by the scholars in their time and after.

Faraz Rabbani.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2011 12:38

"Seifeddine-M" wrote:
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer must perform it when they remember it.” [Bukhari (597); Muslim (684)]

This is the evidence I use for those who say, "Its gone, so its gone"

Qadhaa Umri Chart.pdf
Downloads: 708
    [608.90 kB] Qadhaa Chart
No post ratings
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2011 18:41
Salaam Alaykum

I have heard that there can be a certain way in which qazaa namaz can be prayed. For example, in ruku and sajda, only 1 tasbeeh needs to be prayed rather than 3 or 5.

Can some one clarify, confirm, or give more information on this.

Although we may be praying namaz evry day now, what about the namaz we missed from the age of puberty when we became Baaligh.
No post ratings
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2011 18:43
Why cant I download the pdf without being a member?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2011 18:56
Anonymous wrote:
Salaam Alaykum

I have heard that there can be a certain way in which qazaa namaz can be prayed. For example, in ruku and sajda, only 1 tasbeeh needs to be prayed rather than 3 or 5.

Can some one clarify, confirm, or give more information on this.

Although we may be praying namaz evry day now, what about the namaz we missed from the age of puberty when we became Baaligh.

Wa alaykum us-salaam wa rahmatullah,

From: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?68253-Some-questions-about-qada-salat

For the people who have many years of missed Salahs. There is a way to pray them quickly. Following instructions have four exeptions and has all Fards and Wajibs for a complete Salat. Please pray your Qaza as soon as possible. Even of you could pray one days Qaza Salahs every day which are only 20 rakahs (3 wajib witr), please do it. It only takes few mins to perform 20 rakahs according to the following instructions.

1) In Ruku and Sajdah instead of reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem" and "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" three times, say it only once. But make sure do not leave Ruku poster untill the Meem (M) of Azeem has been said properly. Similarly do not leave the posture of Sajdah until Ala has been said completely. Just make sure to say these Tasbeehaat properly and do not rush.

2) In third and four Rakah of Fard Salah instead of reciting the whole Soorah Fatiha say, "Subhan Allah" three times and go to Ruku, . Make sure "Subhan Allah" has been recited three times properly, do not rush. This exeption is only for Fard. In third rakah of Witr it's a must to recite full Soorah Fatiha followed by at least three ayahs of Quran or a soorah (as we usually do in first and second rakah).

3) In last Qaidah (when we sit for Attahyyat) before Salam, after Attahyyat instead of full Durood and Dua just say, "Allah Humma Salle Ala Sayedena Mohammad Wa Aalihi", then finish the Salat with Salam. Dua is not a must here.

4) In Witr, instead of full Dua-e-Qunoot just say "Rabbigh Fir Lee" one or three times.

and:

a) Calculation.

i) [Age at which you started reading full salat] - [Age of puberty] = no. of years to make up. eg: 20 - 13 = 7yrs.
ii) no of yrs x 365 = no of days to make up. eg: 7 x 365 = 2555
iii) DONT PANIC!!
iv) (for lucky females) Calculate days of hayd/nifas [average length of your monthly period] x [months of missed salat] + [length of post-preg bleeding]. Then take away from total. eg: 7 x [7x12] + 36 = 624. 2555-624 = 1931
v) Take away any times when you definitely know you read salat, eg: Ramadan, Hajj, religious frenzies. eg: Hajj at 17: 6 weeks-1week hayd = 35 days; a period of two months where you read all your salat: 8 weeks - 2 weeks hayd = 42dys. 1931 - 35 - 42 = 1854.

NB: It gets slightly confusing if you used to read particular salat. If, for example, you always read fajr and maghrib during Ramadan, then you need to take this into account.

b) Performance

There are usually two methods people use. The first is to read a qada salat after the corresponding current prayer, and the second is to make up a particular number of prayers at a certain time each day. Personally, I strongly favour method 2, because with method 1:

i) you're pretty much limiting yourself to one day of make-up's each day. Don't give shaytan a excuse to slow you down/make you give up.
ii) it's fine at fajr time, but just you wait till you arrive at isha, 11pm, after a hard day's work, and you find yourself with 4 fard / 3 witr qada prayers to make up!
iii) if through extenuating circumstances you miss one, it can really mess up your calcuations.

With method 2, if you decide (for example) to read 1 days-worth a day, you can set yourself a realistic goal of 20 rakats, which you can read all at one go, when you're fresh and free. It doesn't take longer than 15mins (unless you go for sura baqarah/sura ali imran!). When I did it, I used to aim for 3 days a day at the times when I was free. Sometimes I would do more, sometimes less.

c) Monitoring. Very important.

i) Keep a diary and note down your make-ups religiously (no pun intended).
ii) It's much easier to do them in sets of days (or at least 1/2 days - 10 rakas).
iii) At the end of each month, tot up your days and subtract from the total. eg: April 05: 60days. 1864-60 = 1804.
iv) Sit back (metaphorically) and watch those calories just drop off! (sorry, too many painful infomercials).

When you have more time, increase the number; and don't feel bad at the inevitable times when you will reduce the number or stop for a while. The secret is that, like the tortoise, you keep plugging away.

d) Internal.

i) Keep your hope and determination strong. You will finish, insha-allah, some day... This is not a deen-intensive, for most people it is a long-term project.
ii) Continually repent to Allah for your missed prayers. Tauba is the secret of every spiritual station on the Way. If you can, probably the best time for this is before or after your qada session.
ii) If you die in the process, have hope that the All-Merciful will accept your efforts and absolve you of your debt to him, for He is all-Forgiving and Free from need.
+4 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2011 19:18
Jazakallah for the above, any references. Although the link provided a reference with Mukhtasar al Quduri, I think this reference was for the details on salah after Asr and not the above method. I can see the logic behind such a method.
No post ratings