Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

rebuilding the kabah

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 12:11
salam

i was thinking wouldnt it now be a good time to destroy and rebuild the kabah according to how rasoolullah (saw) wanted? i know king haroon rashid رضي الله عنه wanted to make it back to how abdullah bin zubair رضي الله عنه built it with two doors, and doors lowered to ground level as well as covering the hateem area but was told by I think imam maalik رضي الله عنه not to do it as it would become a play thing for the later kings. now that its been centuries since its been changed and muslims now all know how it should be why not make it back to its original dimensions?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 12:14
It was the desire of the Prophet to rebuild it, however he didn't for some reasons. After the demise of the Prophet (saw), one of the men rebuilt it, and then demolished it after learning what the Prophet (saw) said after his desire.

More details in the Makkah history thread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 13:00
i know the history, rasoolullah (saw) left it how it was as the people of makkah had only embraced islam and had he changed it they may have found it hard to accept. but know i would 99% of the muslims know how the prophet (saw) wanted it and i cant see many if any being upset if it was changed
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 17:14
Some notes taken from the History Thread

Quote:
• Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) rebuilt the Holy Kabah after it had been burnt and ruined by catapult-fire in the era of Yazeed Ibn Muawiyah. He reconstructed it in the same style that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) had originally wanted. This was confirmed in a Hadith narrated by A'isha (may Allah be pleased with her). It was cube shaped and constructed on the foundation stones of Abraham (peace be upon him). He set up a door each on the eastern and western sides, in addition, he added three wooden pillars to support the two ceilings, which are extant today. The height was increased to twenty-seven cubits.[/quote]

Quote:
• Quraish were the first to alter the building of the Holy Ka'bah area-wise. This took place five years before the mission of the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him). Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) restored it to its original area in 65 H., but Al-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf AI-Thaqafi brought it back to its status during the Quraishi era.[/quote]

Quote:
When Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) completed the construction of the Holy Ka'bah on the 17th of Rajah, 64 or 65 H., he painted its interior and exterior walls with musk and ambergris. He curtained the inside and outside with raw silk and spread all remaining stones around it. He performed his Umrah from Al-Taniem and asked people to do the same. He asked people to slaughter camels, if they could afford it, as charity in praise and gratitude to Allah, the Almighty. Makkans still perform this particular Umrah in Rajab every year.

More detailed info

[quote]The time lapse between the construction by Abraham (peace be upon him) and the re-construction by Quraish was about 2645 years, and between the renovation by Quraish and Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) was 82 years. The time lapse between the construction by Ibn AI-Zubair and AI-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf was 10 years, and between the works of AI-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf and AI-Sultan Murad, 569 years. The time lapse between the construction by Al-Sultan Murad and the comprehensive renovation by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz was 377 years

[quote]History books mention eleven builders who rebuilt the Sacred House. Some of these views are presumptive while others are indisputable. But among those who were mentioned to have built the Holy Ka'bah are the following:
1. The Angels (peace be upon them).
2. Adam (peace be upon him). It was said that it was built by Adam (peace be upon him) assisted by the Angels (peace be upon them).
3. Seth Ibn Adam (peace be upon them).
4. Abraham in collaboration with his son Ismail (peace be upon them).
5. AI-Amaliqah.
6. Jurhum.
7. Qusai, the fourth grandfather of Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace be upon him).
8. Quraish. Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace be upon him) was present during this construction and participated, five years before his mission, by carrying the stones with the help of his uncle AI-Abbas to the site of the building. He also played a wise role in settling who was eligible to put the Black Stone in its place.
9. Abdullah lbn Al-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) in the year 65 H. This was after the siege of AI-Husayn Ibn Numair, who came with his army on behalf of Yazeed Ibn Muawiyah to wage war against lbn AI-Zubair. He attacked the Holy Ka'bah with catapults, causing its walls to collapse and burn. This necessitated its complete demolition and reconstruction after the withdrawal of Al-Husayn and his army.
10. AI-Hajjaj in the year 74 H. In fact, the construction by AI-Hajjaj is not considered as a comprehensive addition as it was only the demolition of the additions made by Ibn AI-Zubair.
11. The Ottoman Sultan, Murad Khan, in the year 1040 H., after most of the sides of the Holy Ka'bah were destroyed as a consequence of heavy rains and torrents which flooded Makkah on the afternoon and evening of Thursday 20th Sha'ban, 1039 H.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 20:42
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Islam has been in that region now for 1438+ years. Do you think that the same logic didn't occur in someone else's mind?

From Sahabah to Ottomans until now.

Jzk
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 22:32
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Well it occured to abdullah bin zubair رضي الله عنه and haroon rasheed رضي الله عنه hence their attempt to change it. Had the tyrant hajjaj bin yusuf not undone what ibn zubair رضي الله عنه did it would have been same and as how prophet (saw) wanted. Also now every muslim knows the kabah is not how the prophet intended it so i doubt any would object to it and nor would the saudi royals want to keep breaking and building each time they ascend throne. They rather be remembered for who can make makkah into las vagas and squander the wealth of the ummah
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2016 12:54

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

OK to lets rephrase the question slightly but the same point remains.

Has this thought not occured to anyone else since then?

No post ratings
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2016 14:12
I'd like to quote my respected bro....partially suits this thread :)

mkdon101 wrote:
exactly what is the purpose of this thread? apart from making my blood boil i dont see any benefit in spread the misery, humiliation and attacks muslims face worldwide, especially on a forum where non of us are in any position to do anything.

Lol.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2016 16:45
ali wrote:
View original post

Purpose of thread is to knw why the kabah hasnt been built how the prophet (saw). Im not saying it has to be done and current structure is haram. But for muslims who always moan and go on abt how we should follow quran sunnah and do whar pleases the messenger i thought this be first place to start.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2016 18:35
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

The answer already given is that this isn't an original idea.

The reason for leaving Kabah AS-IS is because people will toy around with rebuilding along the original foundations and the current structure.

Earlier generations had this tussle and after a few tries someone had the presence of mind to leave it.

They knew about the Hadeeth but saw the issue via Trial & Error.

You seem to think that this Hadeeth and History was recently discovered OR that it has become common Knowledge in September 2016.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2016 23:24
that is true but in the last 20 or so years it seems the kings of today are more concerned about toying around with hotels and a sorroundings. each one wants to make a skyscrapper and hotel to be remembers by so should someone now make the kabah as it should be i cant imagine any king coming along and wanted to make it against how the prophet did out of sheer ego. anyway this discussion seems to have reached its conclusion, i just wanted to know if since haroon rashids time there had been any attempts to change and if no why. i guess the kabah will remain how it until its destroyed towards end of times.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2018 19:26
I can't post in this section, www.muftisays.com/forums/55-members-research-group/11840-...

So I'll post here.

Brothers who are asking this question, let me ask you.

Who will take responsibility of the project?

Ahle Saud, mkdon's favourite?
Prince Mohammed bin Salman?
The Trump administration?
The UN?
NATO?
crISIS?
The Israeli Capital project?

Why do we want the world to make a laughing stock out of us?
No post ratings