You have contributed 14.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint Mohammed, sweetmuslimahk1, member2, abu mohammed, Taalibah
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2011 18:03

Assalamu Alaykum,

With the help of funds from members (dedicated funds) and inshaAllah future funds, an effort is being made to relaunch the MSNS we used to have.

MSNS will bring you live streams from your Masjids (Masaajid should contact us to go live). Please push your local Masjid to stream their programmes to benefit people outside the transmission range and sisters.

Masjid-e-Quba of stamford hill are already streaming. Excellent work from them and they are doing the public justice.

More information to follow soon. In the meantime, please enjoy the classic Nasheeds we had that was put together by: muslimah_91, bint Mohammed, member2 and others.

It should appear ^here^ (windows) - if it doesn't, you can try:

mms://livemasjid.net or livemasjid.net

Wassalam

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2011 20:14
MashaAllah.

If I want to listen to a specific Masjid that has signed up for this brilliant service, how can I go direct to their streaming?

Also, when the Masjids switch their transmitters on, does it automatically play thru the stream.

Jazakallah again for this great chance to listen to talks at home and away and at the same time being away from home.

MayAllah reward you for yor great work.

One can not imagine how much reward you will be cashing in on everytime a talk is given, and when they practice upon what they have learnt through what you have streamed. so many people that will benfit from it InshaAllah

InshaAllah, Allah keep all our intentions pure and give us the ability to learn and practice upon what we have learnt.

May Allah reward all those who help keeping this live.

(Is there a way of donating, as this service, although free from you, It must require some funding)
+2 -0Like x 2
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2011 22:25

Masjid Quba is here livemasjid.net/masjidequba

I can listen on iPhone using Fstream with the settings
mms://livemasjid.net/masjidequba/.wma
encoding: WindowsLatin1

Many many thanks for the service

+3 -0Like x 3
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2011 00:45
Jazakallah.

I am hoping the support is strong this time around.

InshaAllah full details will be posted online:
Technical details
How to listen
Supported platforms and formats
List of Masaajid Broadcasting through the servers.

A donation system will also be set up to donate for the cause. As demand increases, so do the amount of servers we will require.

@the question: If the Masjid keeps the stream constantly alive, it should stream everything that is on the PA/mic system. The objective is to get constant streams and not just manual/part time streams.

Jazakallah abu Mohammed

Wassalam
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2011 19:16
Just downloaded xiia lite for Android.

Same process as iPhone. Saved the mms://livemasjid.net/masjid........ Into favorites

Listen in WiFi unless you have unlimited data.

Brilliant, Jazakallah.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2011 02:50
Quote:
There is something strange on MSNS. I was listening to the talk by Mufti saab, on mms, it was the same as the one I uploaded on the salafi hijack, I thought that was strange, then I logged onto the www version and it was different.

Both sites playing 2 different talks from the same mosque at the same time.

As I was saying, I was listening to livemasjid on my mobile using xiia for android. I was streaming from mms://livemasjid.net/masjidequba after Taraweeh (but not after the Taraweeh at Masjid e Quba), and I was able to hear the 3 witr being lead by Maulana Abdus Salaam, I thought that Salah would have been over ages ago. I thought may be I need to refresh as it hasnt buffered properly. Then I checked on the computer using livemasjid.net/masjidequba and it was playing a different talk. So on the computer, I then tried mms://livemasjid.net/masjidequba, and here it was playing the Salafi talk.

Something not right. I thought they would both be the same.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2011 03:05
Just tested it and all channels are functioning properly. The link in your post has a comma at the end so it defaults to main channel if "masjidequba," (with comma) doesn't exist.

Just to confirm, please check your settings ensuring there's no extra spaces or characters at the end.

Jazakallah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2011 03:11
The comma is a typo. I will recheck tomorrow, inshaAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2011 05:09
abu mohammed wrote:
As I was saying, I was listening to livemasjid on my mobile using xiia for android. I was streaming from mms://livemasjid.net/masjidequba after Taraweeh (but not after the Taraweeh at Masjid e Quba), and I was able to hear the 3 witr being lead by Maulana Abdus Salaam, I thought that Salah would have been over ages ago. I thought may be I need to refresh as it hasnt buffered properly. Then I checked on the computer using livemasjid.net/masjidequba and it was playing a different talk. So on the computer, I then tried mms://livemasjid.net/masjidequba, and here it was playing the Salafi talk.

Something not right. I thought they would both be the same.

There is a slight delay in the xiia and the PC.

The transmitter is "LIVE" - live.... (hope you understand what I mean..)

The xiia comes 2nd.

and finally it comes through on the PC.

It is the same - speech talk prayer etc. ( I actually tested this out when MSNS came out - sry for not reporting it here)

Hence if you put all of them on at once... (please do not forget to mute the MSNS livemasjid.net on this page, as definitely something different will be playing here.) it might sound as if three different things are coming on .. sometimes the brain takes time to take in 3 things at once.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2011 08:27
I know tha salafi talk inside out. Maulana Yasin said it was playing, I just gotta figure where. The other talk after Taraweeh was completely new.

Jazakallah for your info. ( the delay between the phone and the pc was only 2 seconds yesterday)
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2011 17:22
Salam,

Te delay is about 2-3 seconds at first and increases slightly the longer it plays. The delay can be more if the stream is playing at higher bit rates.

And finally, the talk was playing on this page, first post. I think i did auto play (apologies for confusion)
No post ratings
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2011 14:43
Salaam,
I have always come on this site to check the Q&A's etc but never really paid much attention to this section until recently. However I can see a lot of effort goes into it so may Allah ta'aala reward you.

Secondly I'm not from the Stamford hill area, so I listen to the live streaming from Musjjd e Quba. ( I don't have a transmitter and I'm not sure it would even be picked up from my location)
p.s I'm a female otherwise I would just go down there.

I listen after asr sometimes, but try as hard as possible not to miss after taraweeh when a speaker gives a translation and tafsir on the Quran they prayed during salah. I just wanted to know does anybody know the name of this moulana. I doubt he is just a moulana, perhaps a mufti? I know its definitely not Mufti Addur Rehman. Jazakallah.
Wa salaam
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2011 15:33
Salaam sister, welcome to the "other side"

The lectures are currently given by Shaykul Hadith Mufti Abdur Raheem Limbada.
No post ratings
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2011 14:03

Jazakallah for letting me know, feel kind of silly because I just saw on the homepage it says spend your itikaaf with mufti Abdur Raheem!
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2011 00:48
MashaAllah, good advertising done by Mufti Abdur raheem during the talk today.

He also mentioned Darul Uloom bury and their talks, it would be good if they can stream too.

No post ratings