Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

MS-Addiction

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah, Yasin
Rank Image
Arfatzafar's avatar
Offline
India
1,269
Brother
1,586
Arfatzafar's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2014 18:56
(salaam)

How much time do you spend on MS?
Are you MS addicted?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2014 19:10
The beauty of being an addict/regular is that it helps us and others stay away from nonsense website's.

We stay closer to the Deen than these rubbish haram sites that allows for anything and everything.

So being a regular or addict has its benefits. Of course the time can be spent doing other deeni aspects, but this day and age, things are fast moving and not many would even bother reading Hadith books or the Quran, so at least this way, people are giving dawah, helping others stay away from haram and gaining reward for reading up on Islamic studies etc.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 4
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,241
Brother
1,935
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2014 19:25
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post



السلام عليكم

No addiction as such. I check MS often when I get free time.

As long as Ibadah like Salah and other duties are not effected, and not engaging in much debate then 'addiction' to an Islamic forum is not a bad thing.

Edit: We Muslims are advised to stick to the Jama'ah. I don't come across practicing Muslims much in real life, hence I spend time in such forums to meet 'comparatively' practicing Muslims.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,126
Sister
834
Taalibah's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2014 19:40
We get regular updates so more on ms than off, the way I see it....I'm in the company of practising Muslims. Due to ms rules and policies there's no swearing, nudity, etc.

Keeps me away from things that are not beneficial ie. unnecessary mixing, backbiting, being involved with things that will neither benefit me in this world or the next. Also with intention of receiving reward for doing kidmet of ms users, and benefitting from their posts.

No addiction as such, but concern for keeping forum clean and flowing.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 4
back to top
Rank Image
samah's avatar
Offline
USA
368
Brother
629
samah's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2014 19:59
I think I spend more time on this website (and the Internet) than I should. Although one can posit that being on MS is better than being on inappropriate websites, one must avoid wasting time in all matters. Many discussions on this site are useless with no benefit. I don't mean that to be an "attack," because it is clearly observable. However, even spending time in "useful" discussions can be harmful when you really should be doing something else. That is the harm of an "addiction."
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 6
back to top
Rank Image
Arfatzafar's avatar
Offline
India
1,269
Brother
1,586
Arfatzafar's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2014 01:42
I feel restless if I dont visit MS.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Servant.Of.Allah's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
654
Brother
571
Servant.Of.Allah's avatar
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2014 10:14
Its Good to hangout in a good place with good people..

I was in SF so regular, but there were so many negatives there. Yet it is a master forum.
Initially SF members who were unused to MS layout had some troubles, later we picked up. In MS we dont find trolls, immature kids arguing with elders, fitna spreaders - these are my likes in MF/.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 5Winner x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Maria al-Qibtiyya's avatar
Unspecified
620
Sister
202
Maria al-Qibtiyya's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2014 05:46
I'm not an addict of this forum. But I really don't want to miss any updates from some respected members whom I think are really knowledgeable.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
back to top