Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Feeling Spiritually Low ? ( Condition of Qabz )

You have contributed 6.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Naqshband66
1 guest appreciates this topic.
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 22:59
umar123 wrote:
View original post

wa iyyak,

bro you may find discussion about this matter in the Books, maktubaat and mawaiz of ahlul tareeqat. Such as maktub(letter) no107 in 3rd volume of Maktubaat By Imam Rabbani Hazrat Mujadid Alfe sani sirhindi R.A ,Also the technical understanding of lataif are well explained in Hujatullahil baaligha by Shah wali ullah R.A. How Aql, Qalb and Nafse come into play. Also maktubaat of khwaja masoom R.A discuss about Qabz. And many other books.....But nothing substitutes the company and education from a true mentor/shaykh.

They say Qabz can happen either by having commited some sin which causes it, or sometimes its from Allah. In the first case astaghfar and sincere taubah helps, in second one must continue his shaghl/nafl ibada wihtout paying attention to whether one is enjoying his ibada or not, often the test is to check whether the slave is doing ibada for his nafse or desires or is it for Allah, unconditionally. And if the person stays steadfast, imense barakah and rehma showers upon him. Neverthless, istaghfar and keeping the company of sincere Ahlul zikr is the best medicine in all cases.

And offcourse this is in no way any expert or exhaustive discussion on the matter.Test and trials, haals and ahwals come in all forms.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2014 22:20
Jazakumulah for the replies guys,

May Allah reward you all abundantly.

I'll have to look into this a bit more though.

والسلام
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 06:43
I suppose your query has already been addressed but I shall still chip in.
Since Qabz and Bat are not voluntary positions the best position for you on them is to be detached from either.
We are responsible only for our voluntary actions.
In the state of Qabz the only worry should be to be particular in observing the injunctions of Shariah.
Some people may feel that the state of Bast is better because you are leaping forward on good deeds.
In reality Qabz is better because each deed is fetching much greater rewards for you are indulging in Islam in a condition that is not favourable.
Then there is this additional good news that one is reaching a reasonably mature state where one can identify Qabz and Bast and worry about them.
And any sensitive Salik will notice a danger here - one might fall into Ujb (vanity) because of this.
Hence our Masha-ikh say that Qabz and Bast are the conditions of higher order travelers.
A person with such an attitude will hide his state of Qabz or Bast.
Our Elders have any way advised us to keep our spiritual state hidden from the world - except from our Shaikh.
Will you not think very highly of a Salik who is drunk with enormous amount of Allah(SWT)'s wine but does not show it at all to the world? The world thinks of this person as an ordinary one moving around.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 09:57
great thread
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:11
london786 wrote:
View original post

Would be interested in getting some of your thoughts on this if possible akhi, anything you have heard from Shuyukh, Ulema, or read in books or even experienced ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:22
best option seems to be going jamaat for a bit. Begging ALLAH, istighfaar. Sometimes a change of scenary helps. A good motivational talk not online but real life.....To maintain is the difficult part...best is to continue with one's routine regardless of how one feels. Sometimes one gets the feeling that the effort is a waste so just give up. One must not give up. Also if one cannot do a thing in it's totally one should at least do some portion of it. i.e. say one finds awabeen difficult then pray 2 rakahs less as it still counts as awabeen. if one cannot wake up for tahajud pray after isha. Also many people feel they cannot tell their shaykh or they are too impure to tell their shaykh in the current state and therefore will improve their state first. This is like a person who is dirty going to a stream and saying I shall wait until I am clean and pure and then bathe....
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:28
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Interesting outlook brother Maripat, I can understand the reason behind keeping bast hidden, but keeping qabz hidden makes no sense as ones very own emaan is on the brink here, one has hit a brick wall here and will be needing all the help he can get.

Problem is no matter how hard he tries to manoeuvre himself out of the situation through repentance etc, he'll manage to slip out of the situation and be on a spiritual high but to only slip into qabz again a few days/weeks later

Now this raises many thoughts/observations here as to what could be the causes

-sins from the past
-sins in the present
-bad luck
-test from Allah on being muslim
-punishment due to sins
-etc

Can it be all of the pointers above or does it always have to be one ? Also how do you know which one it is and what if its a test from Allah ? as Allah says he will test you if you believe through various things.

So in essence can you really pinpoint reason its in one's life, also can one do istikhara to find out what's up or where one is going wrong ?

What's the way out for the one who's hit complete rock bottom in scenario described above.

I appreciate your input
جزاك الله خيرا

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:33
Jinn wrote:
View original post

This is why a kamil shaykh is needed. Just speaking to him or writing a letter etc is enough at times. Depends on the shaykh as well.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:37
london786 wrote:
View original post

I like the Jamaat option, in fact I was mentioning it to someone the other day to go and at night when everyone is asleep, sit there and repent, recite a chapter or so from 'munjate maqbul', and then make dua and think its just you and Allah now and no one else.

I actually know a brother who used a method similar to the one above but involving salatul hajaat, this brother was a ex gangster been in and out of prison all his life, don't even know how to read Fadhail e amaal, struggles with reading. He fixed up, moved localities, got involved in TJ, he had a kid and wanted to stop earning haraam money as he was changing everything, he used the method above and this brother has no gcses, can bearly read or write and today he has a job at tfl earning 30k+, he mentions it himself that I don't know what happened as there were graduates competing with him when he went for the job. His yakeen was made.

I guess it all comes down to " Never loose hope in the mercy of Allah", despite how big sinner you are, you may be an alcoholic, a killer, but the doors of Allah are always open.

Appreciate the response
جزاك الله خيرا
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:44
  1. In life you come alone, you deal with your issue alone and then you die.
  2. You do your job to the best of your ability, make Astaghfaar have hope in the Mercy of Allah (SWT)
  3. You keep trying until you can no longer

The quicker you realise that, the quicker you can deal with your problems. Escaping that and you look for this all your life:

Spiritually LOW or spiritually HIGH; do your job!

+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2014 11:46
Jinn wrote:
View original post

dua is very important. It is the essence of worship...dua in jamaat is very special mashallah. Lengthy duas from the heart are a must. Today our worship including dua is robotic. Tableegh jamaat is an amazing work mashallah. So many lvies have changed for the better
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 09:04
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Interesting outlook brother Maripat, I can understand the reason behind keeping bast hidden, but keeping qabz hidden makes no sense as ones very own emaan is on the brink here, one has hit a brick wall here and will be needing all the help he can get.
Qabz is a temporary state.
Even if lasts for two decades.
Luckily you'll know whether you are in a state of Qabz or cut off from the Path completely.
There is no reason to despair even if later is the case.
Just come back to the Path=Sulook=Tareeq. It is that simple.

That you are worried about the low state of Eeman is the crux.
When you are worried about the state of your Eeman and your Eeman becoming weak then you are in a state of Eeman.

The natural uneasiness associated with this state is understandable.
Problem is no matter how hard he tries to manoeuvre himself out of the situation through repentance etc, he'll manage to slip out of the situation and be on a spiritual high but to only slip into qabz again a few days/weeks later
Qabz is non-voluntary. It is from Allah (SWT). No point in fighting it. If you can do some voluntary things to come close to Allah (SWT) then it is beneficial but the benefits will not be immediately visible.

Of course good deeds in a state of Qabz are more beneficial than the same deeds in a state of Bast.

Now this raises many thoughts/observations here as to what could be the causes

-sins from the past
-sins in the present
-bad luck
-test from Allah on being muslim
-punishment due to sins
-etc

These are all scary feelings but still there is no reason to panic. Everything points to the fact that you are on a road to the Straight Path. And that is the Straight Path.

Can it be all of the pointers above or does it always have to be one ? Also how do you know which one it is and what if its a test from Allah ? as Allah says he will test you if you believe through various things.
(1) These are all important realizations of reality.
(2) It is good one gets worried about past sins. Such a person will repent, IA.
(3) Same about present sins.
(4) Never worry about luck. Pointless to worry about non-voluntary things. Of course always seek Allah (SWT) protection from bad things.
(5) Allah (SWT) testing us is a reality. No escape from it. Always supplicate for ease in case of trial.
(6) Always supplicate for forgiveness and freedom from punishment. Allah (SWT) accepts our supplications.
So in essence can you really pinpoint reason its in one's life, also can one do istikhara to find out what's up or where one is going wrong ?
Q: What is the reason behind my current Qabz?
A: I am no astrologer.
This is not a rude answer.
Actually we need not bother about the reasons behind Qabz.
Allah (SWT) is Al-Haakim.
He (SWT) can do whatever He wishes.
So it is pointless to worry about reasons behind His actions.

No need for Istikhara here. Avoiding sins and implementing Sunnah is the rule.
And it is sufficient for us.

What's the way out for the one who's hit complete rock bottom in scenario described above.

I appreciate your input
جزاك الله خيرا
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 09:56
Maripat wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا akhii for the detailed reply

I guess at the end of the day it's all about 'Ittiba-e-Sunnat'.

Insha'Ala

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 14:16
Everytime I fel spiritually low I try and make lots of duas, shed tears on my prayer mat, make astaghfar and recite ayaat e sakina ( ayats of peace) to put myself at ease. And i try my best to wakeup for tahajjud n make duas (bcos thats the time i personally feel i am talking my heart to Allah ).
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2014 15:51
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Yes it is indeed about following Sunnah.
There are many interesting curiosities along the road, very mesmerizing, but these do have the potential of distraction.
Let the side tracks be for those who are indulgent about things mystic.
On our part let us me preoccupied with the mundane, routine, non-romantic Islam.
That is what my Shaikh told me.
That is what I gather from Hazrat Thanwi (RA).
And it was gratifying to hear the same sentiments from Mujaddid-e-Alf-Sani.
Each one of them came to above conclusion after having experienced those things that we are talking about.

+2 -0Like x 2