Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Religious Policing in London?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,561
Brother
9,601
abu mohammed's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2015 22:20
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,561
Brother
9,601
abu mohammed's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2015 10:30
Let Jews carry guns for self-protection, leading rabbi urges EU
Published time: January 16, 2015 08:03

The biggest Jewish association in the EU has called on lawmakers in Brussels to let Jewish people carry guns “for the essential protection of their communities” in the aftermath of Paris shootings.

“The Paris attacks, as well as the many challenges and threats which have been presented to the European Jewish community in recent years, have revealed the urgent need to stop talking and start acting,” says a letter written this week by Rabbi Menachem Margolin, general director of the European Jewish Association (EJA), the biggest federation of Jewish organizations all over Europe.

The EJA said the four Jews killed in the Paris grocery store during last week’s attacks in France “were murdered in cold blood for no other reason than being Jewish.”

“We hereby ask that gun licensing laws are reviewed with immediate effect to allow designated people in the Jewish communities and institutions to own weapons for the essential protection of their communities.”

The association also asked the EU authorities to allow the Jewish population to receive “the necessary training to protect their members from potential terror attacks.”

“Let there be no doubt, we are asking that all weapons will be issued for self-protection only, and to designated personnel that will undergo thorough investigation and training by local authorities.”

The letter calls on Brussels to recognize “the warning signs of anti-Semitism, racism, and intolerance that once again threaten Europe and our European ideals.”

“As you know, the danger is that much greater as many Europeans travel abroad to be indoctrinated into radical Islam, before returning to their European homelands to use their militant training to devastating effect.”

Margolin told the Washington Free Beacon website, where the letter was first published that anti-Semitism in Europe has seen a “dramatic increase.”

“We demanded from the European governments some time ago that action should be taken [and] were not surprised to see the results in Paris.”

He said that many Jews are not coming to synagogues as they are afraid that the synagogues might be attacked.

“They’d be more comfortable if they knew people were trained to react in an emergency,” Margolin said.

On Friday, Jewish schools in the Belgian cities of Brussels and Antwerp decided to cancel classes over terror threats.

“We were informed that we are a potential target and therefore we are taking no chances,” Isi Morsel, head teacher of Belgium’s largest Jewish school, Jesode Hatora, told AFP.

‘EU needs anti-Semitism body’
A delegation from the European Jewish Congress (EJC) spoke to EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini on Wednesday, calling on Brussels to create a pan-European body to combat anti-Semitism.

“Now more than ever, the European Union needs to create a position and organization specifically geared toward finding long-lasting solutions for anti-Semitism and other forms of racism,” EJC president Dr. Moshe Kantor said.

Kantor added that it is “incumbent on the European Union to urgently place combating anti-Semitism as one of its highest priorities because this is a hatred that transcends borders and cannot be dealt with by any single nation on its own.”

One of the countries that has attracted thousands of Jews over the last two years is the UK. However, according to a YouGov poll, commissioned by the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism (CAA), Britons are not so tolerant toward the Jewish population, as about 45 percent of Britons hold anti-Semitic views.

Following Charlie Hebdo attacks, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu invited Jews from France and the rest of Europe to immigrate to the state of Israel, referring to what he sees as a “rising tide of anti-Semitism” there.

At least 7,000 Jews immigrated to Israel last year, fearing anti-Semitism in the EU. Israelis officials expect a new influx of immigrants following the Paris attacks.

"On Monday I am going to make Aliyah [the term meaning the immigration of Jews from the diaspora to Israel]," Yohan Cohen, one of the hostages who hid inside a freezer at the kosher grocery store in Paris told AP. "We are not going to wait around here to die."

Source
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Black Turban's avatar
Offline
Bangladesh
1,549
Brother
1,808
Black Turban's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2015 13:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Muslims should demand the same immediately.

Loading tweet
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,561
Brother
9,601
abu mohammed's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2015 21:50
By ADAM WITHNALL
Monday 19 January 2015

The far-right nationalist group Britain First has restarted its campaign of what it calls “Christian Patrols” in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings, drawing widespread condemnation for what experts have described as a desperate push for relevance from a dying organisation.

A video posted to the Britain First Facebook page showed a number of the group’s activists driving through east London in an ex-army issue Land Rover and declaring that they are making “our streets safe for our people”.

Rushanara Ali, the MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, has condemned the display of “hatred and intolerance” that took place in her constituency on Friday night.

Footage of the “patrol” showed the self-proclaimed “street defence” organisation’s chairman Paul Golding and its former parliamentary candidate Jayda Fransen approaching people on the street in Brick Lane and Whitechapel with leaflets calling for the banning of mosques and niqabs.

The leaflets claimed that “Muslim patrols are operating in this area confiscating alcohol and harassing women”, and activists can be seen describing the area they were moving through as “occupied London”.


The footage, which show Golding declaring that their leaflets are “pretty provocative to give out in a Muslim-occupied area”, ultimately ends with a large police presence being called in to prevent violent clashes between the group’s activists and local residents.
It is the first “patrol” carried out by Britain First in around six months, and comes after Government ministers issued a letter to Muslim leaders saying they needed to explain how Islam “can be part of British identity” following terror attacks across northern France that killed 17 people.

The Britain First activists repeatedly describe the East End as 'Muslim-occupied territory'
Matthew Collins, an expert with the campaign group Hope Not Hate who has followed Britain First’s progress for a number of years, said its revival of “Christian Patrols” had the potential to provoke a violent backlash – and that members of the public could well get caught in the crossfire.

He said the group had been “struggling” for both funding and numbers on the ground since its major backer removed his support in the summer, and that they had “no choice” but to bring back the so-called patrols in a last-ditch attempt to attract numbers.

“Britain First’s dream is that they believe a religious war is coming, and lots joined up thinking they’d be part of this bible bashing defence force,” he said.

“It’s turned into a T-shirt making, money-grabbing enterprise – but Golding has set the wheels in motion now and people will react violently.

“He kids people into thinking he is targeting Al-Qaeda, when really he’s winding up ordinary members of the Muslim community – and it will be him that pays the price.

“There’s potential for a backlash, and Britain First will be the target – but anyone could also be a victim of it. He’s putting himself and members of the public at extreme risk.”

“Time and again, people in the East End have come together to reject hatred and intolerance.
“The divisive rhetoric of fringe groups such as ‘Britain First’ has no place in our East End, the proud home to one of the most vibrant and diverse communities in the UK.”

Steve Rose, from the interfaith thinktank Faith Matters, said the relaunch almost a year on from the first “Christian Patrols” and the threat of more around the country had “become an ongoing joke” in their attempts to provoke ordinary Muslims.

“Hints that patrols also took place in other parts of the country demonstrate their opportunism,” he said. “Often, far-right groups are galvanised by trigger events such as the atrocities in Paris in an effort to divide and undermine cohesion when Muslim communities feel on edge.
“This renewed tactic deserves wide condemnation.”

In a brief statement issued on behalf of Tower Hamlets Police, the Met said it was “made aware of a number of people distributing leaflets in the Brick Lane area” on Friday 16 January.
“Officers from Tower Hamlets attended and spoke with the participants,” the statement said, adding that no arrests were made and that the activists left the area “a short time later”.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top