You have contributed 10.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, samah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, dr76
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 07:17
Wait a minute. I see now what you mean. Apologies dr. sahib, I was understanding the quotes of 'ulamaa' in a different way. I understand now how this position was reached. Forgive any misunderstandings from my side.

dr76 wrote:
And Shaytan has NO interference at all..

This was the part I failed to fully grasp.

Anyway, JazaakAllah for the scans you posted, they were a good read.

wassalaam.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 07:19
Arslan wrote:
edit: dr76, How did you reach your conclusion at the end there?

It was the gist of what all the ulema stated..
+1 -0Like x 1
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 07:20
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم akhi.

I understand your argument, what if Shaytaan taking form of a random person and claiming to be the Prophet (saw) is also 'impersonation'.

There are two situations here-
1. The Prophet (saw) coming in his true form. (there is no doubt that the shaytaan can come in his true form)
2. The Prophet (saw) coming in a different form. (here you have doubt that shaytaan can come in different form)

But if you closely read what dr76 has mentioned:

Mullah Ali Qari رحمة الله عليه states that the Ziarah of Rasulullah (salallahu alaihi wasallam) in any condition cannot be Batil or wrong. Even if He is seen in any other image than his own.. since this image is also formed Min Janib Allah سبحانه وتعالى .

Also read closely Imam Nawawi's and other scholar's statements on the Prophet (saw) coming in any other form has indeed seen the Prophet (saw) in the dream.

Also if ask anyone who have seen the Prophet (saw) in their dreams, they just KNOW that it is indeed the Prophet(saw).

Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi رحمة الله عليه states that when ilm necessitates and the heart bears witness that it is none other than Rasulullah (saw) .. then it is sufficient'.

I have seen the Prophet (saw) in 4 different dreams. I am a sinful Muslim, He(saw) did not appear in his true form, I couldn't see his face clearly. None of 3 dreams he said He(saw) was the Prophet(saw), I just KNEW it, that ilm was there.

+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 07:21
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

no need to apologize brother..

request duas..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 12:09
Quote:
If a person was to see the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in his unrecognized features, for example, he saw him without a beard, or with full grey hair, etc... then this dream will need to be interpreted.

Does anybody know how scholars interpret dreams about Rasulullah sallallaho alaihi wasallam or any other dreams? Like we need guidance through divine revelation, but how do we get guidance when it comes to the interpretation of such dreams? Hadhrat Yusuf alaihis salam used to interpret dreams according to wahi right, so now how do scholars do?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 12:38
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

Interpreting dreams is a Wahbi Ilm.. Allah Ta'laa grants it to whom he wishes.. ( source.. My Alima Teacher)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 12:57
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

Wahbi Ilm? I don't get how does Allah give it to the one who's not a Nabi? Do you mean, like through Ilham or kashaf etc. ? Please explain. Elaborate. Gimme details if you can.

Jazakillahu khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 13:10
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

Nabi (saw) used to teach interpretation of dreams. There are a few hadith in sahih bukhari in which Abu bakr رضي الله عنه tries to interpret a dream n Nabi(saw) tells him how correct his interpretation was.

Ibn sireen was one of the great dream interpreters. I think he was a tabii. This also a science and it also needs skill not just knowledge. Because there was an incident in which ibn sireen interpreted a same dream of 2 people differently. I forgot the reason, I think it was because one was in summer n the other in winter.

Besides we shouldnt be obsessed with dreams n its interpretations.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 13:13
There is great detail in mariful Quraan about dreams..
Maybe in the Tafseer of Surah Yusuf.
Pls check.
No post ratings
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 17:54
Brother dr76,one more question if you can spare time to answer :

"granted that Shaytan can not declare himself to be Nabi (SalAllaho alaihe wa sallam)....but is it possible that one 'visualise' his own imagination in the dream in the form of Rasoolallah (Alaihe salat o salm).I mean many people are so overwhelmed with the love of Prophet that they keep thinking about him most of the time,it is very likely that there love fills their imagination and they see it as Rasoolullah Alaihe Salam ?

Moreover,some people unfortunately think so high of themself that they honestly believe they should now be able to come in contact with the Prophet (Alaihe Salam) spiritually,indeed they must be in some big misunderstanding....still there 'Mutakkhyyula' ( the senses of fantasy) must be filled sufficiently with their preconceived ideas to be presented as a dream to them ?

Any ideas dr sahib ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 18:05
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

It means that its a Wahabi Ilm and only granted to Wahabees!

:P
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 18:55
A very quick and badly drafted email with a response too.

Date: Fri, 2 May 2014
To: Majlisul Ulama South Africa
Subject: Seeing the prophet in a dream

Salaam,

With reference to the many dreams people have in which they claim that they have seen the Nabi Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam in different forms, ie with a white beard or short beard etc, is this something that is possible?

My understanding is that if we see the Prophet in HIS form, then and only then can we say that we have seen him since Shaitan CAN NOT take the form of the prophet. Many charlatans claim to see the prophet and mis guide people and many ulamah tend to interpret the dreams and say that yes it is possible for the prophet Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam to appear differently to teach a lesson, for example a youngster who doesn't have a beard and he claims that he saw the prophet Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam in his dream but with a short beard. Why would the Prophet Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam compromise on one of his biggest sunnats?

To me, this seems like blasphemy and I find it difficult to comprehend. I would like for you to shed some more light on this for me please. Especially on those who claim to see the prophet in a totally different hulyah.

Jazakallah Mufti Saab.

WasSalaam.

Sent from my HTC One

----

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM

4 Rajab 1435 (4 Maqy 2914)

Abu Mohammed

Your e-mail dated 2 May 2014 refers.

If a faasiq (flagrant/immoral sinner) reports that he has seen Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) in an un-Islamic form in a dream, then in all probability he (the faasiq) has fabricated the dream. His dream should be discounted and not accepted.

If a genuinely pious person - a man of the Sunnah - sees Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) in an un-Islmic form, then it will be a lesson or a warning for him. The pious person may be involved in something evil, hence the warning. It will have a deep meaning which only an expert muabbir (interpreter of dreams) will be able to interpret.

There is really no clarity and certitude on these issues. Whatever is said will be theory and opinion. Allah knows best.

Was-salaam

A.S. Desai

For

Mujlisul Ulama of S.A.
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 19:10
Guest-200099 wrote:
View original post

A King passing by a very old.. algae filled well, with little water that may not be healthy for drinking.. at one end is its owner gazing at the water.. unmindful of what is happening around him.. at the other His majesty peeping in the well for just a moment.. as he passes by..

for a second, the commoner is taken aback.. as he couldnt have identified anyone's reflection.. in such dim light.. such unclean water.. but the King.. his benefactor.. how could he not recognise.. even the aura surrounding him testified that it was the king.. even in many guises he couldnt have missed him..

So whatever pure or impure the Mutakkhyyulat be.. be him even a non Muslim.. ( there are cases where he (saw) appeared in thier dreams and brought forth the spring of Hidaya) when the Image is of his recognised features or a random personality ( say the image of a pious man of his times..).. and the heart bears witness that it is certainly Hazrat Rasulullah (saw).. then he has indeed seen him (saw).. ( of course a non muslim / fasiq with vested interests claiming to have seen him in un islamic form has to be discounted..)

Thats what the ulema speak of..

wa Allahu alam..

wa Assalam..
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 19:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

That proves the need for having a teacher to acquire Deeni Ilm
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2014 19:26
What may one expect when one asks a islah question from Maulana A.S Desai Sahab?
No post ratings

Jump to page: