Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 14:36
(salam)

I've had an issue over the past few weeks where all my email coming from MuftiSays have been ending up in the "SPAM" folder.

I tried saving the email address in the address book, that didn't help!

I moved all the emails back to the inbox, that didn't help!

Finally, googled the issue and for nd out that Google has decided that MuftiSays is sending too many emails ;-)

(By the way, my emails are coming to Gmail)

I couldn't do much via the phone, so I logged onto the computer to see what I could do.

There is a link within the spam emails that will help you try and sort this out by telling Google that MuftiSays isn't spam.

I went through this process last nite but emails were still going to spam, but all of a sudden today, I started getting notifications for PMs, so let's hope that's solved it.

If your having the same issues, give this method a go too.

جزاك الله خيرا
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 14:45
This is how its coming up Muftisays.com Forums no-reply@muftisays.com viaweb18.extendcp.co.uk

No matter what I do about taking it back out from the spam folder and marking it as important, it still ends up there.

I took a look into a link that came with the email support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858?hl=en-GB&ctx=mail&...

Why messages are marked as Spam

Gmail has an automated system that helps detect spam by identifying viruses and suspicious messages, finding patterns across messages, and learning from what Gmail users like you commonly mark as spam.
If you click your Spam label and open one of the messages, you'll see a message at the top with a brief explanation about why that particular message was placed in Spam. Use this information to protect yourself from potentially dangerous or fraudulent messages and to better understand why a message was or wasn't marked as spam.
Here are some of the explanations that you might see:
Phishing scams
Some spammers send fraudulent messages that try to trick you into sharing personal information like passwords or credit card numbers. This practice is called phishing.
What you need to know:
We strongly recommend that you avoid clicking links in these messages and do not reply to them. Spammers can send messages that appear to be from a person or company that you know, and might even hack into someone's email and send messages from that account. Therefore, please be wary of these messages, even if you know the sender. Please know that Google will never ask for your password or sensitive information over email.
Actions you can take:
If the message seems like an attempt to get your personal information, help our system learn from such attempts by reporting the message as phishing:
In Gmail, open the message you'd like to report.
Click the down arrow next to "Reply" at the top-right of the message pane.

Select Report Phishing.
If the message is clearly not malicious, you can click the "Not spam" button to move the message out of Spam and into your Inbox. You can also select "Report not phishing" to let us know that the message is legitimate (click the down arrow next to "Reply" to see this option). By marking the message as not spam or phishing, Gmail's system will learn from that example and be more accurate in marking messages in the future. There are also some things you can do to prevent legitimate email from being marked as spam.
Messages from an unconfirmed sender
Spammers can forge a message to make it look like it's sent by a real website or company that you might trust. To help protect you from such messages, Google tries to verify the real sender using email authentication.
The authentication process tries to verify the real sender by looking at a message's authentication data. This data should be included in a message's "signed-by" or "mailed-by" headers (shown beneath the subject line when you look at a message's details). When the sender doesn't include this data, we can't be sure whether or not the message was forged. For example, a message might claim to be from a Gmail address, but we can't confirm that claim if the message doesn't have authentication data.
Several highly-phished domains have asked Gmail to enforce strict authentication checks on their mail. These domains include eBay, Paypal, and Google. All unauthenticated messages from these domains will be immediately sent to the spam folder. For more information, check out the Gmail blog or the DMARC site.
Missing authentication data can appear on legitimate messages as well as malicious ones. For example, Gmail might not be able to verify a message that was sent through a website (like when a friend shares a news article through an online newspaper), a message that was automatically forwarded (like from your school email address to your personal Gmail address), or a message sent to a mailing list.

support.google.com/mail/answer/9008 click here to see what you could do.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 14:50
Legitimate mail is marked as spam

If you find a message wrongly classified as spam, you can unmark the message. Just select the message, and click the Not Spam button that appears at the top and bottom of your current view. Unmarking a message will automatically move it to your inbox.

If you find that some senders' messages are consistently being mislabeled as spam, you can prevent this by:

Adding their email addresses to your Contacts list. Gmail will deliver messages from members of your Contacts list to your inbox, unless we know with high confidence that they are spam.
Some messages sent from contacts which are very clearly spam can be sent directly to your Spam label. More importantly, in some cases messages from contacts will not be sent to Spam but will be marked with a red warning banner if the content is suspicious - for example, your friend's or contact's account has been compromised and used to send phishing messages.
Creating a filter so the messages are never sent to Spam.
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 15:16
Alhamduillah, problem sorted out.

جزاك الله خيرا Bhaijan for the information

As from above posts its clear that some members have marked Muftisays mails as spam due which everyone are facing problem,
So, "A HUMBLE REQUESTS TO ALL USERS, IF YOU DON'T WANT NOTIFICATION MAILS, UNSUBSRIBE IT DON'T MARK IT AS SPAM"
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 15:54
I have blocked MS, SF or any forum updates from my webmail inbox. For security reasons. In some cases I have actually deleted the email that was used to subscribe in the first place. Please don't mind. So I don't really know what happend with my posts or threads, who replies or doesn't unless I specifically go to the thread or user panel alerts.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 16:08
Guys all you need to do is unsubscribe!

I'm getting email alerts for some PMs but not all and all the subscribed threads are going to spam.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 16:21
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Here's how it works.

SF automatically subscribe you to the thread you post on, this can be annoying.

MS automatically only subscribe you to the thread you started ONLY.

If you post on a thread, you don't get notifications unless you select the subscription.

Obviously PMs will go through without subscription.

I always delete the emails once I've received it. This way my inbox remains tidy and I respond to threads ASAP.

Recently, I haven't been able to.

For us authorizers there are certain threads we subscribe to to give us immediate notification, an example was our private discussion in the Authorizer thread. Anytime there was a query, I'd be able to respond within minutes, but now it's gone down to hours :-( so if there is anything anyone can do to stop MuftiSays from being spam, it will be highly appreciated.

جزاك الله خيرا
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 16:29
Also, if someone replies to a thread on which we have subscribed, only one email is sent, thereafter, if we haven't' logged on and seen the thread, NO other email will be sent even if there has been a hundred replies.

Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 16:50
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I understand bro - remember I have deleted the email ID itself not blocked, also things are bit different here. So..

Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 16:59
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Yep, things are a bit different here, Alhumdulillah. But that's due to being able to accommodate to the needs and making the forums as bespoke as possible.

I appreciate your comments about simply deleting the email address and not blocking the email. Jazakallah.
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2014 09:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No no, what I meant by saying things are different here meant the security situation, wasn't referring to MS.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2014 14:28
With over 500 topics subscribed to, it would've been great to be as efficient as I was before. But Alhumdulillah, member2 (sister admin) has managed to sort something out so now I'm getting the notifications, only problem now is to unsubscribe from most of them :-( too much going at the moment.

Screenshot_2014-01-01-14-26-14.png
Downloads: 140
    [195.95 kB]
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 13:02
Salam

Have these been turned off by any chance as I'm not getting any ?

UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 14:18
Wsalam.

I'm getting email alerts so they are on. You won't get email alerts if you're on the site as far as I remember
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 14:23
Alerts are working.

The only time you done get them is if you haven't subscribed or if the thread wasn't opened by you and if you haven't visited that thread after the last post made.

If you are on the site on a different thread, you will still receive the notification

This thread can be merged with a similar one after lunch inshaAllah.
(mmmm)