Jinn, abu mohammed, Taalibah, ak1
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 14:50
samah wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah for the corrections...I edited my post.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 15:18
@Arslan bhai,

The claim, as was referenced by classical Ulama is that Fardh Aiyn acts are superior to Fardh Kifayah acts. But, at certain times and under certain conditions and need, fardh Kifayah acts can become superior.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 15:22
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

I don't think that was the purport of Maulana Zakariyya رحمة الله عليه's explanation nor was that the understanding he wanted to convey.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 15:38
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

I may have misunderstood, as I have not read the article completely, but the issue seems not to be as simple as we would like it to be.

From the article:

Hadrat Delhawi (May Allah fill his grave with noor) writes in his Malfuzat that:

"This journey of Tableegh encompasses the khasai's (special qualities) of battle within it. Therefore the hope of a similar reward is expected. Though it is not battle, it is a component of battle. In some ways it is lesser than jihad and yet in other ways much greater. For example, in Jihaad, there is the manifestation of anger - erupting like lava, whereas in this path there is the swallowing of one's anger, and being humble for the sake of Allah and falling onto peoples' feet entreating them"

[bold added for emphasis]
___

In another place in the article, Hadhrat Zakariyya (rahmatulaahi `alayhi) says regarding fighting, "even if that is the highest rank of Jihaad."

These kinds of apparent "contradictions" in rewards remind me of the Hadeeth regarding the reward of one who is proficient in recitation of the Qur'aan versus one who falters in his recitation, but remains steadfast. The reward for the latter individual is mentioned as "double" in the Hadeeth, but the reward of the former individual (company of angels who are scribes, noble and righteous) is different and unique. It doesn't mean that the reward of the latter individual is greater. It is quite difficult to explain and understand.
+2 -0Like x 1
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 16:13
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Subhanallah! Couldn't agree more. When you see the way Shaykhul Hadith Zakariyyah addresses this issue covering so many different angles and objections in that concise article, you really have to be left in awe and wonder. These were really the true ulama of recent times, who make us look like infants in terms of knowledge and insight.
+0 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 16:47
May Allah ta'ala have mercy upon us all.

Mufti 'Azam Hadhrat Mawlana Muhammad Shafi' Usmani (rahmatullah alayh) even used to say, that Tafakkur is greater than a thousand years of optional worship. [Majalis Mufti-e-'Azam, pg. 203]

When Shaheed Islam Hadhrat Mawlana Muhammad Yusuf Ludhyanvi (rahmatullah alayh) was asked about Salah during Tableeghi journeys being rewarded like 490,000,000 Salah, he simply replied that it is proven from Ahadith. [Aap ke Masa'il aur unka Hal, Vol. 7, pg. 286]

Mufti 'Azam Hadhrat Mawlana Mahmudul Hasan Gangohi (rahmatullah alayh) explained, that there is a huge difference between the Du'a at home and out in the path of Allah and obviously the objective of all Messengers (alayhimus salam) was the propagation of Deen, so according to how close ones life is to this path (of the Messengers) ones Du'a and Ibaadah will be to that of the Messengers. [Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi aur Tablighi Jama'at, page 122-123]

My point is that these Fuqaha of our time never made a fuss about the enormous rewards mentioned and most of them had no problem with "fi sabeelillah" being used for the effort. Now, why do we react so "nit-picking" and demand precise proofs? Because - Allah knows why - when we get confronted by the praises of another effort, we feel like our effort has been automaticly degraded. This is a complex, sickness, mental disorder or whatever you want to call it, and has to be removed from our minds. Reality is the efforts of truth do not replace nor degrade eatch other. Nizamuddin elders as Mawlana Sa'ad Kandhalvi (hafizahullah) are very clear about this.

In his autobiography (Aap Beeti) Shaikhul Hadith Hadhrat Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhalvi (rahmatullah alayh) potrays beautifully how scholars and elders of the time accused Hadhrat-Ji Mawlana Muhammad Ilyas (rahmatullah alayh) of being ignorant about back-then current political affairs and neglecting other aspects of Deen due to being so over-passionate about his mission. Hadhrat Shaikhul Hadith (rahmatullah alayh) used to answer on behalf of his uncle, READ IT.

Below Maulana Abu 'Ammar Zahidur Rashidi (hafizahullah) mentions, that someone engaged in one specific work will naturally create some sort of "shiddat" (intensity) regarding it, and otherwise he wouldn't be able to work. [Listen from 54:40]

watch?v=7VbkTYh68js (Can't post a link, you insha'Allah how to do this.)

May Allah enable us all to utilize our energies in a more constructive manner. Ameen!
+0 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 17:03
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Maybe the problem is a figment of your imagination. Nobody in the entire thread has disrespected anything; rather an Academic question is being asked.

If you can respond please feel free to do so but don't disrespect other people and their intentions. People have a right to ask if they don't understand something OR despite reading your own line from Hazrat X or Hazrat Y, and simply because they disagree or don't understand don't throw them off the AKABIR BUS which is the next thing you will probably do.

Maulana Abu Ammar Saheb (HA) should worry about his son (Amaar Khan) who is with Javed Ghamdi and refutations by Mufti Abu Lubaba Shah Mansoor and Zarb-e-Mumin on him before giving his opinions on other matters...

Jazakallahu Khayran
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 17:27
OK, no need to fight but just want to clarify: I did NOT intend to oppose, refute, pin-point or attack any poster of this thread (especially the thread opener for his sincere query). And I thought restricting myself to the use of "us" would make it clear enough. I was simply trying to give my view on this issue and it's general notion when it's commonly discussed (as this issue gets raised often on and off the internet).

Citing Hadhrat X and Hadhrat Y was only to display how relaxed some scholars, which we all respect, were concerning this issue despite their immense knowledge and capability of immense knowledge. On a side-note Hadhrat Mufti Mahmud Hasan Gangohi (rahmatullah alayh) refers on the same pages again and again to a narration from At-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb, if anyone wants to check.

Even if my approach was inappropriate your comment on Hadhrat Mawlana Zahidur Rashidi (hafizahullah) has nothing to do with the issue on hand, and is not less inappropriate in any way. Especially if you listened to the less than 10 minutes of his posted talk, you would realize that he didn't attack anyone, but rather gave a very precious advice.

Now, if you still feel like I'm disrespecting anyone than I apologize to you in all sincerity and the stage is free for you...
+0 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 18:25
london786 wrote:
View original post

Ikhtilaaf will always be there until the end of time, why do you have to proclaim that only your opinion is right? Get off it.

And @New_Muslim, I know you from your posts from 2 other forums, if you have come here to tell that Jih@d earns more rewards than dawah, then for you too the answer is above, no one is stopping you or london786 from going in Jih@d, so please go and remember me in duas while you do. But do stop comparison.

Stop being Internet junkies.

@br Sulaiman84, I suggest you don't waste your time, if they are intent on getting the info, they know the sources. If I'm not wrong, and from their posts, they have come here to prove a point.

+0 -1Dislike x 1Disagree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 18:37
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Akhi relax and have some 'husne dhann'.

'New Muslim' is genuine in his quest for answers, we spoke on the phone a week or so back, and he had these questions so I asked him to sign up here and ask the brothers. You're a knowledgeable brother yourself so please do share some further insight into the matter.

I hope you understand my point brother.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 18:46
السلام عليكم guys. :)
Agree to disagree ok. Lets love each other.
With my minimal understanding I too believe the J!h@d is at a higher level. But maybe they are equal. Wallahu alam.

But ikhlaas is everything. The 1st to go to Hell is the martyr who fought for show off.
And the prostitute from Bani Israel will go to Jannah with 1 single act of giving water to a dog.
I guess its difficult for us to be like the sahabah, who engaged in J!had, dawah, tabligh, ilm etc etc. They were all rounders. We on the other hand are lucky if we atleast concentrate in one path. J!had cannot replace Tabligh and vice versa, both are necessary. Allahu akbar.

But this thread is good, its academic, so far no one is angry. :)
Alhamdulillah.

Make dua for me guys, facing some fitnah.
+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 18:47
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم
Tadka needs something tanda .
How about some falooda :D
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 18:55
Brother Desi Tadka listened to ruqya a few days back? Maybe he need to listen more
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 19:11
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Bhai, its an academic discussion, thats all. Otherwise, both efforts are extremely rewarding.
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 19:50
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

I don't need to listen to someone whose son has grouped with a Hadeeth rejector and he CANNOT bring himself to distance himself from the issue. He can stay silent, nay he defends his ideas and research publicly and backs his appointment to his magaizine; talk about the worst form of bigotry!

I have no issues with Tableeghi Jamaat or Jihad and may Allah (SWT) everyone who is serving His Deen (Ameen).

May Allah (SWT) save all our generations but above all save us from bigotry and may Allah (SWT) save Ammar Khan and bring him back to the fold of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah (Ameen).
+0 -0Optimistic x 1

Jump to page: