Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Futuhat book edition by Osman Yahia, is it in English?

You have contributed 9.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 05:37
Assalamu alaikum

Thanks to Google, I just found Ibn Arabi's "Futuhat Makkiyah" 14 volumes (CRitical Edition) in various Torrent sites by Osman Yahia. Is it an English translation? Cannot find any info about it online :/ The download file is pretty huge so I wanna make sure if it's worth downloading. (I mean if it's in Arabic, I won;t able to read it.... lol.)

Jazakallah khair

P.S. I have read some chapters of Futuhat from Aisha Bewley's website. I must say it's sooo sooooooo fascinating! But I can't afford to buy the Futuhat book right now
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 06:58
السلام عليكم

The books of Ibn Arabi rahimullah are severely complex and can even give ulema a hard time, I know one alim who had to read his books two/three times to grasp its actual meaning, before that even he thought of the book 'kufr/shirk'

For a laymen it's recommended not to study these books by yourself but under a competent alim.

The rest Allah knows best

Hopefully the others will be able to elaborate on this
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 12:39
^ Wa Alaikum Assalam w.w

Agree..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 16:02
I think it's just Fussus Al Hikam that gives me a headache.... First chapters are OK but next I just passed and abandoned it. Idk but I read Futuhat and it's wonderful explanation on the metaphysics side of Islamic practices. I can attest that even a little you can absorb from Ibn Arabi will do most wonderful, it changes paradigm on how we see God, Universe, and what kind of piece of puzzle we're playing in this giant web of existence. :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 16:39
Dr Atif Yusuzai was so disturbed because of Fusus-al-Hikam in spite of having read it in a class.

I am not planning to read it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 19:03
Coloratura wrote:
View original post

Allah (SWT) commands us to speak in a clear concise manner so I have never understood the need to be cryptic! Our Ulamah always speak and write in a straightforward manner.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 05:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Can't agree more Khan Sahab. May be I should give up on Timothy Winters. I usually keep getting the whispering that by not deciphering his contentions I am missing something very great. This curiosity is further kindled by the fact that Mufti Abu Hajira appreciates him and Dawud Israil of Muslimology has done extensive posts on them. I'll appreciate your take.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 09:38

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Maripat Saheb,

I am old fashioned so I try to get assessment of people from meeting or firsthand reports rather than writings.

I was assisting an English Sister for her Nikah who went to one of the best universities in UK and she told me that while she was part of student body she arranged for Shaykh Abdul- Hakim Murad  (HA) to come to the university and her assessment was that he is a white upper middle class pompous stiff upper lipped English gentlemen.

And she is white upper middle class herself!

She also told me some other things about him (which I don’t want to repeat).

I then also didn't like his involvement with Salafi bashing on National TV. What he is saying here is OK for limited people:

Halalified YT Audio

But to come on National TV and try to join a witch hunt is not good.

I have read some of his contentions and other writings.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 10:16
Brother there is absolutely no comparison between hazrat ibnul arabi rh and shaykh abdul hakim murad. It is ironic that the very same abdul hakim murad who came on national TV blasting salafis for issues that pretty much all muslims agree with was the subject of a witchhunt himself due to some old videos on homasexuality. When the actual programme against salafis was aired many of the traditionalists were saying salafis don't speak with hikmah etc but I am sure they would not use the same argument when it comes to the exposure of shaykh murad. It is funny how he managed to get so much funding for his new place and was specifically targeting the deobandi madrasahs. Sad to say many deobandis got sucked in. Give me a tablighi any day of the week over the likes of abdul hakim murad. He even alleged that tablighi jamaat is infiltrated by extremists and hazrat inam ul hasan was a qadri??? His friend habib ali jifri is following the same stance in the arab world. Leave that for another post
+2 -0Like x 1
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 10:53
Muslims today fall prey to anything, which sounds intellectual. Pakistan and all its "intellectuals" (who are sometimes on the edge of Islaam) popping up like mushrooms is another example. How did this trend start?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 11:40
london786 wrote:
View original post

You stole the words from my heart.

Our Tableeghes Brothers are doing fantastic work for the revival of Emaan in people and triumph 1000 Abdul Hakim Murad's any day of the week.

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Jzk for putting it eloquently.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 11:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

You seen the latest mess akram nadwi is up to. He needs a big time refutation. Then you have the likes of Harris Hammam praising it and blasting us deobandis for way smaller issues. It is funny how birds of the same feather flock together. All these guys are linked...in one way or another.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 11:53

london786 wrote:
View original post

(Dr) Akram Nadwi (HA) was a NOBODY until 2 well known British Deobandi Ulamah collaborated with him:

1. Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abdur-Raheem Limbada (HA) of Darul-uloom Bury
  2. Shaykh (Maulana) Yaqoub Qasmi (HA)

When we raised the point of Yasmin Mogahed there was NOT ONE Deobandi Alim in the entire UK who backed this stance or spoke about it AT ALL!

Do you remember?

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 11:57
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

What can we say bro. I would not say he was/is a nobody. He just seems a bit intellectual compared to others and our ulema are overawed by anybody with a bit of intellect. He needs a big time refutation though. His latest antics on his usul ul fiqh course in bradfordstan as well his very recent course calling towards secularism and alleging that the reason our enemies oppose us is because we oppose secularism and somehow our enemies would become more tolerant of us if we adopt secularism etc. Absolute batil statements that need to be sorted out.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2014 12:04

london786 wrote:
View original post

He wasn't known amongst Deobandees UNTIL our Ulamah co-operated with him and made him KNOWN. I don't know about his statements but if this is true then our Ulamah do need to take responsibility for him and Al-Buruj (both) because they picked a young kid from London and gave him National stardom.

But we can neither ask questions, nor have a dialogue and our lot (unfortunately) is to refuted by Al-Buruj and then also hated by our own people like Siraji, Deobandi, Arafatzafar and the likes thereof.

Such is life we fight on multiple fronts and mostly get hurt by own people.

+1 -0Like x 1