Jinn, abu mohammed, Taalibah, ak1
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#226 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:16
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

If those brothers said that they've heard it from Ulama then they've fulfilled the basic act of taqlid (trusting a scholar's statement without asking for proof). I've heard Ulama say the same, except that instead of calling it "a hadith", they say "such and such narration", which is a safer approach. If you're concerned about the daleel, you should ask the Ulama from whom they heard it and not them, as they being laymen wouldn't be able to help you too much because it's not their field.

Secondly, if given the responsibility of adabul jawlah/ghasht, you don't have to repeat narrations, stories etc that you've heard from some sathis. Instead you should go to Ulama and look for those Ahadith that are authentic and acceptable and take it from there.

Basically, it shouldn't be reason not to give Adabul jawlah/ghasht...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 2
#227 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 21:53
hiso wrote:
View original post

The following narrations amaze some:

2. Nooh a.s will be covered in stones & jibreel a.s will come. so, nooh a.s ask 'What is my task now' and jibreel a.s saying it is the same task of inviting people to Allah s.w.t..

The bolded part is fabricated, i read somewhere but somehow cant find the exact quote now.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#228 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 23:03
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Asalamualaikum.

It's a personal choice, Hazrat. Many of them the brothers and elders who do it is always the same, but regurgitated. I've done it a few times, and I always get the cold vibe it doesn't confirm to traditional way of doing it where you have to mention certain narrations and can't use ones they've never heard about it.

They heardd it from a Ulema who narrated something that's likely to be fabricated and it's alright use them as long as you tag it as such such narration? That's news to me. Is this a Deoband thing?

I've always been instructed weak hadiths in terms of praise and encouragement, but fabricated? I've pretty much verified all the narrations anyway, thanks to you guys, trusted scholars and a few knowledgeable brothers, I know.

I go for myself and hope my efforts can change someone elses. After the salah, I don't stick around for the bian as I have no intention to go on jamat. I'll nominate myself to do alahn and raibar, that's it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#229 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 23:14
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

There's nothing wrong with saying a narration from a statement of the salaf, when that's what it is.

It's not a deobandi thing.

Problem is attributing something to Rasulullah (saw) when it's definitely fabricated or not confirmed.

See the difference?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#230 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 23:29
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Yes, I do. You're right, Hazrat.

Jazak'Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#231 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 02:35
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Why don't you follow the middle path? (I try to do this.) I don't bother about stories or narrations mentioned by old workers because I know how a simple story/narration loses its initial form after being transmitted via lectures. There is Muntakhab Ahadith, there are volumes of Hayatus Sahabah, there are reliable 'Ulama. Why should I learn from unreliable sources?

I gather materials myself (from authentic lectures, books and online sources) and ponder how to represent it in front of people. I generally stay away from delivering Bayan because I've felt it creates pride in myself (people praise and consider me as someone special). But when I'm compelled to do, I take it as an unexpected chance of giving Dawah and move forward.

What's the problem in giving Dawah to people individually? It's firmly established in Shari'ah to do amr bil ma'roof and nahi anil munkar. Just tell people to follow Deen properly and make Du'a for guidance. You don't need to be a Muhaddith/Mufassir/Mufti for that.

To sum up, always willing to deliver Bayan is harmful for one's Nafs.

Always staying away from delivering Bayan is equally harmful.

Taking every narration of old workers without verification is wrong.

Rejecting every narration of old workers out of suspicion is wrong.

Don't let Shaytaan deceive you like Barelwis who don't care about fabrication and follow tradition blindly.

Don't let Shaytaan deceive you like Salafis who suffer from suspicion about everything, do hair splitting analysis and reject anything other than Sahih.

Adopt the middle path.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#232 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 02:43
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

You've misunderstood the whole idea of Tableegh.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#233 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 08:16
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#234 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 11:30
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

I hear ya' akhi, I prefer group discussions more and I refuse to do the bians in gasht programs because it's really about persuading to go in the path of Allah i.e. jamat. Whoever is delegated to give the bian mentions the same narrations that's been disputed in this thread i.e. the ghuloo. I won't go into detail because I don't want to initiate another long lethargic discussion about TFJ, but if I have no intention of going and disagree how certain narrations are used then there's little point.

Apart from that, I'm all for everything else.
+0 -1Dislike x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#235 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 12:03
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Same is here.....

I generally sit at a corner and when listen any problematic stuff, cross the angels surrounding Majlis and disappear. :P

But make sure that you don't detach yourself from Jama'at of Muslims and let Shaytaan play with you like a cat plays with its prey.

Also please don't think that persuading people to go in Jama'at is ghuloo because you know how important it is. Just a Bayan doesn't change people's life.

I also recommend you to read Malfoozat of Mawlana Ilyas and Mawlana Yusuf Kandhalawi Rahmatullahi 'Alayhim and "Mawlana Ilyas (RA) and His Deeni Dawah" by Mowlana Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi Raheemahullaah. These will help you understand what the effort of Tableegh really is.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#236 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 12:24
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

I don't detach myself from them, akhi. I make sacrifices to ensure I can attend the weekend gasht programs including the big majlis that takes place in Dewsbury every Thursday.

I've always stretched the importance of jama'at to other people and ask them to consider it if they're looking for a spiritual uplift and what not. However, not using narrations that I don't feel comfortable mentioning.

Allah keep us steadfast on his deen.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#237 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 12:35
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

MashaAllaah.

Make Du'a for me.