Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Arabs are beyond criticisms!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 4.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2014 12:25
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Yes, I agree with you there. One of the reasons why I like islahi gatherings (which are done in the right way) is that the listener will realize his own faults without being exposed and thereafter not feel embarrassed or dishonored in front of people or something...

The brother who said those things about Arabs in the gathering, even though the speaker may have disagreed with him, probably should have taken him to the side after everything was over and discussed with him.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2014 12:32
ahamed_sharif wrote:
View original post

Ahmed Bhai, I love you for the sake of Allah. Jazakallahu Khairan. May Allah protect me from broadcasting the faults of other Muslims.

Here are a couple excerpts from the books, The Fiqh of Da'wah and, Muhammad The Perfect Teacher:

Reform of the Reformers

Another easily achieved thing that will make commanding good and forbidding evil easier is the beautiful character and manners of the reformers themselves. We have elaborated on this point elsewhere in this book, however since the subject has arisen we will make mention of a particular mistake seen in many callers of today. Imam Ibn Jawzi categorize it as the deception of Shaitan of these well-wishers, namely the gloating over others misdeeds and pouring one's scorn upon these unfortunates in front of others. He writes:

And from the Devil's deception upon the reformer is that if he stops an evil he sits in a gathering and details what he did. He boasts and pours scorn upon the wicked. He sends curses upon them even though those people could have repented and may even be better than him due to their remorse and his pride. His speech includes exposing the faults of Muslims because he informs others of what they did not know; however concealing the sins of a Muslim was obligatory - as much as possible. I have heard of a certain man ignorant of how to forbid evil that he storms in upon those he is sure have something. He beats them violently and breaks their bottles, all of which is the consequence of ignorance. As for the one possessing knowledge, you are safe from him.

In forbidding evil the pious predecessors would (almost) forbid without even others noticing. The saint Salih Ibn Ashyam once saw a man beating his wife and said: "Allah sees both of you, may He hide our sins and yours." Once he passed by some people fooling around so he spoke to them saying: "My brothers what do you think of a person who seeks to take a long journey but sleeps through the night and plays through the day time, when will he cover the distance?" One of them realized what he was saying and said: "O people indeed he is counseling us." That man consequently repented and went with him. 41

"Allah sees both of you. May He hide our sins and yours"

The subtlety in these words of the saint is that he alerted the wrong doers to the presence of Allah and His fear without making the irate man his ostensible target as this would only make him react more violently. Secondly, the second part of his statement alerted him that he was sinning by hurting his wife. But note he purposely avoided squarely accusing him of being sinful as that would only lead the irate man retaliating. He achieved this by firstly keeping his address general, he employed the plural pronoun. Secondly, he avoided stating what the sin was and who was committing it. Thirdly, he further made his statement more palatable for the irate man as he cleverly ascribed sinning to his own self. The end result was that the irate man was unable to find a justification to unleash his anger on the saint. But through this nimble Da'wah the saint achieved two lofty aims, which can be difficult to achieve at the best of times, namely he stopped a great evil and gave the wrong doer counsel to rectitude.

41 Ibn Al-Jawzi, Tablis Iblis, page. 183

To be continued....

+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2014 15:26
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaykum

Jazkallahu khair.
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2014 22:27
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Who happens to be the author of that book, "Jaami`ul-Usool"?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 03:15
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 03:56
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

OK, Jazaaka-llaahu khayran for the translation. As you mentioned on SF, the original Arabic PDF can be downloaded here if you click on the floppy disk with the word "tahmeel" (تحميل) under it.
Rank Image
India
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 14:01
@Black Turban
Karguzari of TJ is aimed at 'islah' of the 'discussed-area'; and criticism or finding faults isnt intended at all.

What's your intention to criticise Arabs and inviting others to criticise them, Allah سبحانه وتعالى knows best.

Do you intend to do their islah by this discussion?
Or
Do you want to make us aware of what we don't know?
Or
Do you intend to discuss this issue for the sake of discussion?

I'm against the Arab rulers but not against the common Arabs as most of them are the sons and daughters of Hazrat Sahaba ikram رضي الله عنه

Plz change the title of this topic.

I've brought this issue in cognizance of a mufti sahab. He told me that:

'you can discuss the uyoob of a fasiq and fajir before others and it isnt an act of backbiting provided that:

a: it's intended to protect other people from his shuroor
b: his islah with ikhlas

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 14:38
Assalaamu Alaykum

After 80 odd posts I still do not see any concrete conclusion on the matter. Hence, it seems like a futile activity and time would be better spent on dhikr or da'wah.

Was-salam
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 15:10
afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

Brother Sulaiman, Ahamed_Sharif and Arfatzafar sound intelligent and theirs post do make sense. I pray Brother Black Turban see the point.

ahamed_sharif wrote:
View original post

Why did you edit and remove the content from your post brother? I had read it, was conveying the good message, MashaAllah, just like brother Sulaiman's and brother Arfatzafar's post.

Wassalam.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 17:00
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

After repeated clarifications and explanation still replies are same as before.

Why can't you understand that:

1. NO ONE here is accusing each and every Arabic speaking person.

2. NO ONE here is unaware of the fact that backbiting, slander are major sins.

3. NO ONE here is defaming TJ.

4. NO ONE is intending to speak ill of descendants of Rasulullaah (saw) and Sahabah رضي الله عنهم.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 17:02
afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

Unfortunately you've understood the reality.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 17:06

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 18:04
Too long didn't read all that.. Sorry.

Your son does something wrong. What do you do? Talk about him in the whole world or you make duas for himand talk to him about it in a nice manner ?

And talk to someone who can actually help or do something positive about it?one can actually feel the love and concern ..
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 18:05
Brother BT, on the one hand you are saying, that you are not referring to all Arabs and only the leaders. But on the other, you are still insisting on generalizing by still using Arabs instead of Arab leaders. Obviously, this will lead to confusion and futile discussion. Just my observation...
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2014 19:08
Sorry peeps I don't get this thread, what is the point of it?

Jump to page: