Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Disagreements, hatred and the Face Palm!

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Poll

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sharjan8643
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 15:59

Assalam o Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu,

We here on this forum, have gathered together for education and learning about our deen and dunia so that we could make better decisions in our lives which will have good impact on both of the worlds and to avoid bad decisions to prevent negative consequences. There are people of different age, intellect, temperament, mood, intelligence, education, knowledge, skills, environment, culture and resources. Therefore, it is unwise to believe that everybody will grasp the truth in the same manner and in the same amount of time. Some will quickly pick up and some will have to take more time. Also it is not necessary that if one person is right about a certain issue then the other person can't be right if he views that situation differently.

If a person's intention is correct then Allah will guide him to the truth. By truth I mean that truth which matters. For instance, if I don't know the Pythagorean theorem then I won't be punished for not knowing it in the court of Allah. However, I must know the necessary knowledge of foundational aqaid of Islam and my faraidh.

We don't lack resources. And let me EMPHASIZE here we also don't lack men of science. Even if we copycat and reverse engineer like the Chineese do, we will be fine. We don't need to produce inventors (for now). However, we need those real men who have knowledge of the soul. We are as a whole in a very poor spiritual condition. We need a true leader who would install true Aulia in positions of power and authority so that we can be given a correct direction and spiritual training.

The last thing which we want is hatred for our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters. Satan wants to make us fight with each other on petty issues and he will spare no chance when ever he feels that he can influence us the way he wants. Therefore, it is my request to Admin that please make the face palm feature anonymous just like dislike and disagree. There are people who can deal with disagreements professionally. However, there are emotional people like me who can take them seriously and as a personal attack. Therefore, if there is a heating debate going on between two or more than two persons, and if one person's post is being hit by a face palm, that person can guess that who did it. However, it will still be ambiguous if it is anonymous and thus Satan can easily be defeated. However, if it is visible like it is now then it may breed hatred among members and we all certainly don't want this to happen at any cost.

Lastly, I forgive all who have offended me (or I think they have) and I ask forgiveness from all who ever has been offended by me (or they have thought that I have).

I don't want to meet my Lord with heart full of hatred and malice. Love only for Allah and hate only for Allah.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Facepalm x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:14
At first, I also suggested that the facepalm be concealed. However, I thought about it and came to realise that sometimes I need to facepalm (I can't believe I'm saying that) in a positive manner and the person on the other end will know why :)

It's not always a negative thing. Sometimes it can be a positive facepalm showing support.

Another thing - If there are only two people arguing in a thread, that doesn#t mean no one else is reading or has feelings towards the post.

More importantly I guess, if you are facepalmed and you don't know who did it, will it not create doubt or suspicion in your heart on who it could be. Keeping your heart clean in the least.

I've also noticed how the forums have calmed down :)

But, the decision is Admins.

+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:17
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Genuine question: What is so bad about facepalm? It is just an expression of dismay or embarrassment. We do it all the time in real life; is it that negative?
+1 -0Agree x 2Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:20
I have facepalmed you, but is it in support, shame, gest......
+1 -0Like x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:23
Can you add one more option in the vote please :)

You guessed it :)

• Yes! Make it anonymous.
  • No! Let the things as they are.
  • Facepalm.

+0 -0Disagree x 1Facepalm x 2
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:44
I'm happy to go with majority vote. Deadline?
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:55
The OP of this thread doesn't believe in democracy, so no need to go for the majority vote. Just do as you please, admin, you know best, as the Khalifa of this website. :P
+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 2Creative x 1
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 16:55
Sorry I went overboard facepalming every post.

By the way, I'll give a middle ground solution soon inshaAllah
+1 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 17:08
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Red facepalm for negative, you can't be serious, lol type.

Green facepalm for positive acknowledgement :) self acceptance kind, embarrassment.

I would facepalm a post if it was correcting me, I would do it so they know I facepalm myself in embarrassment.

Nothing wrong in that and the member knows it's me so they know I accept and I'm not hiding...
Yes I know, I could hit like, but the positive facepalm will show others another picture.

If I've upset members by suggesting the facepalm rating in the first place, then I'm sincerely facepalmingly apologetic not! :)
+2 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 17:15
Question:
Respected Mufti, I have passed wind through the back passage and could not smell a thing, no one heard it either. Does my wudhu break.

Response
Initial reaction.....FACEPALM
Answer:
بِسْم الله

Yes.

والله اعلم بالصواب

Send reply.......FACEPALM
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 17:23
Oh! I thought face palm means "Talk to my hand expression" which is rude. Now when I googled it, I found that it's meaning is totally different. My bad! Now I facepalm my self in embarrassment. However, the other points I made do make sense I think.
+0 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 17:28
If you are really telling the truth (no doubting you) then change those incorrect facepalms to "informative" "winner" or "like"

;)
+1 -0Creative x 1
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 17:52
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

I'm just the builder. 90% of the site/forum is built on suggestions. And of course I don't go by majority vote, I pan out as many variables as possible to see if it's of good use. Sometimes I misjudge but that's where everyone comes in useful.

Okay I'll start on the middle ground now.

@abu mohammed you're nowhere near with your guess. The middle ground is to do with the solution but maybe better. Let's see if it's simple enough to implement
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 8th February 2019 18:50
you-decide.JPG
Downloads: 101
    [20.31 kB] You Decide
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1