Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Salah at a Barelvi Masjid; GM opinion

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2014 13:52
Ruling was asked on a different forum and Reply was from Shaykh Albanee RA

Remember that The Gair muqallids are hardcore opponents of Bida'a infested Barelvees. And ALSO expect reply from only AUTHENTIC SOURCES.

I Quote:

Salah at Barelvi(masjid) or Deobandi(madrasa) or Home?? Please Help

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

I live in a barelvi muslim area, whenever anyone oppose them, then they are like, 'he is gustak-e-rasool! Hit him!'

The masjids are full of bid'aa doing people,

like the kiss thumps and swip it over their eyes on hearing sallalahu alaihi wassalam

they say darood before adhan and also before ikama,

Moreover they say YA rasool allah in their darood too. After every fajr and juma'a prayer they read naths with that 'ya rasool allah'

and directs to the people to stand, only after hiyyalassalah, because they believe prophet(may peace and blessings be upon him) comes to pray with them or something like that.

And if anyone stands before they shout at him!

They also make a congregational du'a after every farz prayer and after the completion of sunnah.

Should I pray in that masjid?

because it is the only masjid in our area

or should I pray at home, also there is madrasa of tableegh Jama'a (They all know me very well, as I'm ex-tabligh Jama'a and now a Muslim and trying to make drag them in the fold of perfect Islam)

In my point of view, the tablishi people are very very good generous and humble people, but their tauheed of allah is kinda improper
they say allah is omnipresent!

What should I do??

No berelvi/deobandi to put comment her, because
I don't want any dispute,

may peace be upon you all!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reply of Shaykh Albanee is posted here:

From Sheikh Al-Albaani:

Any Imaam who leads the Muslims [in prayer], in any place, whether in a mosque or a musalla, or a house, or any other place, as long as the Muslims praying behind him hold that that Imaam is a Muslim, then their prayer behind him is correct–whatever their opinion about him is, whether in relation to aqidah or in terms of manners and actions.

So as long as his violation in aqidah or manners does not lead them to believe that he has disbelieved and left the fold of Islaam, then their prayer behind him is correct, due to his saying عليه الصلاة والسلام about the Imaams who lead you in prayer, “If they lead the prayer correctly then they and you will receive the rewards, but if they make a mistake, then you will receive the reward for the prayer and the sin will be theirs.” This hadith is in Sahih Bukhari, what does it say? “If they lead the prayer correctly then they and you will receive the rewards, but if they make a mistake, then you will receive the reward for the prayer and the sin will be theirs.” [Bukhaari, no. 694].

But in addition to this, if those who are being led in prayer are discontent with their Imaam in something related to aqidah or manners, then I advise that they try to replace him with someone else, someone better than him, if that is within their ability, and if it isn’t, then Allaah does not burden any soul with more than it can bear.

So it is either within your control or power to distance this Imaam of yours from being the Imaam and to bring someone better than him … this is something obligatory on you, or if the other case is true [i.e., it is not within your power], then your prayer behind him is correct as I told you before.

And through this legislated ruling it is possible for the Muslims to come together despite their differences and for them not to cut off or turn away from each other.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2014 14:58
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2014 15:03

in my family every one is barelvi sunni except my mother,sister & my wife.my father is pakka barelvi ,i am offering salah in deobandi & barelvi masjid .but my father is asking me to offer salah only barelvi masjid,he is telling me that u became wahabi,creating tension in my family my mother is taking my side,he telling that i will give talaq if u take your son side. .and he is asking me to leave deobandi sasjid or himself,is i am doing nafarmani of him.i like jamat.is it right to offer salah behind barelvi imam because they are calling nabi pak as ya rasullah in their darud and before azan is not they doing shirk ?

Answer

(Fatwa: 118/99/L=1432)

Salah shall be valid behind the Barailavi Imam if his beliefs are not of polytheistic, but with karahat-e-tahrimi. It is not lawful to say ‘Ya Rasulullah’ believing the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) omnipresent and omniscient. It is a polytheistic belief.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2014 16:51
Please also see this thread:

www.muftisays.com/forums/55-members-research-group/6206-y...

When dealing with Barelwi, one must be wise and NOT participate in their Biddah if they are doing it.

Use Quran and Hadith as evidence to prove them wrong. An example is given for Ya Muhammad, The Quran tells us not to say it.

There are plenty of threads on Barelwi for you to read up on.

www.muftisays.com/forums/55-members-research-group/4406-b...

www.muftisays.com/forums/76-the-true-salaf-as-saliheen/59...
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2014 20:10
If the barelvi is a kafir which is most probably the case today then there is no prayer behind him. Regarding bidah all scholars say that the prayer is valid. One should also be cautious before praying behind ahle hadeeth. They can be mujassimah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2014 20:44
To all readers, please take note of the IF used in the above post.

Not all Barelwi have the same Aqeedah, and I'm a personal witness to that, just the way not all Deobandi's are the same.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1