Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Islam Channel & Haram activities

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,598
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2014 21:35
A few years ago, I was called up once by Islam Channel (since I left my phone number with a charity they ran)

I told them what I thought of their activities at the time and how I disliked some of the organisational activities etc.

They denied any role and said they couldn't control what others do, ok fair enough.

Nothing really happened about it back then. But now I think I should say something.

I happened to catch a bit of their broadcast and I was surprised to see/hear music in one of the adverts. The advertiser was about a restaurant or something, along the lines of "regents....."

I was sickened by the music they played as this particular tune is supposedly a well known music tune from Bollywood and I heard that this bit plays everyday just before iftar.

Astagfirullah.

Why does an Islamic channel need Haram to fund them through advertising?

Allah knows best what other haram activities they get up to in the name of Islam.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2014 21:43
This reminds me of the charity nasheed shows, having no idea about the background of a sister I knew, she sent a message about this specific event, I ignored it, so she phoned, and I said I didn't respond because I wasn't interested, and in fact was totally against such events and gave a list of reasons. Didn't go down too well, had no idea her father was the organizer :-(
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,011
Brother
881
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 12:41
The problem is that the deobandi channel has major issues as well. The deobandi channel should focus on dawah but it's main focus seems fundraising. It is pretty lame with limited shows, muslim aunties phoning in and borderline flirting. Unless we can provide alternatives hardly any point objecting as people shall not pay attention.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
the fake shaykh's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
304
Brother
688
the fake shaykh's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 13:45
The channel you are referring to has a good base and can build from that, the flirting bit is a problem, hearing things like "molana saab i am so happy to see you and hear your voice, your my favourite ect"

but overall with a bit more direction it can really become a better channel
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Creative x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,011
Brother
881
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 14:05
the fake shaykh wrote:
View original post

shaykh problem is do a comparison with the other channels. Content, presentation, diversity of programmes etc. It cannot compete. Off-course hardcore deobandis will stick to it but will it bring in the neutrals? Still it is a good endevour. I heard they have a bengali version of the channel as well? Might as well make a gujrati one as well.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
the fake shaykh's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
304
Brother
688
the fake shaykh's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 14:41
gujerati channel? haro vat che....

I know what you mean when its compared to other channels, definitely needs improvement but overall its got its foot in and has added some programmes but does need to add more and be more creative.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,598
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 15:42
the fake shaykh wrote:
View original post

I guess the callers should get through to a receptionist first and they should be told not to behave unislamicly and then be put through, especially if it is a live call.

It will be a BIGGER issue if the "molana saab" blushes or smiles back.

I can picture you guys now looking out for it :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
back to top
Rank Image
the fake shaykh's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
304
Brother
688
the fake shaykh's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 18:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Shaykh hasan ali has a funny clip on this, let me try to find

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
the fake shaykh's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
304
Brother
688
the fake shaykh's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 18:22
Halalified YT Audio
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,598
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2014 19:28
excellent!

InshaAllah I'll update the above post with the halalified code and also replace the mobile version of the url, I guess there are various types of url's and Maulana has only implemented one of them. (I need to make the change via PC, inshaAllah tomorrow)

[youtubeaudio]link[/youtubeaudio]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top