Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Final conversation of Rasoolalah (saw) with Jibreel ?

You have contributed 4.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, dr76, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 15:29
Salam

I'm looking for the final conversation that took place between Rasoolalah (saw) and Jibreel (as), when he was on his death bed and was crying for the Ummah.

Need to verify something, anyone know where I can find it ??
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 15:39
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 15:42
This doesn't contain the conversation but you may find it beneficial.

www.muftisays.com/forums/55-members-research-group/6120-t...

I think I do have a blog post or thread on this because I received an email which contained a lot of things in there which didn't sound correct, so I remember writing about it. I may have just replied to all via email or something, but I definitely did do it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 15:47
Jinn wrote:
View original post

That's something like what was sent to me. I didn't accept it as there was something wrong in the story.

The Prophet passed away in the lap of Aisha رضى الله عنها, he asked for a miswak which again Aisha رضى الله عنها chewed for him!

Where are all those details, therefore I concluded that the email originated from a Shia perspective.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 15:57
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 16:09
I've just found the email which contains the same narration from the link you have provided and together with it was my reply, recreated here.

Sent: 08 September 2009 15:41
To:
Subject: RE: Last Word of Nabi Kareem S.A.W... Must Read and Forward to All

Please Always check what you are sending is Sahih. Especialy when it comes to Islam. This does not mean that I am correct. below is another version of what took place. Surely we have all heard that the Prophet asked for a miswak on his death bed. please read it all.

from Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum(THE SEALED NECTAR) I have a copy of this book is anyone would like to read it

The Last Day Alive
In a narration by Anas bin Malik, he said: "While the Muslims were performing the dawn prayer on Monday - led by Abu Bakr, they were surprised to see the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] raising the curtain of 'Aishah's room. He looked at them while they were praying aligned properly and smiled cheerfully. Seeing him, Abu Bakr withdrew to join the lines and give way to him to lead the prayer. For he thought that the Prophet [pbuh] wanted to go out and pray." Anas said: "The Muslims, who were praying, were so delighted that they were almost too enraptured at their prayers. The Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] made them a gesture to continue their prayer, went into the room and drew down the curtain." [ibid 2/640]
The Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] did not live for the next prayer time.

When it was daytime, the Prophet [pbuh] called Fatimah and told her something in a secret voice that made her cry. Then he whispered to her something else which made her laugh. 'Aishah enquired from her after the Prophet's death, as to this weeping and laughing to which Fatimah replied: "The first time he disclosed to me that he would not recover from his illness and I wept. Then he told me that I would be the first of his family to join him, so I laughed." [Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/638]

He gave Fatimah glad tidings that she would become the lady of all women of the world. [Rahmat-ul-lil'alameen 1/282]
Fatimah witnessed the great pain that afflicted her father. So she said: "What great pain my father is in!". To these words, the Prophet [pbuh] remarked:

"He will not suffer any more when today is over." [Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/641]

He asked that Al-Hasan and Al-Husain be brought to him. He kissed them and recommended that they be looked after. He asked to see his wives. They were brought to him. He preached them and told them to remember Allâh. Pain grew so much severe that the trace of poison he had at Khaibar came to light. It was so sore that he said to 'Aishah: "I still feel the painful effect of that food I tasted at Khaibar. I feel as if death is approaching." [ibid 2/637] He ordered the people to perform the prayers and be attentive to slaves. He repeated it several times. [ibid 2/637]

The Prophet [pbuh] breathes his Last
When the pangs of death started, 'Aishah leant him against her. She used to say: One of Allâh's bounties upon me is that the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] died in my house, while I am still alive. He died between my chest and neck while he was leaning against me. Allâh has mixed his saliva with mine at his death. For 'Abdur Rahman - the son of Abu Bakr - came in with a Siwak (i.e. the root of a desert plant used for brushing teeth) in his hand, while I was leaning the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] against me. I noticed that he was looking at the Siwak, so I asked him - for I knew that he wanted it - "Would you like me to take it for you?" He nodded in agreement. I took it and gave it to him. As it was too hard for him, I asked him "Shall I soften it for you?" He nodded in agreement. So I softened it with my saliva and he passed it (on his teeth).

In another version it is said: "So he brushed (Istanna) his teeth as nice as he could." There was a water container (Rakwa) available at his hand with some water in. He put his hand in it and wiped his face with it and said:

"There is no god but Allâh. Death is full of agonies." [Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/640]
As soon as he had finished his Siwak brushing, he raised his hand or his finger up, looked upwards to the ceiling and moved his lips. So 'Aishah listened to him. She heard him say: "With those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace with the Prophets and the Truthful ones (As-Siddeeqeen), the martyrs and the good doers. O Allâh, forgive me and have mercy upon me and join me to the Companionship on high." [ibid 2/638-641] Then at intervals he uttered these words: "The most exalted Companionship on high. To Allâh we turn and to Him we turn back for help and last abode." This event took place at high morning time on Monday, the twelfth of Rabi' Al-Awwal, in the eleventh year of Al-Hijrah. He was sixty-three years and four days old when he died.
The last words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) - before he bade farewell to this world - were: "O Allaah, (with) the higher companions". This is the title that al-Bukhaari gave to a chapter in Kitaab al-Maghaazi in his Saheeh: "The last words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)", where he quoted the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: When the Prophet was healthy, he used to say, "No soul of a Prophet is taken until he has been shown his place in Paradise and then he is given the choice." When death approached him while his head was on my thigh, he became unconscious and then recovered consciousness. He then looked at the ceiling of the house and said, "O Allaah! (with) the highest companions." I said (to myself), "He is not going to choose (to stay with) us." Then I understood what he meant when he said that to us when he was healthy. The last words he spoke were, "O Allaah! (with) the highest companions."
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4463; Muslim, 2444.

There is a report narrated by Ahmad (1691) from the hadeeth of Abu 'Ubaydah, who said that the last words that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke were, "Expel the Jews of the Hijaaz and Najraan from the Arabian Peninsula, and know that the most evil of people are those who took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship." This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, no. 1132. And Abu Dawood (5156)and Ibn Maajah (2698) narrated that 'Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The last words that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke were, "The prayer, the prayer! And fear Allaah with regard to those whom your right hands possess." This was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood. And there are other similar ahaadeeth. What is meant by these reports is that these are some of the last things that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, or they were the last pieces of advice that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave to his family and companions, and those who would be in authority after he was gone. These ahaadeeth are among the last things he said, but the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah is the last of all.
See Fayd al-Qadeer by al-Manaawi, 5/250 - 251.

Note: al-Suhayli said: the reason why these - "O Allaah, (with) the higher companions" - were the last words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is because they refer both to Tawheed and to dhikr in the heart. It offers comfort to those who are unable to speak (when dying), because some people may not be able to speak out loud for some reason, but that does not matter if their hearts are steadfast in remembering Allaah.

Please pass the message on to whom you have sent it to and get it checked by a Scholar.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 16:10
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

True need to get it verified ..

Thd other links are beautiful but I don't think they answer my question brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 16:11
We've replied at the same time, I believe wat you are looking for is posted above now
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 16:15
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Jazakala for that akhi

But it don't mention anything about the conversation with Jibreel ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 16:23
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Quote:
These ahaadeeth are among the last things he said, but the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah is the last of all.
See Fayd al-Qadeer by al-Manaawi, 5/250 - 251.

Was there anything in specific that you heard, because there is a lot lies out there spread by the Shia. There could also be things that we have not come across yet, so any hint as to what you need clarification on may help inshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 16:52
I've just taken another look into "Siratun Nabi (saw)" volume 2 page 152 onwards and didn't see anything about the conversation with jibreel (as).

The narration is almost the same as what I've already posted, but slightly lengthier.

Siratun Nabi (saw) Allama Shibli Nomani & Syed Suleman Nadvi.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 19:37
السلام عليكم

@ Bro Jinn

I looked through the book Buzrugon ke Wisaal ke Ahwaal by Shaikh ul Hadeeth Hazrat Maulana Yousuf Motala sahab db .. he has given a detailed account of His (saw) last moments.. with references.. but No mention of this conversation..

The other book i saw was Muqtada Islam aur Sufiya karam ke Aakhri lamhaat by Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Ruhullah Naqshbandi sahab db... he has given in length the conversation u mentioned.. but No references are given..

The book i would like to refer at such times would be Nuqoosh Rasool (saw) number.. The most extensive work on Seerat spreading 13 volumes.. ( Alas.. its at my little library back home)

khair im just posting the excerpts of Muqtada e Islam.. if someone has the references then plz provide.. ... sorry bro cannot translate at the moment..

(bism1)

+5 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 19:54
Bro Janaan (SF) had given a short intro on the Nuqoosh.. By Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Tufail sahab db..

" NAQOOSH is such an extensive book that it is not easy even to write the names of the subjects under various headings. Alhamdolillah,I have all the 13 Volumes,and I have studied most of it in months,not in days or weeks.
If I had Just to give you a 'feel' of it, I tried to name some topics from volume one only ,these are in Urdu....and don,t expect me to be able to translate.

A) TECHNIQUE

1) SEERAT ki jamiyyat ke chand usool

2) Seerat nigari ke chand aham pehlu

3) SEERAT nigari ke chand pehlu

4) SEERAT nigari ki zimadariyan

B)SEERAT ka bunyadi muwad

1) Hama Quran DAR Shane Muhammad (saw)
(Ayat related to SEERAT from Surae Fatiha to wannas, a complete book in it's own right.)

2) Nabuwatt e Muhammadi (saw) par Quran me Istidlal

3) Peghambare insaniyyat khuda ki nazar me

4)Quran se 'Mazhare Nabuwatt' ki tashreeh

5)SEERAT e Rasool (saw) Quran ki Roshni me ( Again a separately published book by Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabadi رحمة الله عليه )

-Risalat o Bashariyyat

-muaserin

-Munafeqin

-Momenin

6) Qurane Hakim aur Ata'ate Rasool (saw)

7) Nabi Karim (saw) ka maqsade busat Quran ki Roshni me

8) Kitabullah,Muhammad Rasool ullah,Wallazina ma'ahu

9) Ahde nabawi (saw) me Quran Majeed ki tarteeb o tadween

C) SEERAT KA DAURE AWWAL

SEERAT Nigarane Rasool (saw)

1) Urwa Ibne Zubair- Pehle SEERAT nigar

2) Ibne Ishaq aur Seerate Rasoolullah (saw)

3) Ibne Hasham aur SEERAT e Ibne Hasham

4) Tabqate Ibne Saad

5) Tareekh e Yaqoobi

6) Ibne Hazm al undlasi aur Jawame aseerat

7) Ibne Abdul Barr- "Addurr fi ikhtisarel maghazi was siyyar"

8) Qazi Ayazz

9) Ibne Katheer

10) Allama Yousuf Ibne Ismail al nibhani

11) Ibn al Jouzi aur sawanehe Rasool

12) Rasool e Akram ke SEERAT nigar.

D) SEERAT KI AWWALEEN KITABAIN AUR UNKE MUWALLIFEEN

1) Ibne Usman*

2) Urwa Ibne Zubair

3) Shurjail Ibne Saad

4) wahab Ibne Munabbah

5) Abdullah Ibne Abi Bakr Ibne Hazm

6) Asma Ibne Umar

7) Ibne Shahab Al Zuhri

8) Musa Ibne Uqba

9) Muammar Ibne Rashid

10) Muhammad Ibne Ishaq

11) Abu Ma'ashar as sandi

12) Al Waqidi

13) Muhammad Ibne Saad.

Link
+3 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 20:02
(bism1)
''As Gabriel a.s. came down on the Prophet (saw) , he informed him that the Angel of Death is at the door asking for his permission to come to him. He has never asked for anyone¡¯s permission before, and so the Prophet (saw) said, let him come in. The Angel of Death came in and said Assalam to the Prophet (saw) . He said, ¡°Allah سبحانه وتعالى sent me to you to let you choose between staying here on Earth or being with Allah سبحانه وتعالى .¡±

The prophet (saw) chose to be with his creator, Allah سبحانه وتعالى . The Angel of Death stood at his head and said, ¡°Oh, beautiful soul, soul of Mohammad (saw) , come out to your satisfied lord.¡± Aisha (RAA) had said that the Prophet¡¯s (saw) hand fell and she felt his head get heavy in her chest; knowing that he died.''

and now Plz see following links:
islamqa.info/en/71400
daruliftabirmingham.co.uk/did-the-angel-of-death-take-per...
+5 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 6th July 2014 20:11
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Interesting, the islamqa version (Salafi) is more inclined towards the rest of the findings. It is being cautious and one shouldn't attribute something to the Prophet (saw) without certainty.

Allahu alum
+1 -0Like x 1