Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha
UK
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2020 21:03
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Not really. I've been ignored plenty of times before the block feature. Yes they can assume that but there's no way to know 100%. By denying them to post because they're blocked will be 100% confirmation and then there'll be retaliation as threads/posts/anger. Not everyone is in the same place emotionally so it's best to think of the best for both. I don't think blocking them from the threads will be that route.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2020 00:30
Yasin wrote:
View original post

I can understand why you would want to keep it low key. But I still think members will easily find out who has blocked them. If the blocked member persistently quotes the other member and doesn't get a reply then sooner or later it's going to click.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2020 01:47
Yasin wrote:
View original post

I'm blocked from replying in the astronomy, flat earth, and moon landing threads. I still feel hurt by the block. But an admin's got to do what an admin's got to do to keep things running smoothly. Ultimately, all posters are guests on a forum. It is the admins who are the owners, and their say must be final else how will order be maintained? It is better to hurt the feelings of a few if a greater good can be achieved.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2020 21:22
Yasin wrote:
View original post

When it comes to the User "Ssaad", I don't want him banned. But I do want you to do your job, this guy keeps changing topics and keeps opening ridiculous thread after thread.

1. A OPEN thread should be opened for us and him, not just me. This thread should NOT be hidden
  2. He SHOULD be forced to stick to the point, if he changes topics or starts switching languages then we will debate in Urdu
  3. At no point he SHOULD be allowed to derail, change topics or open new threads.

The forum is ruined by one guy. I asked for an "Ignore User" feature but I am personally targetted by hate-mongers instead of looking at the issue.

These people would deny the Tawheed of Allah Ta'ala if it is stated by me if they could.

The Admins have caused the issue at the forum and I am asking them to do their job hold this person to account stop him from disengaging and opening a million threads!

I thought it was a forum policy to not let posts be in "Non-English", I can point you to so many posts where he is posting in broken Urdu and you are allowing it.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2020 21:36
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I don't think it's a language issue. I tried to talk to him in Urdu but he made sure to reply in such an ambiguous manner that I didn't understand a word of it.
UK
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2020 21:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

To be honest it's very difficult to keep track of every thread. This has been mentioned regularly. Half the topics are beyond anything I understand or have any interest in. Even if I read it I don't know if it's right, wrong, Fitnah or what the context is so I can't make any judgement based on this.

When the report feature is used, the person reporting it usually gives me context and I can very easily relate to any rule and remove the post. Then we can keep an eye on it more easily as well.

Members are not banned on the site, only spammers are banned.

I am still unsure what his issues are. If anyone wants to take responsibility to communicate the issues one on one with him then that can be arranged in a private area designed for this purpose. This is where it'll be impossible to go off-topic as I'll be in the middle to ensure it goes in a linear manner with no space to diverge. At the same time posts on the public area of the site can be off-limits during this.

One more note to other members, please don't be rude to him as I've noticed this in a few threads.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2020 22:01
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Splitting threads to debate does not work because it requires people of ethics and morals to work through issues.

This person is opening thread after thread, disengaging from genuine discussions and moving on so pushing him away into private (will not work).

These users (another Pakistani Brother with due respect) offer opinions, wild theories and then disengage and you let them. I don't forget so I chase them in another thread and then I get sanctioned and targetted.

The issue isn't and has never been difference of opinion, it is healthy and allowed in Islam.

The issue is baseless, wild accusations, theories and claims about Islam which are simply not true and need to be challenged, persistent offenders must be hold to account.

This is a public forum but not a rant/moaning forum. I am hated because I try to hold people to account.

Once again, differing with someone isn't the issue. Wild conspiracies are the issue. Admins allowed J@hid on the forum for days/weeks knowing fully well that is is non-sense that was the seed which the Admins allowed knowing fully well that it was non-sense, infact Abu Muhammad and others mocked me for it now reap what the Admins sowed.

No issues with differences of opinion and taking the context and circumstances into consideration.

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf asked me why I chase people on other threads this is the explanation. I asked for a feature to get away from "Fitnah", I was single handedly called out to be "Fitnah-Monger" and days later just about every sane person on the forum is fed-up and at the same stage.

I just analysed it before anyone else and asked for it and got personally targetted. This isn't a discussion thread, its a help thread.

I asked for help and got "targetted".

UK
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2020 15:52
Update:
Blocked members posts will no longer show in "Recent Posts" at the top. If it does show then it means there's replies from others.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2020 08:21
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I wish we had such an option.
UK
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2020 10:22
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Using the "Block User" option will now disable that user from replying to the any thread started by the one who blocked the user.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2020 10:50
Yasin wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا