Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Unnecessary interactions of ghayr-mahram?

Jump to page:

You have contributed 2.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha, abuzayd2k, sharjan8643
4 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#106 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:10
Yoh, 14-15 hours a DAY?!!

That's laziness personified.

Muftisays should employ this guy... at least give him a job and make him work.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 1Creative x 3Old x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#107 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:12

I said this before to Maulana Yasin (HA) specifically but as a general warning to everyone.

We have Deobandees in our midst who do very little constructive but are at the forefront of destructive activities of other Deobandees. Sunniforum is a fine example of destruction! Note the way people are targeted and refuted and its nothing but pure destruction.

This isn’t the mentality of our Akabir but Saudi mentality i.e. there may be some “Shirk” at some so we will BULLDOZE every single Islamic (historic) site! Problem solved...

+2 -0Winner x 1Old x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#108 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:14
Apologies brother Jinn.

I have had to report the post simply to hide the ideas of other unheard of forums, just in case some moron decides to check them out if you know what I mean.

If Maulana sees it fit, then it will be restored. Its just my gut feeling without even reading the whole post.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#109 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:17
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No worries akhii, you do whats right.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#110 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:20
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

What's even funnier is they create all this noise saying this fatwa and that fatwa but when the fatwa comes against the forum, hardly anyone takes notice of it lol. You'll still see the same members posting :D

Same happened with SF, I didn't see no one leaving.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#111 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 11:28
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Exactly not only with forums but a number of Fatwaas and many don't seem to be following it, at all...
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#112 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 12:08
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Not true. When the first fatwa was posted on SF, i know a few people who left the forum completely. Some even went to the extent of deleting their previous posts.

Yes, everyone's not the same. You do get those rare people who's actions match their words.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#113 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 12:44
mmb786 wrote:
View original post

A few exceptions I guess.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#114 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 17:58
Assalamu alaykum, everyone.
I pray that you are all well.

I do not like to intervene where it is not my business but I hope you can take some benefit from this.

It is time for us as Muslims to move on from these issues as there has been ample of discussions about it and it is void of barakah because each side wants to dominate the other and intend to change their view to conform with their own. We know this is not possible and won't ever be because it is the decree of Allah that this nation will have disagreements yet He called us the best of nations.

We must learn to look at the issues that the Ummah on a larger scale is being affected by and to amend that. No doubt, juristical differences are necessary to be discussed but by those who have proficiency and the requirements to do so (which entails knowledge of the sciences of Islam).

Whenever a scholar uses foul language as a means time and again in his/her verdicts, one must stay away from it as this was not the way or recommendation of the Prophet (s) which is what the scholar calls others to adopt (i.e. the sunnah in its entirety).

We must remember that there are students of sacred knowledge and scholars who devote their lives to it present, thus we provide constructive discussions with knowledge rather than dumb down rhetoric.

Seekers of knowledge or scholars who disagree with each other know that they are simply disagreeing with love and sincere concern for each other. It is others who cause the riff-raff among the scholars.

Clearly, Shaykh Ahmad Sadeq Desai has been erroneous in many of his verdicts with ugly language that had it been someone from the other group (which ever group one belongs to, their opposite), one would have highlighted their displeasure at the scholars' way of expression. This doesn't remove any love one may have for Shaykh Ahmad Sadiq Desai, but this religion's propogation is the duty of every Muslim and specifically those endowed with knowledge. They have a greater responsibility to these things when a scholar behaves like this.

And I do not understand why does not any scholar go to the Shaykh and inform him that he has erred in judging these forums and that he is breaking one of the basic manners of issuing a verdict by not finding out the matter that the questioner comes forth with it. These issues can simply be avoided by one of the scholars or student who lives in South Africa can visit the Shaykh and advise him to not answer these types of questioners as he lacks knowledge of how these forums are run. If we do not know of something correctly, it is better to abstain from commenting on it thoroughly.

One can find numerous examples in works like Hilyat al-Awliya' or Siyar A'lam al-Nubala' wherein great scholars of the past disagreed with each other (at times harshly) yet it was only in the sphere of religious knowledge and not as a brother to each other. This is even found today if one just puts the effort to find out. One such example is the great scholar and seeker of Hadith and Fiqh, Mufti Taqi al-'Uthmani and his gatherings with Shaykh 'Abdullah ibn Bayyah and others.

When one attaches to personalities rather than the knowledge of a person, then this creates great imbalance because one forgets what his objective is in following that body of scholars (which is to draw closer to Allah ultimately). At the same time, one cannot brush aside some of these errors by way of husn al-dhann and if one justifies that, he is guilty of being unjust to himself in the end because it will harm him and his faith the most. Much of what I said, brother Mu'adh Khan has been trying to reiterate.

I hope everyone take some benefit from this and move on to do beneficial things with their time and not harbour any feelings against those who disagree with.

- IQ.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#115 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 19:14
ibnulqayyim wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah, interesting.

As brother Muadh mentioned in a different thread, Mufti Saab uses language that he is familiar with and what is used from where he is and rightly so.

Mufti AS Desai, one of the great icons of today, maybe harsh in his language, but that is what the youth understands and that is what strikes them.

We are only having this discussion because it involves us, MuftiSays and recent incidents.

The use of language is very important and needs to be put across according to how one understands it.

The answers given are in accordance to the questions, otherwise, other fatwa's are filled with wisdom and heart melting advice.

The late Mufti Shamim (rh) told me that Mufti Taqi Usmani wanted to do some particular work that would benefit the youth and get their attention. So Mufti Shamim asked Mufti Taqi Usmani if he knew what "bling, wicked and cool" stood for in today's world.

Mufti Shamim was trying to tell him that if you want to get the attention of the youth, you have to speak their way and this is what we see with Shaykh Riyadhul Haq, Mufti Abdur Rahman, Mufti ibn Adam, Shaykh Hasan Ali, Mufti Menk, Shaykh Zahir and so on.

Mufti Taqi dropped the idea!

So there are valid mixed feelings and these things do get put to the attention of the Ulama, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to the questioner.

I have personally sent links to Mufti AS Desai, Mufti Abdur Rahman and so on from this very forum and I've only had positive feedback, Alhumdulillah. And there are other Ulama who use this forum to post, advertise, benefit others and I've also been told that they too have benefited from it.

In fact one alim even asked me to send him a link to some of our posts since he had a long journey to cover with some Salafi's and Alhumdulillah, they proved very beneficial.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#116 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 19:32
I don't have the option to report post via Chrome.

Why can't this thread be locked? We get the idea!
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: