• Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) rebuilt the Holy Kabah after it had been burnt and ruined by catapult-fire in the era of Yazeed Ibn Muawiyah. He reconstructed it in the same style that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) had originally wanted. This was confirmed in a Hadith narrated by A'isha (may Allah be pleased with her). It was cube shaped and constructed on the foundation stones of Abraham (peace be upon him). He set up a door each on the eastern and western sides, in addition, he added three wooden pillars to support the two ceilings, which are extant today. The height was increased to twenty-seven cubits.[/quote]
• Quraish were the first to alter the building of the Holy Ka'bah area-wise. This took place five years before the mission of the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him). Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) restored it to its original area in 65 H., but Al-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf AI-Thaqafi brought it back to its status during the Quraishi era.[/quote]
When Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) completed the construction of the Holy Ka'bah on the 17th of Rajah, 64 or 65 H., he painted its interior and exterior walls with musk and ambergris. He curtained the inside and outside with raw silk and spread all remaining stones around it. He performed his Umrah from Al-Taniem and asked people to do the same. He asked people to slaughter camels, if they could afford it, as charity in praise and gratitude to Allah, the Almighty. Makkans still perform this particular Umrah in Rajab every year.
More detailed info
[quote]The time lapse between the construction by Abraham (peace be upon him) and the re-construction by Quraish was about 2645 years, and between the renovation by Quraish and Abdullah Ibn AI-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) was 82 years. The time lapse between the construction by Ibn AI-Zubair and AI-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf was 10 years, and between the works of AI-Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf and AI-Sultan Murad, 569 years. The time lapse between the construction by Al-Sultan Murad and the comprehensive renovation by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz was 377 years
[quote]History books mention eleven builders who rebuilt the Sacred House. Some of these views are presumptive while others are indisputable. But among those who were mentioned to have built the Holy Ka'bah are the following:
1. The Angels (peace be upon them).
2. Adam (peace be upon him). It was said that it was built by Adam (peace be upon him) assisted by the Angels (peace be upon them).
3. Seth Ibn Adam (peace be upon them).
4. Abraham in collaboration with his son Ismail (peace be upon them).
7. Qusai, the fourth grandfather of Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace be upon him).
8. Quraish. Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace be upon him) was present during this construction and participated, five years before his mission, by carrying the stones with the help of his uncle AI-Abbas to the site of the building. He also played a wise role in settling who was eligible to put the Black Stone in its place.
9. Abdullah lbn Al-Zubair (may Allah be pleased with them) in the year 65 H. This was after the siege of AI-Husayn Ibn Numair, who came with his army on behalf of Yazeed Ibn Muawiyah to wage war against lbn AI-Zubair. He attacked the Holy Ka'bah with catapults, causing its walls to collapse and burn. This necessitated its complete demolition and reconstruction after the withdrawal of Al-Husayn and his army.
10. AI-Hajjaj in the year 74 H. In fact, the construction by AI-Hajjaj is not considered as a comprehensive addition as it was only the demolition of the additions made by Ibn AI-Zubair.
11. The Ottoman Sultan, Murad Khan
, in the year 1040 H., after most of the sides of the Holy Ka'bah were destroyed as a consequence of heavy rains and torrents which flooded Makkah on the afternoon and evening of Thursday 20th Sha'ban, 1039 H.