Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Muslim vs Muslim

You have contributed 10.8% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,992
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 12:22

Black Turban wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

There are always extremes in life and Tassawuff is no exception:

  1. Madkhalees reject Tassawuff altogether
  2. Sufees regard Tassawuff as everything

Everyone (including Deobandi Mashaykh) themselves agree that excesses and extremism has crept into Tassawuff and this is not a hidden fact.

You and Brother Arafatzafar are disagreeing with the term "Hazrat Worship" but the reason and rationale behind it you will be hard pressed to dismiss.

And if you dismiss it is of little importance and consequence because Dr76 (a Shaykh) and London786 (hardcore Sufi) agree with it.

What you both seem to be disagreeing with is the “term” and who it’s coming from (i.e. me). Even if I was to state a universal fact I would be disagreed with because it came from me so there is no problem with that and I understand that (although disagree).

So lets turn to Shaykh (Mufti) A. S. Desai (HA) and whatever he is saying about today’s Tassawuff take that as a yardstick.

Lets take what Shaykh (Mufti) A. K. Hoosen (HA) is saying about Tassawuff.

Br Abu Mohammad and I have been pretty clear more then once that "Hazrat worship" DOES NOT mean a person prostrating to a Hazrat physically

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Arfatzafar's avatar
Offline
India
1,269
Brother
1,586
Arfatzafar's avatar
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 14:06
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother,
If you write ''some deobandis'' then there is no problem at all, but wrote''deobandis'' which applies to the entire group, what you intended is different thing.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,992
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 14:11
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post


My Brother,

Are you willing to listen to me calmly without dislike, disrespect and hatred? Can I communicate with you?

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Black Turban's avatar
Offline
Bangladesh
1,549
Brother
1,808
Black Turban's avatar
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 15:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
You and Brother Arafatzafar are disagreeing with the term "Hazrat Worship" but the reason and rationale behind it you will be hard pressed to dismiss.[/quote]

Generalisation is very inappropriate and I think a knowledgeable person like you shouldn't do that. In no way you can equate me with him.

My reply was in response SPECIFICALLY to brother Abu Muhammed's last post and not what he thinks in general.

[quote]What you both seem to be disagreeing with is the "term" and who it's coming from (i.e. me). Even if I was to state a universal fact I would be disagreed with because it came from me so there is no problem with that and I understand that (although disagree).


Why in the world I need to have bad impression regarding you? Please don't make me a victim of collateral damage in the conflict between brother Arafatzafar and you.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 15:23
There's already been one reminder for all on this thread, the topic is drifting from one topic to another...

Please only post relevant issues to the current topic, otherwise please start a new topic. Jazakumullah
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,992
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 15:42

Black Turban wrote:
View original post

So then clarify your position. Do you agree or disagree that the concept being presented (call it what you want) is valid and does exist?

I am neither generalized it nor said "every Deobandi" or anything remotely linked to that conclusion.

Here is the unedited post for you to review, please feel free to specifically point out as to which aspects do you disagree with and why?

The issue which is perceived to be between me and Brother Arafatzafar and others is largely onsided, I am being attacked (viciously in multiple threads and blog) and I am responding and trying to protect my honour and dignity (which Islam DEMANDS me to do). The more they attack, the more I try to protect the more they get frustrated and the more they attack.

I agree with Brother Jinn and Dr Umar123 that this should stop but I cannot be expected to not respond to clear slander, disrespect and vicious tongues. I have tried:

  1. Offered dialogue through any and all means (at my cost) to try to resolve the issue
  2. Tried explaining
  3. Tried countering,
  4. I have asked Maulana Yasin (and Abu Muhammad) to intervene and stop the HATE

It doesn't mean that its affecting me and I am breaking down etc (far from it) but if multiple people want to GANG UP together via email (whatever) [see last comment and others) and start targetting me through a vicious campaign then surely I have at least the right to respond, wouldn't you permit me that right?

 

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Black Turban's avatar
Offline
Bangladesh
1,549
Brother
1,808
Black Turban's avatar
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2014 16:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post


I try to think from both perspectives in case of any disagreement and figure out the reason. So in this particular case I've tried thinking from both Arafatzafar et al. and Muadh_Khan et al.'s perspective. This is why my replies might seem ambiguous.

To sum up my position I always stand against ghuloo and on the other side I do also believe that (a Mufti saheb told me) no movement or effort can exist without strong adherence of the workers. Laymen take this "strong adherence" to such an extent that they create ghuloo and even fitnah. This is happening everywhere- among Jihadi tanzims, Tabligh and Tasawwuf.

Finally, I'm a poor chap who has no significance in terms of Deen and dunya, so please exclude me from your blacklist.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -1Like x 1Dislike x 1
back to top